Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 8th 2013, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

mrpsv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

hi, new to the forum and my wife sent off our application on Friday 1st November. She is Canadian citizen (sponsor) and I'm from the UK.

Could I be added to the list

ps. I have just read that landing is required within a year of my medical. I done my medical back in July before I saw her in August, so she could have the required documents there in Brampton. Seeing as we have only just sent our application form, I'm now hoping the decision can be made before July next year.
Old Nov 9th 2013, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

ukcanjdl is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there, here is a quick update for the spreadsheet, our application has gone in to process on 6.11.2013 hopefully not long to wait now! good luck everybody.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

hopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of light

Hey guys!

Can I ask to be added to the spreadsheet? My application was received on 21/10/2013 and was approved to be sent to the UK office on 5/11/2013. We're applying as a married couple.

Thanks so much!

Hope

Last edited by hopeintoronto; Nov 11th 2013 at 8:19 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

disneyloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Feeling a bit down recently as this is taking forever. 12 September we got a letter asking for more information. Had 60 days to reply and my immigration consultant as finally sent off the information.

Application received in Mississauga on 21st Feb not 15th as on spreadsheet. Been afraid to ask for spreadsheet to be updated regarding additional information required as scared we'll be denied. So if someone can update, I'll be sure to update when we get our decision made. Seems everyone gets a positive answer, just hope we aren't the ones to get a negative!

Thanks
Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by disneyloo
Feeling a bit down recently as this is taking forever. 12 September we got a letter asking for more information. Had 60 days to reply and my immigration consultant as finally sent off the information.

Application received in Mississauga on 21st Feb not 15th as on spreadsheet. Been afraid to ask for spreadsheet to be updated regarding additional information required as scared we'll be denied. So if someone can update, I'll be sure to update when we get our decision made. Seems everyone gets a positive answer, just hope we aren't the ones to get a negative!

Thanks
Could I ask what happened with your original application for your boyfriend - I believe you applied under 'conjugal' at the time - did they process the application? Also, have you been living with him continuously for at least a year this time, so as to be able to qualify for common-law? It's just that I am a bit confused!

Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ukcanjdl
hi there, here is a quick update for the spreadsheet, our application has gone in to process on 6.11.2013 hopefully not long to wait now! good luck everybody.
Updated. Good luck!
Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by disneyloo

Thanks
Changed. All the best.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hopeintoronto
Hey guys!

Can I ask to be added to the spreadsheet? My application was received on 21/10/2013 and was approved to be sent to the UK office on 5/11/2013. We're applying as a married couple.

Thanks so much!

Hope
Hi Hope - I have added you and you now have your very own line on the spreadsheet. Hope the rest of your app is processed as speedily as Stage 1
Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute

What is the normal time between "landing" and the PR certificate arriving at the Canadian postal address? Starting to wonder if something is amiss....?
Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrpsv
hi, new to the forum and my wife sent off our application on Friday 1st November. She is Canadian citizen (sponsor) and I'm from the UK.

Could I be added to the list

ps. I have just read that landing is required within a year of my medical. I done my medical back in July before I saw her in August, so she could have the required documents there in Brampton. Seeing as we have only just sent our application form, I'm now hoping the decision can be made before July next year.
Welcome to the Forum and I have added you to the spreadsheet. Keep us updated as you progress!
Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oopsbuddy
What is the normal time between "landing" and the PR certificate arriving at the Canadian postal address? Starting to wonder if something is amiss....?
People on here report that PR Cards take 6-8 weeks to arrive from when you land, sometimes a little a longer. How long have you been waiting?
Old Nov 11th 2013, 11:00 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oopsbuddy
Do you mean receiving your PR Card? There is no 'PR' certificate per se, only the COPR document (signed and a copy given at time of landing) and the PR card.

Currently, I believe the processing times are about 6-7 weeks from landing to receipt of PR cards. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../perm-card.asp

Old Nov 11th 2013, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I read that cards were to be replaced by certificates (...or perhaps I'm thinking of "Citizenship Cards" are now certificates)....sorry!

6-8 weeks would be fine, it's about 6 weeks now since she landed....just wondering if there was any cause for concern yet, but I guess not.

Many thanks
Old Nov 11th 2013, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

disneyloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Could I ask what happened with your original application for your boyfriend - I believe you applied under 'conjugal' at the time - did they process the application? Also, have you been living with him continuously for at least a year this time, so as to be able to qualify for common-law? It's just that I am a bit confused!

We are living together again now. We lived together to qualify for CL last time but officer was a little confused himself so had to supply further information. We applied under CL. I moved back to England to live with him 2 1/2 months ago so at least we are on the road to another consistent 12 months should we be rejected. Tho I'm itching to get back to Beautifil BC!!
Old Nov 12th 2013, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

ukcanjdl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, here is another new update for the spreadsheet we got our decision made!!!!!!!!! (11.11.2013) good luck to all the people still waiting!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.