Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 21st 2013, 9:46 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by jennellapea
Because a week after I sent it I realised I'd forgotten my Additional Family form.
Ah, right. Was just curious!
Old Oct 21st 2013, 10:07 pm
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

No worries

I just hope that's everything. I don't think I could deal with it coming back a second time. Especially if it's because they lost things in the process of sending it back to me.
Old Oct 21st 2013, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Hey all,

I'm back in circulation now that I'm back in Canada!

I officially 'landed' yesterday at Toronto Pearson and sooo glad it's all done. It took around 20 mins in total which includes queuing at the first checkpoint with everyone else, and the time for the CBSA officer to check everything was correct on my COPR and sign it. I even got a new immigrant info pack and a little bag to carry it in.

Slightly anti climactic as he didn't offer me any congratulations and the misses was in the bog when I came through the arrivals ramp haha!

Anyways, I'll still be proffering advice and updating the spreadsheet on here so good luck to everyone and I'm super pleased that timescales in London have dramatically shrunk this year compared to last.
Old Oct 21st 2013, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!

I'm in Canada currently (almost 2 months) and haven't even activated my first IEC visa yet (job hunting), so I admit I'm quite a way off applying for Spousal Sponsorship yet, but I am so psyched to be hearing that people are getting super fast timescales!

Fingers crossed that these two month application processes last for the next 1-2 years!
Old Oct 21st 2013, 10:30 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markstimson
Hey all,

I officially 'landed' yesterday at Toronto Pearson and sooo glad it's all done. It took around 20 mins in total which includes queuing at the first checkpoint with everyone else, and the time for the CBSA officer to check everything was correct on my COPR and sign it. I even got a new immigrant info pack and a little bag to carry it in.

Slightly anti climactic as he didn't offer me any congratulations and the misses was in the bog when I came through the arrivals ramp haha!

Anyways, I'll still be proffering advice and updating the spreadsheet on here so good luck to everyone and I'm super pleased that timescales in London have dramatically shrunk this year compared to last.

Congrats and welcome to Canada!
Attached Thumbnails Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London-welcome.jpg  
Old Oct 21st 2013, 11:30 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markstimson
Hey all,

Congrats and welcome!!! Really glad it all went smoothly for you, hopefully you are getting settled well!!
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

phasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond repute

Almost there!

Got my medical next week! Does anyone know if they will tell you there are then if everything looks ok?

Just waiting on my police check coming back, and then, once my medicals are complete I can send off my application. Strange that it's so close now.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Heppster will become famous soon enoughHeppster will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by phasee
Almost there!

Got my medical next week! Does anyone know if they will tell you there are then if everything looks ok?

Just waiting on my police check coming back, and then, once my medicals are complete I can send off my application. Strange that it's so close now.
They will not tell you too many details, but when we went, they told us if it was (A- Healthy or B- Medical Condition). In any case if you do not have a contagious disease, your medical should be the least of your worries.

Also, there are many people that jump too quickly and get the Police Certificate and Medical done too early as these are the 2 documents needed that will expire. Make sure that you have gone through the entire checklist and have everything else needed to submit so that when you get your Medical and police certificate, you put your shoes on and get to the post office to sent it as soon as possible, or you may risk having to have those documents completed again. One document that many forget to get is the Option C Printout from Revenue Canada. If you do not have this yet, it may be better to cancel your medical appointment and get that Option C Printout and any other document you may have missed out on, and then schedule a new medical to save you about £300 for the medical fee.
Hope this helps! Best of luck with your application!
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Canada Immigrant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie

Congrats and welcome to Canada!
Hello Markstimson

Well come to Canada.

what did they ask in interview?? I am flying next week to Canada.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Canada Immigrant
Hello Markstimson

Well come to Canada.

what did they ask in interview?? I am flying next week to Canada.
Thanks

I guess you mean what they asked at the border? I didn't need an interview for the visa.

At the first set of booths he asked when I was last in Canada (making sure I didn't overstay my IEC), what I do for work, and if I will be re-employed by my former company. Then he told me to to go the second checkpoint.

At the second check, the guy asked to see my paperwork and passport, asked my GF's name, how we met, am I bringing any money in, what my address is, and again what line of work I'll be taking up. He signed my COPR, asked me to sign it, and then Boomtown. Out the door after I picked up a welcome to Canada pack!

Good luck with your landing.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

sambailie is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if you guys will be able to help but I was wondering if anyone had any advice? I am Canadian and have been living in Scotland for 10 years. My husband is British and we have been married for 6 years and have a son. We are planning on applying for spousal sponsorship to move to Ontario where all my family are. My question is about the income levels. Obviously as I have been living here I do not have tax returns or an annual income in Canadian funds. Any advice of what to include with my application?

Thanks,

Sam
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

phasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heppster
One document that many forget to get is the Option C Printout from Revenue Canada.
We have not been in Canada for the past year. We are attaching UK payslips from the past year and a note to say why the option C printout is not available.

Just going over the documents, for some reason I am stumped by "Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)". Number 3 in the application details - "Indicate the total number of family members included in your application".

So I am being sponsored as a common-law partner. Is to total number 1 (just myself) or 2 (myself and my girlfriend who is the sponsor)?

Thanks again folks!
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 8:49 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The answer is one since your sponsor is not applying for PR.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 10:20 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by sambailie
Not sure if you guys will be able to help but I was wondering if anyone had any advice? I am Canadian and have been living in Scotland for 10 years. My husband is British and we have been married for 6 years and have a son. We are planning on applying for spousal sponsorship to move to Ontario where all my family are. My question is about the income levels. Obviously as I have been living here I do not have tax returns or an annual income in Canadian funds. Any advice of what to include with my application?

Thanks,

Sam
Provide a letter stating what you wrote above and include copies of your UK pay stubs from the past year.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Anyone know what the script is travelling overseas as a PR before your card has arrived?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.