Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 21st 2013, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

JohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant future
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Yeah, sorry I had meant to ask if the other forum members were alerting you guys as to changes to their status.

And, of course some just don't come back.

What else do they do with their time if they aren't checking this stuff incessantly?
Old Oct 21st 2013, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Heppster will become famous soon enoughHeppster will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
I've been debating doing that exercise, trying to just PM people to see if they have any updates... I doubt someone like pat..sue hasn't received spousal approval yet! Of course it depends if they have their profiles set up to email them if they receive a PM... otherwise we might just start marking people as inactive? Dunno. Just a thought.
Its funny you say that, I just PMed a few members from the CANADAVISA forum to get them to update us on whats happening. I just created this account on British Expats so I can be in the conversation here too! Hello to all!

Last edited by Heppster; Oct 21st 2013 at 3:54 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2013, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

poppy88 is an unknown quantity at this point

So according to my tracking, my package arrived on the 17th, but still no email to say it has been received, who gets the email sponsor or the person applying, how long after does it normally take, and who is the email from just incase I've missed if/it's gone into junk so I can have a look for it

Thanks guys
Old Oct 21st 2013, 4:43 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heppster
Its funny you say that, I just PMed a few members from the CANADAVISA forum to get them to update us on whats happening. I just created this account on British Expats so I can be in the conversation here too! Hello to all!
Hello!! I do wonder who else maintains spreadsheets around the forums!! I think there are 9 people with access to edit, though I can only work out a few names to usernames... I think I'm the most active editor on here, though. I think. (I was responsible for the formatting changes... which seem to be well-accepted!) Anyways, welcome!!

Anyways, I will be doing some PMs in November... I'm just wrapping things up at work now before moving back home, but will have lots more time in November to sort that out!
Old Oct 21st 2013, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

nicolabanff is an unknown quantity at this point

How will I receive my COPR? By post or email? And do you know approximately how long it takes?

Thanks!!!
Old Oct 21st 2013, 4:50 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicolabanff
How will I receive my COPR? By post or email? And do you know approximately how long it takes?

Thanks!!!
You should have it in 2-3 weeks, tops, and it will arrive by registered post, so also keep an eye out for delivery attempt slips. You have to sign for it, since it's a legal document.
Old Oct 21st 2013, 4:57 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppy88
So according to my tracking, my package arrived on the 17th, but still no email to say it has been received, who gets the email sponsor or the person applying, how long after does it normally take, and who is the email from just incase I've missed if/it's gone into junk so I can have a look for it

Thanks guys
It took 10 days for us to hear (which I understand is super fast, avg is looking like 20days per the spreadsheet) - and basically in the morning (Canada time) I (sponsor) got an email to say they'd received the package back when I had tracked it as received and then 5hrs later got another email with an attachment letter that stated I'd been approved as sponsor and the package was being sent on. So clearly it hit someone's desk, they said yep got it and then processed it that morning (lucky!). That was 17 days ago and haven't heard anything since but I don't really expect to ... that would be ridic fast for part 2!

Good luck!
Old Oct 21st 2013, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Is this the case even in Canada? As I did my application outland
Old Oct 21st 2013, 4:59 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by nicolabanff
Is this the case even in Canada? As I did my application outland
As far as I know, but others who have received COPR recently may be able to share their experiences.
Old Oct 21st 2013, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Ok thanks SchnookoLoly!!!
Old Oct 21st 2013, 6:34 pm
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by poppy88

Thanks guys
I've still not had mine. Though I'm still fully expecting it to be sent back to me.

In regards to the spreadsheet, I have a different username on the other forum so I'm "jennfwa" on the London one.

I really hope I hear something today, good or bad.
Old Oct 21st 2013, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Heppster will become famous soon enoughHeppster will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Runningfree
Hi all.
We just wanted to share our great news I am in shock!!!

Just received by registered post Confirmation of Permanent Residence, it took in total under 2 months!! Hope others with applications of similar times will follow.
Please can someone update the spreadsheet. We are going to open a bottle tonight!!!
I am not going to lie, I am very envious of your timeline. I know that I have not been waiting much longer than what you have, but Wow. Congrats anyways! What did you put in your application to bribe the Immigration Officer? I am thinking of doing the same myself! But seriously, your application must have been extremely straight forward! How much relationship proof did you submit with your application, and what did you send?
Old Oct 21st 2013, 7:45 pm
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

Just got my application returned (as I fully expected). It had everything in a different order as obviously the officer has been having a look, but my 8 pictures for London are missing.

I'm guessing they've lost them and I'll have to send them to London further down the line? I really hope not.
Old Oct 21st 2013, 8:48 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by jennellapea
Just got my application returned (as I fully expected). It had everything in a different order as obviously the officer has been having a look, but my 8 pictures for London are missing.

I'm guessing they've lost them and I'll have to send them to London further down the line? I really hope not.
Why did you expect to have it returned?
Old Oct 21st 2013, 8:58 pm
Chips & Gravy

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Why did you expect to have it returned?
Because a week after I sent it I realised I'd forgotten my Additional Family form.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.