Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 16th 2010, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

It was an email, we had to send some proof that we were going to move to Canada. This was easy as we had already here staying with my partners parents. Anyway they asked for that proof to be sent along with my passport that was just over 2 weeks ago. I'm assuming that they have now opened and processed it, expecting to have to wait a little while for them to stick a visa in it and send it back.

Staying not far from Hamilton Ontario in a nice little town but most IT work seems to be around Toronto so need to move once we have jobs sorted out. Started to look into getting our own car instead of having to borrow the in-laws. Insurance is expensive but not as bad as we had originally thought just trying to settle on a car within our price range.

If you have any more questions just ask.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

quietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nice

We went the immigration lawyer route for my process. Which I'm glad I did, after living in 9 countries the paperwork was tedious to say the least. I was up to around 170 individual trips/holidays when we finished the paperwork.

We received the Sponsorship Approval letter on the 20th of May
App Started processing in London - May 27th

I have my Canadian police clearance done (I went to University in Canada).
My UK one has expired, and needs updating.
New Zealand, one can't be done till I get a filing number.
Malaysian police clearance is being processed.
Fingers crossed I don't need one from China as it is a PITA to get.

I'm so happy that I kept all my passports, and always kept on the right side of the law!

I'm currently staying in Canada on a visitor visa (we were living in New Zealand, however due to my wife getting ill decided to go to Canada...at which point we decided that Canada is the place to live), which is in the process of being extended. The thought of going back to the UK to get a job isn't appealing (getting there, finding somewhere to live, a job ect), however it might be something I'll have to do.

I just hope that it doesn't take too long to process, although I do feel sorry for the person that gets my application.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

smivers is on a distinguished road

Wow... Sounds a little intense! Good luck with your application!
Old Jul 16th 2010, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by LandC
It was an email, we had to send some proof that we were going to move to Canada. This was easy as we had already here staying with my partners parents. Anyway they asked for that proof to be sent along with my passport that was just over 2 weeks ago. I'm assuming that they have now opened and processed it, expecting to have to wait a little while for them to stick a visa in it and send it back.

Staying not far from Hamilton Ontario in a nice little town but most IT work seems to be around Toronto so need to move once we have jobs sorted out. Started to look into getting our own car instead of having to borrow the in-laws. Insurance is expensive but not as bad as we had originally thought just trying to settle on a car within our price range.

If you have any more questions just ask.
They asked for proof? Isn't it obvious, why else would you put yourself through 6 months of stress if you weren't?
I don't live far from Hamilton, my brother in law was commuting to Toronto from their for a while, didn't seem horrific. He's going to be commuting from St Catharines now which seems crazy to me!
Old Jul 17th 2010, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future

sent to london 28th june
arrived 2nd july
visa was added to passport 7th july
took just 5 days going royal mail to get here.
Passport was returned yesterday 17th july,

19 days all in, even with Canada day delaying its delivery in London isn't bad at all. Decided it will be best to wait till Monday and phone Hamilton Immigration office to see if they can see me right away to do the "Landing" if not it will be a trip down to Niagara. Looked at the traffic times crossing into US and its already an hour, its the weekend and the school holidays so early weekdays might be a better bet.

I'm planning on making a big post after doing the Landing and getting PR and SIN to give everyone a clear idea of what to expect doing the spousal sponsorship application and the way it progresses.

L and C
Old Jul 18th 2010, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

LuvShy is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow L&C

Lucky you, that is awesome they finished it so fast! Hopefully we can get results like that too. I guess your case wasn't complicated at all.

I started my entire thing middle of May...I know its just 2 months...but I am hoping I get some good news by the end of the month....Its processing in London...so hopefully it will be done soon....
Old Jul 18th 2010, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by LuvShy
Wow L&C

Lucky you, that is awesome they finished it so fast! Hopefully we can get results like that too. I guess your case wasn't complicated at all.

I started my entire thing middle of May...I know its just 2 months...but I am hoping I get some good news by the end of the month....Its processing in London...so hopefully it will be done soon....
Luvshy,

LandC didn't get her entire application done in 19 days, I think her application went off in December! She's talking about how long it took to get her visa in her passport I believe.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

ohhhh damn it...I think I got overly excited....I knew it was too good to be true...
Old Jul 20th 2010, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

London started processing myn on 19th May. Was 2 months on monday and no news , maybe next month...fingers crossed.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by louiseeg
London started processing myn on 19th May. Was 2 months on monday and no news , maybe next month...fingers crossed.
Maybe they process men faster...
Old Jul 20th 2010, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

really louiseg.....

awww...i hope you get good news soon...are there any complications in your case? if it just in the "in process" stage?
Old Jul 21st 2010, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

Hey... Just thought i'd let people know, I flew into Canada yesterday and got in no probs... sent my passport today to get my residency visa attached.

Good luck to everyone still waiting
Old Jul 21st 2010, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

i dont think i have anything odd...but you just never really know i guess.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

Originally Posted by wats123
Hey... Just thought i'd let people know, I flew into Canada yesterday and got in no probs... sent my passport today to get my residency visa attached.

Good luck to everyone still waiting
Cheers wats123 ... best wishes mate and fingers crossed we're all not too far behind you!
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

I've just had my passport request come through by email - guess I need to update my timeline! Can't believe it's happened so quickly and best wishes to all those still waiting ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.