Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 11th 2011, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

richard37 is on a distinguished road
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by leggy969
Yeah I know that feeling all too well.....I've never checked my email so much!!

But, on a really positive note, I've literally just checked Ecas and the application status has now changed to 'In Process', and that processing started on July 6th so I'm now even more hopeful of hearing something within the next day or two.
Congrats Leggy on seeing some progress. And congrats to everyone else that heard whilst I was away.

I'm glad they don't always process in order otherwise I'd be really worried by now!
Old Jul 11th 2011, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richard37
Congrats Leggy on seeing some progress. And congrats to everyone else that heard whilst I was away.

I'm glad they don't always process in order otherwise I'd be really worried by now!
I hope your next Richard!
Old Jul 11th 2011, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

davidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of light

Has anyone had any luck receiving a response from London when you submit a case specific enquiry? It says they take 28 days (!) to respond, I submitted an enquiry 2-3 weeks ago, I really had hoped to hear from them by now. It was under the 6 months they make you wait (but it was around 5 months), I gave them a nice heartfelt plea in the hope they'd at least respond with a "we're not answering your question, go away" kind of note.

I'm getting pretty worried now, over 5 months since they've had my application in London, and still no "medicals have been received" notification. I understand sometimes this doesn't show up on ecas even though they have it, but it doesn't ease the nerves. Seeing all the other lucky people who submitted application 3 months after me get their PPRs doesn't help!

I have a Canadian friend who immigrated to the UK, she had a nightmare of a time with the visa office losing her application, which of course she only found out the 6 months or whatever after they received it when she was allowed to ask about it, which really messed her around putting her plans on hold for a full year.

I'm at the point now where my current visa is expiring, I'm turning down job offers, having to plan for not being able to travel for 6 weeks when the PPR finally comes, but not knowing when that will be, and it is causing all kinds of a headaches. For the money it costs to submit an application I can't believe how un-transparent the process is, I don't think an understaffed call centre would kill them.

Sorry for the venting - someone tell me it's all going to be ok!
Old Jul 11th 2011, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by davidkenley
Has anyone had any luck receiving a response from London when you submit a case specific enquiry? It says they take 28 days (!) to respond, I submitted an enquiry 2-3 weeks ago, I really had hoped to hear from them by now. It was under the 6 months they make you wait (but it was around 5 months), I gave them a nice heartfelt plea in the hope they'd at least respond with a "we're not answering your question, go away" kind of note.

I'm getting pretty worried now, over 5 months since they've had my application in London, and still no "medicals have been received" notification. I understand sometimes this doesn't show up on ecas even though they have it, but it doesn't ease the nerves. Seeing all the other lucky people who submitted application 3 months after me get their PPRs doesn't help!

I have a Canadian friend who immigrated to the UK, she had a nightmare of a time with the visa office losing her application, which of course she only found out the 6 months or whatever after they received it when she was allowed to ask about it, which really messed her around putting her plans on hold for a full year.

I'm at the point now where my current visa is expiring, I'm turning down job offers, having to plan for not being able to travel for 6 weeks when the PPR finally comes, but not knowing when that will be, and it is causing all kinds of a headaches. For the money it costs to submit an application I can't believe how un-transparent the process is, I don't think an understaffed call centre would kill them.

Sorry for the venting - someone tell me it's all going to be ok!
"it's going to be ok"

though I have nothing to back that up, I hope things work out for you. This is a very scary process with very little to make you feel confident that things are rolling in the right direction, it is probably very frustrating seeing those get their ppr's and your application has been held for so long.

I know you are probably super frustrated with them, are you currently in Canada? Can you call the call centre?

I really hope things work out!
Old Jul 11th 2011, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

davidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=BrennaBoo;9489061
are you currently in Canada? Can you call the call centre?
![/QUOTE]

Yes I am, but it's being processed outland in London, so I don't think they'd be able to help at all.

My situation is so complicated, I am/was on a study visa that has expired, but I applied for an extension (which I legitimately needed), but haven't heard back so I'm currently on implied status, and if that's ultimately refused I guess I have to leave the country, and if not I still only have an extra few months to get my PR visa all finalized, which is looking less and less likely! Then I don't know what happen to my common law status!

Just checked the mail, one piece of junk mail! That's not a PPR! Gahhh!!!!
Old Jul 11th 2011, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

jaskp1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Linlaz
Well I'm pleased to say that my husband picked up my passport on Thursday and I've now officially got my passport back with the permanent residency visa in it, wow, can't believe it's all be so smooth.... I know I'm one of the lucky ones! However, I couldn't have gone through this process without the help of all of you and seeing the messages of encouragement, thank you so much! Our flights are booked for 27th August, our house is sold and now it's all our goodbye's which is the sad bit..... however, it's very exciting too and I'm looking forward to talking more about life in Canada when we get there on 'Canniversary'.
Thanks everyone..... here we come!
Congrats Linlaz!! Hope your move is smooth and you have a wonderful time when u get there!!

All the best with everything!!
Old Jul 11th 2011, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I am, but it's being processed outland in London, so I don't think they'd be able to help at all.

My situation is so complicated, I am/was on a study visa that has expired, but I applied for an extension (which I legitimately needed), but haven't heard back so I'm currently on implied status, and if that's ultimately refused I guess I have to leave the country, and if not I still only have an extra few months to get my PR visa all finalized, which is looking less and less likely! Then I don't know what happen to my common law status!

Just checked the mail, one piece of junk mail! That's not a PPR! Gahhh!!!!
Hm, you would think they might have some way of helping you...those buggers.

I know my hubby is currently wait on a response from a restoration of visitor status. which is pretty scary, we mailed in the application(so the processing time is REDICULOUSLY LONG), he has been out of status for a while, but i guess protected as an implied status.... and we still haven't heard anything, just as long as we aren't breaking the rules, were hoping to hear soon, but we feel like were in the same boat...totally F$%cked if nothing happens in the next bit, i'll have to quit my job in Canada, and he'll be back fishing agan We shall see....

i'm a big fan of sun and sand....not rain and greyness...which is what we'll get a heavy dose of if we have to move back to the uk. lol.

Whatever will be will be, as long as i'm with my D- doesn't matter really.

Good LUCK!!!!!

Last edited by BrennaBoo; Jul 11th 2011 at 7:37 pm. Reason: spelling/clarity
Old Jul 11th 2011, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by richard37

Hey Richard... good to see u back on the forum and hope your holiday went well

Yeah seems like it's very irregular but I hope they are looking up at it as quickly as possible. Would really wish u and the remaining May12ths get our PPRs soon.

Especially DavidKenley... I hope you hear something very very soon!! I know how tiring waiting for the application is, especially as you mentioned, when it's so not transparent!! I pray you get yours veeery soon!!

Yup even I haven't heard anything as yet... I just keep refreshing my email... Sigh...

ALL THE BEST TO ALL!! Keep smiling, it's always darkest before the dawn... good news will come soon for all of us

Last edited by jaskp1; Jul 11th 2011 at 7:40 pm. Reason: extra info
Old Jul 11th 2011, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BrennaBoo
Hm, you would think they might have some way of helping you...those buggers.
Just gave the call centre a ring, as expected nothing they can do really.

They did say though that if my study visa extension is denied I can then apply for an extension to remain in Canada as a visitor, which is good enough for me even if it's more waiting in limbo. Also if they deny it they don't really give you a date to get out by, they just ask you to leave as soon you can.

Oh and the common-law status only matters at the moment you apply, not if you're forced to live separately during the processing time due to visa stuff apparently.

She also offered to send me contact information for the London office including a phone number I could talk to someone on, which got me all hopeful, but the email she sent with the contact info was just a link to the website

Best keep on waiting then!
Old Jul 11th 2011, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Just gave the call centre a ring, as expected nothing they can do really.

They did say though that if my study visa extension is denied I can then apply for an extension to remain in Canada as a visitor, which is good enough for me even if it's more waiting in limbo. Also if they deny it they don't really give you a date to get out by, they just ask you to leave as soon you can.

Oh and the common-law status only matters at the moment you apply, not if you're forced to live separately during the processing time due to visa stuff apparently.

She also offered to send me contact information for the London office including a phone number I could talk to someone on, which got me all hopeful, but the email she sent with the contact info was just a link to the website

Best keep on waiting then!
Glad to know you can at least apply for a Visitor Visa

God forbid, if you don't hear about your application soon, then once 9 months has lapsed since it was received in London, you should be able to contact them directly regarding your application since it would have gone over the time period stated on the website.

All the best to you!!
Old Jul 11th 2011, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jaskp1
Glad to know you can at least apply for a Visitor Visa

God forbid, if you don't hear about your application soon, then once 9 months has lapsed since it was received in London, you should be able to contact them directly regarding your application since it would have gone over the time period stated on the website.

All the best to you!!
Yeah, actually it's 6 months I believe, so only have to wait August 2nd to wait another 28 days for an answer! Hopefully I'm due any day now.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Ivesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there i was wondering if any one can enlighten me... we have just sent off our completed application it was couriered to Mississauga on the 5th july, we are using a immigration consultant the reason for this is we were so worried that we would miss something and have our application delayed we decided to go along that route, plus there are four of us being sponsored me and my three teenage sons so there was a lot of paper work ect to fill in. My consultant has just let me know that our has application gone and the time line for the first part of the process is between 3-4 months sometimes less( Mississauga) i have looked on the official Canadian site and processing time for this part shows 40days is this right as i am frantic now., is the 40days for each application ? my husband is living in canada and i am in the uk. I would be so grateful for any responses.
Thank you in advance
ivesy
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ivesy
Hi there i was wondering if any one can enlighten me... we have just sent off our completed application it was couriered to Mississauga on the 5th july, we are using a immigration consultant the reason for this is we were so worried that we would miss something and have our application delayed we decided to go along that route, plus there are four of us being sponsored me and my three teenage sons so there was a lot of paper work ect to fill in. My consultant has just let me know that our has application gone and the time line for the first part of the process is between 3-4 months sometimes less( Mississauga) i have looked on the official Canadian site and processing time for this part shows 40days is this right as i am frantic now., is the 40days for each application ? my husband is living in canada and i am in the uk. I would be so grateful for any responses.
Thank you in advance
ivesy
Well, my husband came here as a visitor and is staying with me while we are in process of the application. We sent the application and ti was recieved in March - and we got sponsorship approval in may, then the application goes onto the case centre in the uk - and who knows how long it is, some people get approved quickly, others have to wait...it's just the way the cookie crumbles I guess!
Old Jul 12th 2011, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Ivesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for you reply... guess i will just have to wait, the hardest part is that we are both in two different countries when all we want to be is together.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Cawsand is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there anyone on this thread who has had their sponsorship approved in Mississauga on June 28th? Our application has not been received in London yet though it was sent out on the 28th as well. I don't understand this. I use couriers all the time and it should be there.

I agree with the person who mentioned 'transparency' above. I know this is quite an important process but I agree some transparency would help us to appreciate the people working on our files.

It would be good to know how other 28th June peeps are doing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.