Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 19th 2010, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

I really don't understand your statement they haven't tied the 2 applications together. Sure they have, you can see your application, the sponsor can see his/her. You sent the sponsorship to Mississauga with the application, Mississauga approved, and forwarded the application to London, which is processing it.
Sorry if i wasn't clear i was trying to emphasize that on ECAS our application information isn't tied together.
Old May 21st 2010, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

Anyone had any new news? Im still waiting to hear if my application has actually reached the London office. Thought i might have heard by now, but i guess not (hope they dont loose it .... eeeek)

I am really hoping to be going by July, but i dont think it will happen, but hopefully it will i kinda feel like i will an there must be a reason for that.
Old May 21st 2010, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by louiseeg
Anyone had any new news? Im still waiting to hear if my application has actually reached the London office. Thought i might have heard by now, but i guess not (hope they dont loose it .... eeeek)

I am really hoping to be going by July, but i dont think it will happen, but hopefully it will i kinda feel like i will an there must be a reason for that.
Nothing new here, i'm trying not to look every 5mins. A person i have been talking to from another website found out yesterday that an email from London went to junk mail folder which requested PR fee. Payed everything upfront as well as sending off medical before the application so there wouldn't be any hold up. Just about to hit our 4 months since Mississauga, 3 months since it reached London.

Trackitt website doesn't show any movement on any applications for the last few months so hoping they will make a push to get more done soon.

L and C
Old May 21st 2010, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

canadiangirl80 is an unknown quantity at this point

My partner got an email PPR this morning! 70 days from the date of receipt in Mississauga. Ecas still says in progress though - I'm guessing it won't be updated until Monday/Tuesday. I am so excited, I actually cried happy tears in the shower this morning! It's all so overwhelming.. we've been living apart since August of last year

Good luck to everyone.. hopefully this signals that they are still capable of getting these applications done quickly, and hopefully we will see more approvals shortly!
Old May 21st 2010, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

Thats awesome news. Congrats.

I totally know how you feel, ever since me and my husband met (2007) we have been apart (seeing eachother every 3 months ish), apart from last summer when we spent 4 months together 247 at a fish lodge in the middle of no where. I cant wait to hear, (good news) im sure i will cry for days afterwards.

Congrats again and i hope its not too long for me. x
Old May 28th 2010, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

any other spousal updates as of late?
Old Jun 4th 2010, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

weaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really nice

Nope not heard anything still now since December the 16th. Am pretty much resigned to waiting till June the 16th and then apparently if I email an enquiry to London they will actually answer as it will be the six month point. Or they may still ignore it who knows.

Am still in Canada, I requested to stay as a tourist and received a piece of paper giving me a year from Vegreville.

None of my family or friends from either me or my wife have been contacted regarding the application. I dunno maybe its sat on a desk somewhere maybe they are doing "extra" checks.

I did go to Guyana once for nearly five months but seeing as its less than six there is no need for any police forms. If they are going to Guyana though for information then they are going to find it difficult. It was back in 1998/9 and since then there have been several floods that made Katrina look minor. Any records would be paper based and the chances of something existing are slim. Factor in that it is a third world country and if thats the hold up then I am screwed. Seems a pretty poor reason to hold it up though.

Still count the blessings, I am in Canada with my wife and plenty to get on with (paint the house). Things will either get sorted soon or not. Nothing I can do to speed it up.

Good luck everyone!
Old Jun 17th 2010, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

banther is an unknown quantity at this point

Received PPR via email this morning!

Quicker than expected, london started processing april 22, but seemed like forever! Now just the wait for London to send it back but think I can manage that
Old Jun 17th 2010, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by banther
Received PPR via email this morning!

Quicker than expected, london started processing april 22, but seemed like forever! Now just the wait for London to send it back but think I can manage that
Wow that was quick Banther! I hope mine is as quick!
Old Jun 17th 2010, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

wow that is good.

just wondering, is there anyone that got their PR approved but only had like just over a week until they had to fly out.....do the take that into account when you take your passport and have people had theirs back in time, and also not back in time?????
Old Jun 20th 2010, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

LuvShy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi All!

I'am from Toronto Canada, I submitted my application for Spousal Sponsorship, May 24/2010, I received a letter stating that I am approved in Canada and it's being fwdd to office in London (letter received June 18).

My husband is in London on a student visa. Anyone have any idea if it would take longer b/c he is a student?

Oh and also my husband has done his medical already (always with the canadian high commission in london) and also done all his police clearences.

Last edited by LuvShy; Jun 20th 2010 at 4:31 pm. Reason: adding in details
Old Jun 20th 2010, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

may_bettesworth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LuvShy
Hi All!

I'am from Toronto Canada, I submitted my application for Spousal Sponsorship, May 24/2010, I received a letter stating that I am approved in Canada and it's being fwdd to office in London (letter received June 18).

My husband is in London on a student visa. Anyone have any idea if it would take longer b/c he is a student?

Oh and also my husband has done his medical already (always with the canadian high commission in london) and also done all his police clearences.

What the hell??
They recieved mine May 14th and i havent heard anything!

Grrrr

Oh congrats btw, 1 step complete!
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

LuvShy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey may_bettesworth

Did you try calling them? I tried since the day I submitted my application and they said I have to wait like something around 2 months, cuz they were still processing applications backlogged 2 months, and then all of a sudden I get a letter saying that its been processed and I qualify and being transfered to Londo Don't know what the heck is going on.

Hopefullly you get a response back soon....

Now its just waiting for my husband's processing in England...and unfortunately our case is not so straight fwd so it might take a bit longer
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LuvShy
Hi All!

If hes not a UK citizen then it normally takes longer, as they will need to do a check on every country that he has lived in.

Some people have been processed with in 2 months of London receiving the application while other like myself have submitted in January and London received in February. I should point out as not to confuse you, I am a British citizen who hasn't lived outside of the UK, no trace on my police clearance, I personally can't think of any reason why they are taking so long but will soon reach the 6 month point at which i can contact London to find out what is going on.

L and C
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Just got the news, London received my application on 16th June and they have my medicals. Crossed fingers for everyone!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.