Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 10th 2022, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Drunkarchaeologist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has submitted a Spousal Sponsorship recently? We sent ours off to Canada at the beginning of April and I know they received it on the 5th of April as someone signed for it as I had a tracked delivery. Was just wondering what sort of timescale it will be till we hear something back as we have heard absolutely nothing, I understand there's a huge backlog, just be nice to hear some other people's experiences.

Cheers
Drunkarchaeologist
Old Jul 11th 2022, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Sunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Drunkarchaeologist View Post
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has submitted a Spousal Sponsorship recently? We sent ours off to Canada at the beginning of April and I know they received it on the 5th of April as someone signed for it as I had a tracked delivery. Was just wondering what sort of timescale it will be till we hear something back as we have heard absolutely nothing, I understand there's a huge backlog, just be nice to hear some other people's experiences.

Cheers
Drunkarchaeologist
Hi, my timescale went like this...
Nov 2020 - submitted outland spousal sponsorship application
June 2021 - application returned by mail (3 months in the post so they did look at it in March 2021) as I forgot to send a document
Sept 2021 - resubmitted application
Dec 2021 - Biometrics done in London
Jan 2022 - medical done
Feb 2022 - COPR received
Oct 2022 - flights booked to do soft landing

Patience is the name of the game, nothing happens for months and then they give you bugger all time to get biometrics done in a small time frame window, I had to fly down to London as its the only place in the UK to get biometrics done but I got my medical done in Scotland where I live.
Old Jul 11th 2022, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
Hi, my timescale went like this...
Nov 2020 - submitted outland spousal sponsorship application
June 2021 - application returned by mail (3 months in the post so they did look at it in March 2021) as I forgot to send a document
Sept 2021 - resubmitted application
Dec 2021 - Biometrics done in London
Jan 2022 - medical done
Feb 2022 - COPR received
Oct 2022 - flights booked to do soft landing

Patience is the name of the game, nothing happens for months and then they give you bugger all time to get biometrics done in a small time frame window, I had to fly down to London as its the only place in the UK to get biometrics done but I got my medical done in Scotland where I live.
Thanks for this, really helps to see someone else's experience who has submitted recently. I just assumed we would have received an email like "we have your application and have started processing it". Hopefully we'll hear something soon I hope, as my fiancèe (who is Canadian) is getting quite homesick and the whole not knowing about it then hearing about 23 month processing times is really getting to her.

Cheers
Drunkarchaeologist
Old Jul 11th 2022, 9:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this, really helps to see someone else's experience who has submitted recently. I just assumed we would have received an email like "we have your application and have started processing it". Hopefully we'll hear something soon I hope, as my fiancèe (who is Canadian) is getting quite homesick and the whole not knowing about it then hearing about 23 month processing times is really getting to her.

Cheers
Drunkarchaeologist
Just FYI, the first you hear may be Sponsor Approval, don't expect an email confirming receipt as it's possible you won't receive one. Hopefully you know it's got there safely via tracking though.

Also, bear in mind that those who applied recently and their timelines may not be relevant unless they applied since the Ukraine policy was implemented (i.e. Sunnybrae above, who had PR before that).
Old Jul 11th 2022, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Just FYI, the first you hear may be Sponsor Approval, don't expect an email confirming receipt as it's possible you won't receive one. Hopefully you know it's got there safely via tracking though.

Also, bear in mind that those who applied recently and their timelines may not be relevant unless they applied since the Ukraine policy was implemented (i.e. Sunnybrae above, who had PR before that).

This is also very true, understand there will be more of a backlog due to Ukraine. Well just gonna have to sit and wait I guess then hopefully we'll get a nice surprise at some point and be informed of whats happening

Cheers
Drunkarchaeologist
Old Jul 11th 2022, 10:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

This is also very true, understand there will be more of a backlog due to Ukraine. Well just gonna have to sit and wait I guess then hopefully we'll get a nice surprise at some point and be informed of whats happening

Cheers
Drunkarchaeologist
My guess (it really is just a guess though!) is that it won't be as long as the current processing times quoted, I think that time will come down. Fingers crossed anyway……..