Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 11th 2019, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by Jezzer88
I know :-( I just need to accept it's going to take a very long time. It's just hard as a family, 5 year old and wife are in Canada and myself and the 2 year old are here in the U.K.
Ah yes. That really sucks and must be very hard for you! You could of course come over under 'dual intent', but then not being able to work until approval could be a real issue.
Old Nov 11th 2019, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Jezzer88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Ah yes. That really sucks and must be very hard for you! You could of course come over under 'dual intent', but then not being able to work until approval could be a real issue.
Yes not being able to work wouldn’t be the best, so it’s just getting used to the waiting lol
Old Nov 16th 2019, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Received confirmation yesterday that London has received my application, with it came a 2 page letter giving excuses as to why they will take 3 months before looking at it!
Old Nov 16th 2019, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Received confirmation yesterday that London has received my application, with it came a 2 page letter giving excuses as to why they will take 3 months before looking at it!
Thanks for the update, spreadsheet updated.
Old Nov 17th 2019, 6:53 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Get used to immigration taking much longer than you think it should.... do also bear in mind that London doesn't just process spousal applications or just from UK
Old Nov 20th 2019, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

koaski is an unknown quantity at this point

The long wait is finally over! COPR landed in Gckey today! 🍾😀

Time to start planning our move at last. We have until the end of Feb to activate PR so it'll be a soft landing at Christmas then a full move later in Spring.

Thanks for everyone's help and support here over the past year - especially Hurlabrick!
Old Nov 20th 2019, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by koaski
The long wait is finally over! COPR landed in Gckey today! 🍾😀

Time to start planning our move at last. We have until the end of Feb to activate PR so it'll be a soft landing at Christmas then a full move later in Spring.

Thanks for everyone's help and support here over the past year - especially Hurlabrick!
Congratulations!!! So does that mean you have been electronically notified? You will still need to have the actual paper version of the CoPR and copy mailed to you (perhaps you know this).
Old Nov 20th 2019, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

koaski is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!!! So does that mean you have been electronically notified? You will still need to have the actual paper version of the CoPR and copy mailed to you (perhaps you know this).
Yep - just an electronic copy of what to expect in the mail. But after 11 and a half months of waiting I think we can manage a few more days now! Just so relieved it's all finally done and how so much has happened since we posted our application off to NS this time last year.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 7:10 am
Just Joined

SoftwareDev is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Please can I be added to the spreadsheet, timeline for my application was:

Spousal Sponsorship (Wife was born in Canada).
Application received in Sydney: 4th March 2019
AOR received: 5th April 2019
Biometrics requested: 12th April 2019
Biometrics provided: 26th April 2019
Medical requested: 15th April 2019
Medical passed: 4th May 2019
Application Transferred to Mississauga: 4th October 2019
Review of eligibility completed: 17th October 2019
Background check completed: 17th October 2019
Request for Passport/Application Transferred to London: 17th October 2019
Electronic Copy of Letter Accompanying Visa received: 12th November 2019
COPR Received: 14th November 2019
Soft Landed: 21st November 2019

Thanks
Old Nov 30th 2019, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SoftwareDev
Hi,

Please can I be added to the spreadsheet, timeline for my application was:

Spousal Sponsorship (Wife was born in Canada).
Application received in Sydney: 4th March 2019
AOR received: 5th April 2019
Biometrics requested: 12th April 2019
Biometrics provided: 26th April 2019
Medical requested: 15th April 2019
Medical passed: 4th May 2019
Application Transferred to Mississauga: 4th October 2019
Review of eligibility completed: 17th October 2019
Background check completed: 17th October 2019
Request for Passport/Application Transferred to London: 17th October 2019
Electronic Copy of Letter Accompanying Visa received: 12th November 2019
COPR Received: 14th November 2019
Soft Landed: 21st November 2019

Thanks
Thank you for your timeline and congratulations! Added to spreadsheet.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

SoftwareDev is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your timeline and congratulations! Added to spreadsheet.
thanks! Now to the scary/difficult/exciting part!
Old Dec 21st 2019, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Fivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond reputeFivestring has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Landed at Toronto on 4 Dec and activated my PR, the process was easy once we got to an Immigration Officer, only a few were manning the booths. Was able to get my SIN at Immigration and my PR Card arrived 2 weeks later.

I am happy to wright a detailed account as there were a couple of things learned, where is the best place to post it please..

Thanks for all the tips on the board​​​​​ it helped to miss a lot of obstacles.
Old Dec 21st 2019, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fivestring
Hi All

Landed at Toronto on 4 Dec and activated my PR, the process was easy once we got to an Immigration Officer, only a few were manning the booths. Was able to get my SIN at Immigration and my PR Card arrived 2 weeks later.

I am happy to wright a detailed account as there were a couple of things learned, where is the best place to post it please..

That’s great news 😁 I wish you all the best, can’t wait until I get to do it!

Look forward to reading your account and getting some pointers.

All the best for the future and Merry Christmas.
Old Dec 21st 2019, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fivestring
Hi All

congrations! Just make a new posting for your landing experience in the immigration forum. I can link it in the wiki article on landing.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 9:34 am
Just Joined

I had a request for an updated schedule A imm5669 on 24th February. It was a letter on gckey which requested it along with an original signature. Went in to the cic website searched for the form and filled it in, printed it out, signed it scanned it and attached it to my account. This was the form dated 062019. A few days later someone told me it was the wrong form it should be the one dated 112018. So I filled that in and sent it on a webform explaining what had happen. I had a response two days later saying that they had uploaded that form to my account. So now I just have to wait to see what happens!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.