Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 4th 2011, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Well the mail strike has slowed me down!!

tried to get it in the mail on wednesday but the lady said dont do it as they could get lost in the strike so wiaitng till monday now i guess!

was going to ups it but was 60 doller!
Old Jun 4th 2011, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-gb; HTC Desire Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by TomHoney
Well the mail strike has slowed me down!!

tried to get it in the mail on wednesday but the lady said dont do it as they could get lost in the strike so wiaitng till monday now i guess!

was going to ups it but was 60 doller!
After all your trouble so far, I would UPS it. Postal strike will mean delays and catching up - I would be too scared to take a risk! Good luck which ever way you decide on!
Old Jun 6th 2011, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

MrsRoss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application processing 26th February 2011 decision made- still nothing. Any advice?

Hi there, I have been checking the CIC website regularly for about the last 6 months and it hasnt changed from stating that my application was processed on 26th February, decision made. Judging by other peoples experiences, I feel that I should have heard something by now, but there doesnt seem to be much I can do to find out what has happened.

I have:
-emailed the CIC in London twice to inquire what has happened to the application (no reply within 2 months)

-phoned all the numbers listed, but they can't help on any case specific questions

-emailed my local MP in Canada to ask for help on the matter (no reply)

I am returning to the UK in the next 2 weeks and hope to go into the London offices in person... however, I notice that they state on the website that they won't discuss an application in person.

If anyone has had a similar experience, or can suggest any other ways of getting information (other than the ways I have already tried) I would be most grateful.

Many Thanks,

J
Old Jun 6th 2011, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

markandtammy is an unknown quantity at this point

OUR TIMELINE VIA OUT LAND SPONSERSHIP FAMILY CLASS COMMON LAW

MARCH 3 SENT APPLICATION TO MISSIAUGA
MARCH 31 SPONSERSHIP APPROVED
APRIL 7TH ARRIVED IN LONDON
JUNE 1 RECIEVED EMAIL REQUESTING DOCUMENTS
JUNE 2 SENT DOCUMENTS VIA WEB FORM
JUNE 6 RECIEVED PPR !!!!

95 days total processing... sending off passport
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:50 am
Just Joined

chicadeb is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my PPR today, too!!!
Old Jun 7th 2011, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Ricardo49 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am a new user to this forum, I have been browsing this thread with interest over the last couple of months. My application for permanent residency (Family Class) goes like this:

Submitted application to Mississauga - 4th Feb 2011
Application received - 9th Feb
Sponsor approved - 14th March
Application received in London - 17th March
Application in Process 24th May - I was asked to submit IMM5406 to the London office, I had stupidly left this one of the initial application. I also went travelling back in 2006 for 10 months from Alaska to Brazil (I mentioned this in my personal history), they wanted a timeline of the countries and cities visited and duration spent in each. These two items were posted back to them on 27th May. We are still eagerly awaiting a response............ Worried about delays but I guess we will just have to sit tight and wait for that magic email to arrive.

From the looks of things not many people have had to submit additional info.

Thanks
Old Jun 7th 2011, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chicadeb
Got my PPR today, too!!!
OH! Congratulations!

Wondering if anyone around my timeline has had any progress on ECAS? Or have heard anymore beyond their application being recieved in London.

lol, sorry...SO ANXIOUS!
Old Jun 7th 2011, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application processing 26th February 2011 decision made- still nothing. Any advi

Originally Posted by MrsRoss
Hi there, I have been checking the CIC website regularly for about the last 6 months and it hasnt changed from stating that my application was processed on 26th February, decision made. Judging by other peoples experiences, I feel that I should have heard something by now, but there doesnt seem to be much I can do to find out what has happened.

I have:
-emailed the CIC in London twice to inquire what has happened to the application (no reply within 2 months)

-phoned all the numbers listed, but they can't help on any case specific questions

-emailed my local MP in Canada to ask for help on the matter (no reply)

I am returning to the UK in the next 2 weeks and hope to go into the London offices in person... however, I notice that they state on the website that they won't discuss an application in person.

If anyone has had a similar experience, or can suggest any other ways of getting information (other than the ways I have already tried) I would be most grateful.

Many Thanks,

J
This is such an unfortunate solution as decision is made. It seems strange they wouldn't reply to Case specific email.

Im sure you have but have you checked all your junk mail?

I would just keep sending them case specific emails and keep trying to phone.

sorry I couldnt be more help.

-----

I ended up UPS my police records for 73 dollers so they should have that in 2 days. Hopefully know more delays but you never know!

---

Markand timmy

Now that is a timeline!!

thats what i was hoping for back in october! now im just hoping it will be completed in less than 365 days!
Old Jun 7th 2011, 7:28 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BrennaBoo
OH! Congratulations!

Wondering if anyone around my timeline has had any progress on ECAS? Or have heard anymore beyond their application being recieved in London.

lol, sorry...SO ANXIOUS!

Hi brennaboo.......no we've not heard anything yet and no updates on ECAS either. I reckon we may hear something around the 1st week of July(based purey on the average timelines from some recent posts on here).
Still....that doesn't stop us from checking our status on a daily basis!!

However, on the plus side for me,(and a huge relief too) my visitor extension was approved and I got the letter through on Friday. I sent it on Dec 12 asking for 6 months and it took virtually that long to process it. Anyway they gave me until the end of Sept this year and all being well, the PR should be all done & dusted by then.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

tHATS GREAT LEGGY - WERE WAITING to hear about my husbands resoration of his status...but lessstable but at least were together!
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

richard37 is on a distinguished road

Yep. I haven't heard anything yet either. We're staying at the in-laws this week and forgot to bring any of the reference numbers we need to get on ECAS.

Also just got my visitor's extension through, was granted even longer than I asked for. It runs out next March!
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

davidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of lightdavidkenley is a glorious beacon of light

Can some please de-scare me, I just had a scary call with the CIC call centre (after about ten minutes of mashing buttons to get to talk to a real person).

So I was asking about whether I could do an unpaid internship on my study visa (nope! - need a work permit), and happened to mention that I was expecting to hear back about my outland PR application soon anyway, which is currently being processed in London, and that soon I'd hopefully be able to work anyway.

The lady on the phone said I only would get a work permit if I had done an inland application, and that the outland one didn't give one. We then got all in a muddle discussing the rules and I thought it best to trust just what I thought I knew before I applied so I said goodbye!

So correct me if I'm wrong, the inland application allows you to apply for a work permit to cover the time between being approved and physically having the PR visa in your hands and landing. The outland application doesn't have a work permit offered at all, you just get your PR when you get it, and then you can land and apply for a SIN card like any other resident of Canada.

Is that right? You can work when you're a permanent resident without any kind of permit?
Old Jun 9th 2011, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-gb; HTC Desire Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by davidkenley
Can some please de-scare me, I just had a scary call with the CIC call centre (after about ten minutes of mashing buttons to get to talk to a real person).

So I was asking about whether I could do an unpaid internship on my study visa (nope! - need a work permit), and happened to mention that I was expecting to hear back about my outland PR application soon anyway, which is currently being processed in London, and that soon I'd hopefully be able to work anyway.

The lady on the phone said I only would get a work permit if I had done an inland application, and that the outland one didn't give one. We then got all in a muddle discussing the rules and I thought it best to trust just what I thought I knew before I applied so I said goodbye!

So correct me if I'm wrong, the inland application allows you to apply for a work permit to cover the time between being approved and physically having the PR visa in your hands and landing. The outland application doesn't have a work permit offered at all, you just get your PR when you get it, and then you can land and apply for a SIN card like any other resident of Canada.

Is that right? You can work when you're a permanent resident without any kind of permit?
After you have your pr, sin etc you don't need a permit to work. I can only assume she was on about the time waiting for it to be processed.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

rodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by caleo

After you have your pr, sin etc you don't need a permit to work. I can only assume she was on about the time waiting for it to be processed.
My partner and I are going to apply for common law as we are just coming up to living together for the year, However, read the CIC website and the forums we feel so overwhelmed by the amount of advise and do's and don'ts and what exactly we need to send off that im becoming quite anxious already! Do most people do it through a lawyer? I'm so scared of missing something or making an error and messing the whole thing up!
Old Jun 9th 2011, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi
Do lots of reading on here - including the similar and you will be fine doing it yourselves.

Print the forms off, have a read and you will get an idea of what information is needed and you can start the preparation. It takes time but many of us have done it with brilliant support on here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.