Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 30th 2011, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by BrennaBoo
I see Lake Louise as one of your locations my hubby and I met in Banff 5 years ago!
nice place to meet! I lived in Lake Louise for about a year... about 20 years ago. I visit there when I can - I just love it up that way.
Old May 30th 2011, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

richard37 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by leggy969
Hey richard37, you're about a week in front of me and about 5 or 6 others that I know of.

Anyway, hope it all goes smoothly for you, and for you, me and all the others with similar timelines.....
Thanks a lot and good luck from us too.
Old May 31st 2011, 5:46 pm
LZA
Forum Regular

LZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs-G
That's what we got - you or OH should hopefully get an email or letter from them shortly... usually asking for passport!
Mrs-G/Others - after the ecas update how long did you have to wait for either the email or letter and what did you receive, an email or letter? Thanks.
Old May 31st 2011, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Originally Posted by LZA
Mrs-G/Others - after the ecas update how long did you have to wait for either the email or letter and what did you receive, an email or letter? Thanks.
Our status updated on the tuesday to say decision made on OH and a letter would be sent. We had noticed that a lot of people had got the email first, then eventually decision made update on ECAS.... so we sent a wee email playing dumb and saying we only just noticed our status had changed, and had they maybe sent the email/letter and we missed it?.... just to jog them along. didn't actually get a reply, but on the Thursday we got the email request for passport and about a week later the letter also showed up.
Old May 31st 2011, 6:37 pm
LZA
Forum Regular

Our status updated on the tuesday to say decision made on OH and a letter would be sent. We had noticed that a lot of people had got the email first, then eventually decision made update on ECAS.... so we sent a wee email playing dumb and saying we only just noticed our status had changed, and had they maybe sent the email/letter and we missed it?.... just to jog them along. didn't actually get a reply, but on the Thursday we got the email request for passport and about a week later the letter also showed up.
Thank you Mrs-G. I guess due to the bank holiday it maybe early next week before we hear/receive anything.
Old May 31st 2011, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Linlaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Dear all with applications replied, I recently had my final stage approved and now just need to take my passport in. When ecas first said my app had a decision made, I received a letter in the mail to confirm the good news of my sponsorship, received a couple of weeks after ecas was updated. Then a mOnth later received an email to confirm the decision on my final stage, no letter, just the email, so ive got to get more pictures and take my passport in and two weeks later pick it up and I'm done! I have to say I'm very fortunate to have had mine turned around in 3 months, so we are moving out to Toronto 27th august in time for school!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 10:36 am
LZA
Forum Regular

Mrs-G - did you send as case specific email and to what email address with your file number?
Old Jun 1st 2011, 6:13 pm
LZA
Forum Regular

All - just received an email earlier today requesting my passport (over the moon). Question I have is around that it states the following:

"Dear Applicant,
Your application has reached the final stage of processing. So that your permanent resident visa(s) can be
issued, you must now submit the documents listed below. (These instructions do not apply to accompanying
family members who are entitled to Canadian citizenship, because they will have to travel on their Canadian
passports.)"

Although it does mention to submit documents so that the PR visa can be issued, there is no mention explicitly that I have been approved for PR or will be - is this normal and what others have seen/received? Thanks.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

I finally received my RCMP police check after 126 days.

for the the digital police check which is supposed to be a 72 hour turn around!

Hard to be exited when I feel like I should of had it 3 months ago but defiantly relieved im officially not a criminal.

Just got to send it off to the embassy. was just going to include the email requesting it? or do i need to write a covering letter as well?

and going to photocopy it straight away to!!

feel like its finally getting closer but then I have felt that before!
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

sanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of light

Mine was received in Missauga today(with a bankers draft lol) lets hope it gets done quickly
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richard37
I was checking this out recently. Apparently you just take your pr card down to your nearest service Canada office and you get a number pretty much straight away. It can take a couple of weeks to get the actual SIN card through though.

Edit: Found the link. http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/how.shtml

Edit again: AFAIK you don't have to 'go round the flagpole' you can just to your nearest immigration office. There should be one near you. I know mine is within walking distance.
dont forget to up date your health card once you get pr & a new SIN
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 11:05 am
LZA
Forum Regular

It seems as though there is a way around the 4-6 weeks timeframe for receiving your passport back after you have sent it off to obtain your PR visa. Here is an extract from the letter that we received. We will be taking our passports in next Thursday to take advantage of this service and I will post our experience after the passport have been picked up.

To submit your package in person
Our in-person service to submit and pick up passports is open on Thursdays between 2 pm and 3 pm at 38
Grosvenor Street, London, UK. You may submit your package in person at this time. You will be given a receipt
acknowledging that we have received it. You must show this receipt to collect your passport(s) and visa(s).
Because we require two weeks to issue your visa(s), you may only collect your passport(s) on the second Thursday
after you submit your package.
This service will not operate when the High Commission is closed. Our website shows our holiday closures (these
may differ from UK bank holidays). If Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve falls on a Thursday, then this service will
also be closed on that day, even if the High Commission remains open.
If you would like someone else to collect your passport(s) and visa(s), that person must present:
_ the receipt that was issued to you,
_ a signed letter from you authorizing them to collect your passport(s), and
_ one piece of government-issued identification that includes their name and photograph.
If you would like your passport(s) and visa(s) mailed back to you instead of picking them up, then follow the
instructions in the section above entitled “To submit your package by mail, courier or in our drop box”.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LZA
All - just received an email earlier today requesting my passport (over the moon). Question I have is around that it states the following:

"Dear Applicant,
Your application has reached the final stage of processing. So that your permanent resident visa(s) can be
issued, you must now submit the documents listed below. (These instructions do not apply to accompanying
family members who are entitled to Canadian citizenship, because they will have to travel on their Canadian
passports.)"

Although it does mention to submit documents so that the PR visa can be issued, there is no mention explicitly that I have been approved for PR or will be - is this normal and what others have seen/received? Thanks.
CONGRATS!

pretty sure that was normal. sounds same as our wording.... didn't ever actually say approved anywhere.

on your other question (which you probably don't need now ) there was an online form on the embassy/consulate website that you had to fill in your details on so not sure what email address it actually goes to.

Last edited by Mrs-G; Jun 3rd 2011 at 5:41 pm. Reason: forgot to add congrats! :-D
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 9:03 pm
LZA
Forum Regular

CONGRATS!

pretty sure that was normal. sounds same as our wording.... didn't ever actually say approved anywhere.

on your other question (which you probably don't need now ) there was an online form on the embassy/consulate website that you had to fill in your details on so not sure what email address it actually goes to.
Thank you Mrs-G. I know we have been very fortunate with our timeline. Also extremely grateful to everyone for all the assistance that they have provided throughout.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TomHoney
I finally received my RCMP police check after 126 days.

for the the digital police check which is supposed to be a 72 hour turn around!

Hard to be exited when I feel like I should of had it 3 months ago but defiantly relieved im officially not a criminal.

Just got to send it off to the embassy. was just going to include the email requesting it? or do i need to write a covering letter as well?

and going to photocopy it straight away to!!

feel like its finally getting closer but then I have felt that before!
Wow - I am sooo pleased for you! I know how frustrating it is waiting for someone somewhere to take some action and no way to be able to nudge them along! Hope everything goes smoothly now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.