Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 27th 2011, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by marcus2010
Hi Everyone,

Longtime lurker, first time poster. Some great info on here that's helped me out loads.

I've got a quick query that hopefully someone can help me out with. I've applied via the spousal route and received my passport request email today (woo hoo!) but the email contained this line which concerns me -

Unless your passport or the passport of one of your accompanying family members (if any) expires on an earlier date, your permanent resident visa(s) will all expire on 2012/02/08.

Does this mean I've got until 8th February 2012 to enter Canada or that have only given me a visa for 9 months??

thanks
Congratulations! It means you have to "land" by 8th Feb, which must be a year after your medicals.
Old May 27th 2011, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

marcus2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks Caleo, i was so excited I didn't read the appendix at the bottom of the letter!

Here's our timeline for info (we're going to Quebec):

1) Application received in Missasauga - 23rd February 2011
2) Decision made 20th March 2011
3) CSQ application sent 23rd March 2011
4) CSQ received 20th April 2011
5) Request from London for a copy of our CSQ on 4th May 2011 because the Quebec Govt never forwarded them a copy.
6) Email requesting passport 27th May 2011

Just over got to wait for the passport to be returned now
Old May 28th 2011, 12:34 am
Just Joined

shahbazkhan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marcus2010
Hi Everyone,

Longtime lurker, first time poster. Some great info on here that's helped me out loads.

I've got a quick query that hopefully someone can help me out with. I've applied via the spousal route and received my passport request email today (woo hoo!) but the email contained this line which concerns me -

Unless your passport or the passport of one of your accompanying family members (if any) expires on an earlier date, your permanent resident visa(s) will all expire on 2012/02/08.

Does this mean I've got until 8th February 2012 to enter Canada or that have only given me a visa for 9 months??

thanks
It means that if ur passport expires anytime before 8th feb 2012 you should land there before your passport expires otherwise u have time until 8 feb 2012....hope that clarifies ur concern!
Old May 30th 2011, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

richard37 is on a distinguished road

My time line so far:

Application received by CPC-M 25th March 2011

Sponsorship Approved 28th April 2011

Application and Medical Results Received London 5th May 2011

So far so good.
Old May 30th 2011, 5:31 am
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by richard37
My time line so far:

So far so good.

Hey richard37, you're about a week in front of me and about 5 or 6 others that I know of.

Anyway, hope it all goes smoothly for you, and for you, me and all the others with similar timelines.....
Old May 30th 2011, 8:58 am
LZA
Forum Regular

LZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Morning - just received an update in ecas stating

"We received XXX application for permanent residence on March 31, 2011.

We started processing XXX application on May 27, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on XXX application. The office will contact XXX concerning this decision."

Is this normal and the type of response people have received or is it something to be concerned about?

Cheers,

LZA
Old May 30th 2011, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Originally Posted by LZA
Morning - just received an update in ecas stating

"We received XXX application for permanent residence on March 31, 2011.

We started processing XXX application on May 27, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on XXX application. The office will contact XXX concerning this decision."

Is this normal and the type of response people have received or is it something to be concerned about?

Cheers,

LZA
That's what we got - you or OH should hopefully get an email or letter from them shortly... usually asking for passport!
Old May 30th 2011, 10:18 am
LZA
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs-G
That's what we got - you or OH should hopefully get an email or letter from them shortly... usually asking for passport!
Thank you for the prompt reply Mrs-G, really appreciate it. That is certainly reassuring to know that you received the same notification. I feel more nervous than ever before though.
Old May 30th 2011, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Duewest is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife-to-be will be sponsoring me and we will be applying outland through London. It seems that London is processing pretty fast. Is 4 to six months pretty standard?

Kind Regards,

Duewest

PS Congratulations to everyone who've made it happen and are starting their new life together.
Old May 30th 2011, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richard37
My time line so far:

So far so good.
Just wondering - are you meant to get an update on ecas when the medical has been recieved as well? All we have on the cic site is that the application has been recieved. We left the medical with the doc who did it earlier in the year they said they would have it sent off - and we just kep the portion that goes with the application...??? I hope we did this right!
Old May 30th 2011, 1:55 pm
LZA
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Duewest
My wife-to-be will be sponsoring me and we will be applying outland through London. It seems that London is processing pretty fast. Is 4 to six months pretty standard?

Kind Regards,

Duewest

PS Congratulations to everyone who've made it happen and are starting their new life together.
Duewest - for the most part 4-6 months does seem to be the norm with some exceptions.
Old May 30th 2011, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Originally Posted by BrennaBoo
Just wondering - are you meant to get an update on ecas when the medical has been recieved as well? All we have on the cic site is that the application has been recieved. We left the medical with the doc who did it earlier in the year they said they would have it sent off - and we just kep the portion that goes with the application...??? I hope we did this right!
BrennaBoo

Some do, some don't. We didn't and all was fine. I wouldn't read anything into it.

We basically showed in process.... then nothing for however many weeks, then all on the one day it was meds rec'd, decision made etc. Its not consistent.

Yes - doc sends them off direct, and you have your receipt bit that you put in with your application.
Old May 30th 2011, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo

Some do, some don't. We didn't and all was fine. I wouldn't read anything into it.

We basically showed in process.... then nothing for however many weeks, then all on the one day it was meds rec'd, decision made etc. Its not consistent.

Yes - doc sends them off direct, and you have your receipt bit that you put in with your application.
Oh thanks Mrs G! I always seem to be doubting myself in this process - you know, waiting for something to go wrong :S.

We know the application is recieved in London - can't wait for the next steps...hoepfully all is good!
Old May 30th 2011, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BrennaBoo
Oh thanks Mrs G! I always seem to be doubting myself in this process - you know, waiting for something to go wrong :S.

We know the application is recieved in London - can't wait for the next steps...hoepfully all is good!
I was the same - I'm sure a lot are.

Fingers crossed you get a smooth process and hear back soon
Old May 30th 2011, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

I was the same - I'm sure a lot are.

Fingers crossed you get a smooth process and hear back soon
I see Lake Louise as one of your locations my hubby and I met in Banff 5 years ago!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.