Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 18th 2018, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Beardyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions re EE passport request etc.

Passport request came in today!

To confirm I don't need to submit an updated Appendix A with the passport photocopy and two (2) pictures, just upload that?

Also on the Appendix A I am putting my Sponsor but I don't send pics and her passport in do I?

Sorry just want to double check everything!

EDIT: Also Decision Made on ECAS.

Last edited by Beardyman; May 18th 2018 at 12:17 pm.
Old May 18th 2018, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by Beardyman
Passport request came in today!

To confirm I don't need to submit an updated Appendix A with the passport photocopy and two (2) pictures, just upload that?

Also on the Appendix A I am putting my Sponsor but I don't send pics and her passport in do I?

Sorry just want to double check everything!

EDIT: Also Decision Made on ECAS.
Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated.

Precisely what have they asked for? I am assuming they have ONLY asked for copy passport? If so, then if you have an upload slot on MyCIC, scan the passport bio pages and send those. Do not send anything you have not been asked to send. It is only the PA (Principal Applicant) that send the passport copy, they don't care about your Canadian sponsor.
Old May 18th 2018, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated.

Precisely what have they asked for? I am assuming they have ONLY asked for copy passport? If so, then if you have an upload slot on MyCIC, scan the passport bio pages and send those. Do not send anything you have not been asked to send. It is only the PA (Principal Applicant) that send the passport copy, they don't care about your Canadian sponsor.
Thank you!

I am really confused by this Appendix A malarkey.

I have uploaded two screen shots of the things.

Any and all help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London-screenshot_20180518-170426.png   Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London-screenshot_20180518-170441.png  
Old May 20th 2018, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Lewis. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada Spouse Visa: Uk applicant police certificate query

Hi, sorry if this has been answered before. I am a UK citizen about to apply for the outland Canadian spousal visa being sponsored by my Canadian wife. I understand I will need a police certificate from the UK. However, I also lived in Thailand for 2 years. I did get a police certificate before I left but it is dated a week before my departure stamp.
The below is from the guidance notes:
Police certificates
You (the principal applicant), and any family members 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police certificates from the following country or countries with your application:
  • The country where you (or they) currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more.and
  • The country where you (or they) have spent most of your (their) life since the age of 18.
That would suggest I only need the UK one however I have read it is any country that you have spent more than 6 months?

Basically 1. Do I need the Thai police certificate?
2. Will one I have dated a week before leaving be enough?

Thanks for any help!
Old May 20th 2018, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada Spouse Visa: Uk applicant police certificate query

Originally Posted by Lewis.
1. Do I need the Thai police certificate?
Yes. As you have already spotted, any country where you have spent six months or more.

Originally Posted by Lewis.
2. Will one I have dated a week before leaving be enough?

I would have thought that would be OK, but only one way to find out, send it in, they will ask if they want a new one.

For London Visa Office Outland processing timescales, see the tracking spreadsheet in my signature line. If you would like to participate and have your details added, just post your details on the thread below:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...2032/page1030/

and I will add you to the spreadsheet once you confirm your application has been received in Mississauga. Best of luck!

Oh, and have you spotted the wiki on outland spousal sponsorship here:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...lication_Forms

I found this invaluable when I applied for my wifes sponsorship.

Last edited by Hurlabrick; May 20th 2018 at 3:57 pm.
Old May 20th 2018, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

Lewis. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canada Spouse Visa: Uk applicant police certificate query

Thanks Hurlabrick, yeah I will definitely be taking part in the timescales thread it is a really good idea!
I have just read on the example CIC letter from the wiki help page where it states to disregard the blue text about needing one for somewhere you have lived for over 6 months. It does say if you have one anyway you can submit it to save time, so I guess I may as well do this and then hope the 7 day disparity is not an issue. Thanks again
Old May 20th 2018, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

KKaplanis is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Hello. Wanted to give an update on our application.

We sent off our application and it arrived on April 16th.

We just got our first correspondents today May 19th from CIC confirming they have received our application, and have started processing it on May 18th.

Hope for a smooth process for the rest of the journey.
Old May 21st 2018, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by KKaplanis
Hello. Wanted to give an update on our application.

We sent off our application and it arrived on April 16th.

We just got our first correspondents today May 19th from CIC confirming they have received our application, and have started processing it on May 18th.

Hope for a smooth process for the rest of the journey.
Thanks for the update - spreadsheet updated.
Old May 24th 2018, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Stuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond repute

Spreadsheet update -

Medical showing as passed as of today. Bizarrely, ECAS has been showing my PRAS application as “in process” since the day I managed to link my accounts, which, coincidentally, was the same day my AOR arrived. It has also been saying “we are reviewing whether or not you meet the eligibility requirements “ since then.
Old May 24th 2018, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stuart Adamson
Spreadsheet update -

Medical showing as passed as of today. Bizarrely, ECAS has been showing my PRAS application as “in process” since the day I managed to link my accounts, which, coincidentally, was the same day my AOR arrived. It has also been saying “we are reviewing whether or not you meet the eligibility requirements “ since then.
It inches along! Spreadsheet updated.
Old May 24th 2018, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

MyCiC shown as decision made and approved and got the approval letter message now just waiting for CoPR in post. Resignation put in to work. I'll be in Calgary in August, thank you for all your help and advice!!!
Old May 24th 2018, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beardyman
MyCiC shown as decision made and approved and got the approval letter message now just waiting for CoPR in post. Resignation put in to work. I'll be in Calgary in August, thank you for all your help and advice!!!
Congratulations! Calgary in August huh? Likely to be hot! Exciting times.
Old May 26th 2018, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Congratulations! Calgary in August huh? Likely to be hot! Exciting times.
I hope so before I get the snow! Also to conclude everything I got my CoPR in the post today.

Journey is concluded and again can't thank everyone here who helped enough. Especially with all the dumb questions of mine!
Old May 26th 2018, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Stuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Beardyman, hopefully not too far behind you - just been advised that mine will be processed in Mississauga so it shouldn’t take too long......
Old May 26th 2018, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Best of luck pal and I'm sure before you know it will be planning your move with COPR in hand!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.