Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 27th 2018, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

HockeyNightInCanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

ECAS changed to DM when I logged in just after lunchtime UK today. No other changes in GC Key, lines added in ECAS or emails received yet.
Old Jan 27th 2018, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HockeyNightInCanada
ECAS changed to DM when I logged in just after lunchtime UK today. No other changes in GC Key, lines added in ECAS or emails received yet.
Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated, please let us know when you get your PPR or CoPR....
Old Jan 27th 2018, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated, please let us know when you get your PPR or CoPR....
Thanks very much Hurlabrick. I will do. Hopefully it won't be too long, although I cannot really complain about the timeframe...we've been rather fortunate so far. Hopefully CPC-M will keep up this rate for everyone who has been retained there.
Old Jan 27th 2018, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much Hurlabrick. I will do. Hopefully it won't be too long, although I cannot really complain about the timeframe...we've been rather fortunate so far. Hopefully CPC-M will keep up this rate for everyone who has been retained there.
Awesome, congrats! We're just a couple weeks behind you. Saw on one of the other forums another approval for an application received day before yours with the same medial completion date as me so reaaaaalllly hoping our application is not too far behind (though I appreciate there's no guarantees haha)
Old Jan 27th 2018, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Awesome, congrats! We're just a couple weeks behind you. Saw on one of the other forums another approval for an application received day before yours with the same medial completion date as me so reaaaaalllly hoping our application is not too far behind (though I appreciate there's no guarantees haha)
Thanks. There are a couple that have come out of CPC-M today so it looks like they are getting through the list. Yours will be here soon enough I'm sure.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Good afternoon Hurlabrick, PPR email delivered to the PA today just after lunchtime UK. No changes in ECAS or GCKey. Can you kindly update the spreadsheet. Thanks again.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

avjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Good afternoon Hurlabrick, PPR email delivered to the PA today just after lunchtime UK. No changes in ECAS or GCKey. Can you kindly update the spreadsheet. Thanks again.
Wow nice timeline. I am not far off your date of submission however I think mine sat for awhile before processing started and it was sent to London so expecting a lot longer of a wait.
Congrats to you.

Oh and sorry what is AOR 2 (is that when SA is given?)
Old Jan 29th 2018, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

GeorgeCa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

ECAS changed to “decision made” and the lawyer just called my wife and said that the application was approved.
He asked for her passport and I think photos. Any idea why?
I thought that he would just forward the CORP to us…

Another question. My wife is pregnant so we will just land stay for a week and then come back to give birth.
The child will be British and because I was born outside Canada so it will be 2nd generation I do not think it can be registered as Canadian.
Do you know if I will have to go through that process again!?

Many Thanks,
George
Old Jan 29th 2018, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeorgeCa
Hi All,

ECAS changed to “decision made” and the lawyer just called my wife and said that the application was approved.
Because the next stage is the Passport Request and photos. Visa exempt citizens (eg UK) send a photocopy of passport, other citizenships have to send the actual document. Either way, physical photos get sent and stuck onto the CoPR, and often people have to physically mail the passport/photocopy because myCIC upload slot for that often doesn't appear.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers. Spreadsheet updated.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi All,

Another question. My wife is pregnant so we will just land stay for a week and then come back to give birth.
The child will be British and because I was born outside Canada so it will be 2nd generation I do not think it can be registered as Canadian.
Do you know if I will have to go through that process again!?

Many Thanks,
George
Congratulations, last lap now. Spreadsheet updated.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by avjoy
Wow nice timeline. I am not far off your date of submission however I think mine sat for awhile before processing started and it was sent to London so expecting a lot longer of a wait.
Congrats to you.

Oh and sorry what is AOR 2 (is that when SA is given?)
My understanding is that it is when your local VO has received your file and starts processing. You may receive a Sponsor approval email and another email stating that your file is being transferred to a local VO. In our case the message stated that we were going to be processed in CPC-M; seeing as they already had our file I assumed this to be the Acknowledgement Of Receipt 2.

Clear as mud?!
Old Jan 29th 2018, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

My understanding is that it is when your local VO has received your file and starts processing. You may receive a Sponsor approval email and another email stating that your file is being transferred to a local VO. In our case the message stated that we were going to be processed in CPC-M; seeing as they already had our file I assumed this to be the Acknowledgement Of Receipt 2.

Clear as mud?!
Pretty much that yes. It is the acknowledgement issued once you are sponsor approved when they transfer (or not) your pack to the local visa office.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

GeorgeCa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the quick reply Vulcanoid and Hurlabrick!
Vulcanoid, do you know how long this stage takes?

Many thanks,
George
Old Jan 29th 2018, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you for the quick reply Vulcanoid and Hurlabrick!
Vulcanoid, do you know how long this stage takes?

Many thanks,
George
You should be able to pick out some actually examples from the tracking spreadsheet in the link in my signature line. But in general, we would be talking 'weeks not months' from the date the VO receive your photos and PPR (maybe 2 - 4 weeks to CoPR)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.