Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 14th 2018, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

AshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Thank You.. and love the cake... Will cut a slice and have it with my cuppa tea...
Old Jan 16th 2018, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

avjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, A little update on mycic to say ''we started processing your application on Jan 15th 2018'' - last update before this was that it was being sent to London so is this just confirmation of the ''next stage'' - as in the longest wait? :-(
Old Jan 16th 2018, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avjoy
Hi, A little update on mycic to say ''we started processing your application on Jan 15th 2018'' - last update before this was that it was being sent to London so is this just confirmation of the ''next stage'' - as in the longest wait? :-(
Spreadsheet updated. A few weeks / couple of months yet I would guess....
Old Jan 17th 2018, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

gruffchris is an unknown quantity at this point

@hurlabrick

Please can you update the spreadsheet.

We got an email on the 16th Jan 18 to confirm that it is being processed in Mississauga.

Thanks.

I've been looking at the spreadsheet, are we not even passed stage 1 yet? Hope we can get everything sorted by june......

Last edited by gruffchris; Jan 17th 2018 at 4:19 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2018, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffchris
@hurlabrick

Please can you update the spreadsheet.

We got an email on the 16th Jan 18 to confirm that it is being processed in Mississauga.

Thanks.

I've been looking at the spreadsheet, are we not even passed stage 1 yet? Hope we can get everything sorted by june......
Spreadsheet updated.

You should get Sponsor Approval soon. Fingers crossed for you for June. I would say that was still possible (even likely), but I wouldn't want to bet the farm on it.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

olideans is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

Feeling very smug and relieved to say that my application for common law partner was approved yesterday, Jan 18th, without any hiccups.
Letting you know so you can update the spreadsheet.

I have to activate my visa before I actually move there, as my partner and I are going travelling before moving. Does anyone have any advice about what I should know when I arrive in the airport?
More specifically:
Should I take something like proof of the holiday flights and/or my current work contract?
Does it matter if I travel without my partner?
Can I activate the application for my Visa card when I'm in Canada and have it sent to my in-laws in Manitoba, then they send it on to me in the UK?
Anything else I should know?
Old Jan 19th 2018, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olideans
I have to activate my visa before I actually move there, as my partner and I are going travelling before moving. Does anyone have any advice about what I should know when I arrive in the airport?
More specifically:
Should I take something like proof of the holiday flights and/or my current work contract?
Does it matter if I travel without my partner?
Can I activate the application for my Visa card when I'm in Canada and have it sent to my in-laws in Manitoba, then they send it on to me in the UK?
Anything else I should know?
Presumably when you say 'activate your visa' you mean 'land as a Permanent Resident'? If so, you're talking about a 'soft landing', where people arrive within the COPR deadline, but don't immediately actually settle in Canada.

You don't need any proof of leaving, or ties elsewhere - that's the point of being a PR, you don't have to show visitor intent anymore, your intent is meant to be living there

You can land without your partner. They might ask where they are, you will be asked if it's ongoing (you'll be asked to verify the info on the COPR - eg 'ever been arrested? ever been asked to leave Canada or anywhere else? what's your r/s status?')

If by 'application for visa card' you mean your PR card, then yes, you can give them an address in MB, they'll send it there. If you flag with them that you're not landing as a settler, they might refuse to do this, and insist that you travel on a PR Travel Document/cross the land border, then get the PR card once you've settled (they don't like making PR cards for people outside Canada). If by 'application for visa card' you mean getting a Canadian credit card, it depends if you can pass their background & credit checks, a bank may offer you a secured card if you leave them with a chunk of money.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

olideans is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
You can land without your partner. They might ask where they are, you will be asked if it's ongoing (you'll be asked to verify the info on the COPR - eg 'ever been arrested? ever been asked to leave Canada or anywhere else? what's your r/s status?')

If you flag with them that you're not landing as a settler, they might refuse to do this, and insist that you travel on a PR Travel Document/cross the land border, then get the PR card once you've settled (they don't like making PR cards for people outside Canada).
Hi, yes, I meant soft landing and PR card. I've been out of the game a bit waiting for the application to be processed, and I've forgotten all the lingo.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. A couple of questions about this:
Any ball-park idea how long it takes with immigration on landing? I ask because I have a connecting flight and I understand you have to go through the process at the first airport you land in. So I just need to work out if I need a longer gap between flights to allow for a long grilling.

Thanks again.
Oli Deans
Old Jan 19th 2018, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by olideans
Hi, yes, I meant soft landing and PR card. I've been out of the game a bit waiting for the application to be processed, and I've forgotten all the lingo.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. A couple of questions about this:
Any ball-park idea how long it takes with immigration on landing? I ask because I have a connecting flight and I understand you have to go through the process at the first airport you land in. So I just need to work out if I need a longer gap between flights to allow for a long grilling.

Thanks again.
Oli Deans
Have you read the wiki on it here:

[URL="http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada"]

Yes, you must activate at the first airport in Canada. It takes no more than and extra 15 minutes (over and above the time it would take if you were just a normal tourist), BUT that does not include the time in the queue if there are others in front of you. Also depends on which airport as to how busy they are etc. We landed in Ottawa and were second in a very short line, Toronto and Vancouver will be much busier and can take a couple of hours.

You wont be 'grilled', you will answer three questions and watch the top of the head of the CBSA officer as they tap merrily away on the computer!

Spreadsheet updated.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Brooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really nice

Hi

For purposes of tracking - I received the request for police certificate and background check today (19th Jan). I sent it straight away using IRCC Webform.

On that same note - I created an online account on the Government website. However, when I try to find my application to link, it says cannot find an application matching those details (I tried 4 times with the correct details).

Any ideas? Do you normally have to wait a few days for it to find it?
Old Jan 19th 2018, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

gruffchris is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally managed to link my account, once i messaged CIC it was linked in a day. The email they send has a different link than the account sign in one, so i got a step by step, the town was wrong or something.

@hurlabrick
I have passed my medical exam, but there's no date but it seems it was before they uploaded a form they received on the 8th dec.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Brooks52
Hi

For purposes of tracking - I received the request for police certificate and background check today (19th Jan). I sent it straight away using IRCC Webform.

On that same note - I created an online account on the Government website. However, when I try to find my application to link, it says cannot find an application matching those details (I tried 4 times with the correct details).

Any ideas? Do you normally have to wait a few days for it to find it?
Have you seen the wiki article on MyCIC and how to link? Not a guarantee of success, but it worked for me after 22 failures!

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - New Application Forms : British Expat Wiki

Spreadsheet updated.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gruffchris
Finally managed to link my account, once i messaged CIC it was linked in a day. The email they send has a different link than the account sign in one, so i got a step by step, the town was wrong or something.

@hurlabrick
I have passed my medical exam, but there's no date but it seems it was before they uploaded a form they received on the 8th dec.
Cheers - spreadsheet updated.
Old Jan 20th 2018, 1:16 pm
PottsyJ

Joepottinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

We have put in our common law application inland to Mississauga and it was received yesterday there. I wasn't sure if any inland applications go on any spreadsheet but if so our application can be added to it or I can add it if somebody could help me out on how to post it.

Thanks
Old Jan 20th 2018, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Joepottinger
Hi all,

We have put in our common law application inland to Mississauga and it was received yesterday there. I wasn't sure if any inland applications go on any spreadsheet but if so our application can be added to it or I can add it if somebody could help me out on how to post it.

Thanks
No sorry. The spreadsheet is for tracking applications that you would expect to be processed by the London Visa Office (so not inland as these go to Ottawa).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.