Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 29th 2017, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by EngCan
Thanks Hurlabrick. Yes I was there on a 12 month working holiday visa and spent 7 months travelling around. I wouldn't say I was a resident but whether the visa people agree is the important thing!
I don't know how you'd argue you weren't a "resident" of somewhere you lived for 12 months?

Bear in mind that from Canada's perspective, someone on an overnight visit is a "temporary resident".
Old Dec 30th 2017, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

In my opinion you need to get the driving history for the application if you drove in Queensland or Victoria or at least try to do so.

Last edited by Snowy560; Dec 30th 2017 at 12:25 am.
Old Dec 30th 2017, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

MelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Agreed! There's also the option to go to the local inland office to get it stamped. If you look for a post by beckiwoo, she had to do this. (If I find it, I'll post the link)

edited: Found it - http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...anding-880474/
Thanks Vulcanoid and Siouxie. Is it relevant that on this trip I've in effect only "flagpoled"?

The other difference with me is that when I establish my permanent residence in Canada it will be with a Canadian citizen returning. We won't be bringing that much with us I suspect and probably the only things of value will be our (used) computing devices and +1's posh road bike (but I suspect the return to Canada will be used as an excuse to buy a new and posher one in Canada). As I understand things, Canadian +1 can import duty free the meagre household kit we'll be importing, when he lands in Canada to permanently return.
Old Dec 31st 2017, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

harryg7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Our spousal sponsorship (Common Law) application was received in Mississauga on November 8th. In-land application from Ottawa.

Still haven't heard anything back ...

Thanks

Harry
Old Dec 31st 2017, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Tototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond repute

Still no update on our application. Our 1 year is coming up! January 20th was when we submitted and haven't heard anything since Sponsor Approval back in February =(
Old Dec 31st 2017, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tototoro
Still no update on our application. Our 1 year is coming up! January 20th was when we submitted and haven't heard anything since Sponsor Approval back in February =(
Hmmmm..... I would be ordering case notes if I were you for those timescales.

See here: Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - New Application Forms : British Expat Wiki
Old Dec 31st 2017, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Tototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Hmmmm..... I would be ordering case notes if I were you for those timescales.

See here: Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - New Application Forms : British Expat Wiki
How do I go about doing that?
Old Dec 31st 2017, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

How do I go about doing that?
Click on the link I posted and read that.
Old Dec 31st 2017, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Click on the link I posted and read that.
Wow sorry, I completely ignored that. I thought it was part of your signature
Old Dec 31st 2017, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

I am still within the time frame though right? Since the website still says any application sent after Dec.6, 2016 should be 12 months?
Old Dec 31st 2017, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am still within the time frame though right? Since the website still says any application sent after Dec.6, 2016 should be 12 months?
There is no CIC time limit, you can order case notes whenever and as often as you like. The timescale mentioned was a suggestion on the basis that most applications are approved within 9 to 12 months.
Old Dec 31st 2017, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

There is no CIC time limit, you can order case notes whenever and as often as you like. The timescale mentioned was a suggestion on the basis that most applications are approved within 9 to 12 months.
Thank you! I would've thought they would have got in touch with me if anything was outstanding etc....Our application was so straight forward too
Old Dec 31st 2017, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

I would've thought they would have got in touch with me if anything was outstanding etc....
Maybe they think they have! It is sadly too common for their emails or MyCIC to fail to arrive, you certainly wouldn't be the first.

It may not be anything outstanding, but at least your case note should indicate where they are in the process and provide good 'ammo' for you to escalate to your Canadian MP if needs be.
Old Dec 31st 2017, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Maybe they think they have! It is sadly too common for their emails or MyCIC to fail to arrive, you certainly wouldn't be the first.

It may not be anything outstanding, but at least your case note should indicate where they are in the process and provide good 'ammo' for you to escalate to your Canadian MP if needs be.
I've also sent a case specific inquiry earlier as well
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

harryg7 is an unknown quantity at this point

AOR received and application linked on 2nd January 2018. Application received by CIC November 8th.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.