Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 22nd 2017, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by sunshinedust
COPR arrived in the post today (21st), we'll be popping over to the border after Christmas to flagpole and bring the waiting to an end.
Thanks. Spreadsheet updated.

Congratulations, feels good!!
Old Dec 23rd 2017, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Katrinalee123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
Here is my timeline and process for my spousal visa application/visa return. I did a standard service in Canada.

In summary, I escalated my application 3x, was not provided with any info on the delays. Application submitted on Aug.10.2017 in Edmonton and received my docs and visa on Dec.13.2017.

On a side note - All of all those reading this are aware it is such a frustrating process, especially with paying for escalations and not being provided with any significant info regarding delays and then spending time questing everything and being paranoid your application wasn’t significant. Not sure if my escalations and being a “squeeky wheel” made much of a difference, or if the timeline just was a coincidence. I hope some of the below helps.

My experience:

- Submitted visa docs/biometrics in person at Edmonton, AB on August.10th.2017

- Escalated application on Oct.28th through online email inquiry; received response to my email escalation on Nov.1st saying a decision has been made on my visa and I would be contacted soon.

- Escalated application again via phone on Nov.26, response said a decision was made (deja vu) and that it was going through entry clearance team.

-Escalated once again via email on Dec.2nd. Response said be patient and wait another 20 Business days before re-escalating.

- UK visas emailed me on Dec. 9th saying my docs/application had been sent back to me (was provided with DHL tracking), received my Visa on Dec.13.2017.

Last edited by Katrinalee123; Dec 23rd 2017 at 11:41 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2017, 12:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katrinalee123
In summary, I escalated my application 3x, was not provided with any info on the delays. Application submitted on Aug.10.2017 in Edmonton and received my docs and visa on Dec.13.2017.
Gosh, that's quick. What was the delay? It seems much quicker than usual to me!

Congrats and welcome to BE.
Old Dec 23rd 2017, 3:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Gosh, that's quick. What was the delay? It seems much quicker than usual to me!

Congrats and welcome to BE.
Doh - just re-read your post, couldn't understand the escalations mentioned or having to pay for them (something that's not possible for Canadian spousal visas).

I think you're maybe talking about an application for a UK spousal visa? If so I'll move your post to the correct place.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndAttractive is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Please update the spreadsheet - medical passed 11 December 2017

Review of eligibility is now 'in progress', but there's nothing to say when that changed, but suspect it was some time early December.

Regards

SnA
Old Dec 28th 2017, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShinyAndAttractive
Hi

Please update the spreadsheet - medical passed 11 December 2017

Review of eligibility is now 'in progress', but there's nothing to say when that changed, but suspect it was some time early December.

Regards

SnA
Thanks for that. Spreadsheet updated.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

EngCan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Update for the spreadsheet and a question please!

Today I have had a request for a Police Certificate for Australia (having done some travelling there) and background checks now showing as in progress.

Website seems to say that in addition to the certificate I need to provide some sort of driving licence history reports if I have been a resident there......but gives no definition of what a resident is.......any ideas?
Old Dec 28th 2017, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EngCan
Today I have had a request for a Police Certificate for Australia (having done some travelling there) and background checks now showing as in progress.
Cheers. Spreadsheet updated.

Originally Posted by EngCan
Website seems to say that in addition to the certificate I need to provide some sort of driving licence history reports if I have been a resident there......but gives no definition of what a resident is.......any ideas?
I don't know for certain, but you say you were travelling there? I assume you didn't convert your UK licence to AUS? If you were only on extended 'walkabout' as a visitor, then I would not think you would be 'resident'. I would explain this and that (if true) you used your UK driving licence etc. so the question / requirement does not seem to apply.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

So 1st question have you spent more than 6 months in OZ bearing in mind the 6 months is not always consecutive as per the example above.

From the website link
If you live outside of Australia:

You must apply for an Australian Federal Police National Police Check (NPC) Application Form, which can be obtained at:

Criminal Records – National Police Check
Australian Federal Police
Locked Bag 8550
Canberra City ACT 2601
Australia
Telephone from Australia: (02) 6202-3333
Telephone from elsewhere: +61 2 6202-3333

IMPORTANT: When filling out the Australian Federal Police National Police Check (NPC) Application Form, enter Code Number 35 in section 8 (Purpose of Check).

IMPORTANT: If you have lived in Queensland and/or Victoria, please also refer to Special notes and considerations for additional requirements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...australia.html
Old Dec 28th 2017, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

MelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

I quick update from me: I landed at YVR on 23 December. Landing was very straightforward. I went through passport check in the usual way, and was instructed to collect my luggage, and then go to the large immigration office. A friendly immigration official processed my landing in about 5 minutes. She did not ask for any goods accompanying / goods to follow documents, and neither did the customs folks on exit.

Thanks again to all the good folk here who helped with my questions!

Happy New Year to all.

Cheers
MelVan
Old Dec 28th 2017, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MelVan

I quick update from me: I landed at YVR on 23 December. Landing was very straightforward. I went through passport check in the usual way, and was instructed to collect my luggage, and then go to the large immigration office. A friendly immigration official processed my landing in about 5 minutes. She did not ask for any goods accompanying / goods to follow documents, and neither did the customs folks on exit.
Congrats My identical experience at YVR in July - http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...-forms-899091/. If you have things you want to bring in the future duty free suggest you pop over to your nearest international airport/land border fairly soon to hand them over while it's still "I recently landed & they didn't do it right", before it becomes "I landed a while back & want to bring things in tax free".
Old Dec 28th 2017, 11:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
Congrats My identical experience at YVR in July - http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...-forms-899091/. If you have things you want to bring in the future duty free suggest you pop over to your nearest international airport/land border fairly soon to hand them over while it's still "I recently landed & they didn't do it right", before it becomes "I landed a while back & want to bring things in tax free".
Agreed! There's also the option to go to the local inland office to get it stamped. If you look for a post by beckiwoo, she had to do this. (If I find it, I'll post the link)

edited: Found it - http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...anding-880474/
Old Dec 29th 2017, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

ShinyAndAttractive is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Thanks for that. Spreadsheet updated.
Many Thanks.
Old Dec 29th 2017, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

So 1st question have you spent more than 6 months in OZ bearing in mind the 6 months is not always consecutive as per the example above.

From the website link
If you live outside of Australia:

You must apply for an Australian Federal Police National Police Check (NPC) Application Form, which can be obtained at:

Criminal Records – National Police Check
Australian Federal Police
Locked Bag 8550
Canberra City ACT 2601
Australia
Telephone from Australia: (02) 6202-3333
Telephone from elsewhere: +61 2 6202-3333

IMPORTANT: When filling out the Australian Federal Police National Police Check (NPC) Application Form, enter Code Number 35 in section 8 (Purpose of Check).

IMPORTANT: If you have lived in Queensland and/or Victoria, please also refer to Special notes and considerations for additional requirements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...australia.html

Hi, yes I was there for over 6 months traveling. I know I need to get the police certificate but the question was on the traffic / licence history part which it says is required for residents of Victoria and Queensland - and therefore what constitutes a resident
Old Dec 29th 2017, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Cheers. Spreadsheet updated.

I don't know for certain, but you say you were travelling there? I assume you didn't convert your UK licence to AUS? If you were only on extended 'walkabout' as a visitor, then I would not think you would be 'resident'. I would explain this and that (if true) you used your UK driving licence etc. so the question / requirement does not seem to apply.
Thanks Hurlabrick. Yes I was there on a 12 month working holiday visa and spent 7 months travelling around. I wouldn't say I was a resident but whether the visa people agree is the important thing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.