Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 19th 2017, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

ShinyAndAttractive is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Spreadsheet updated
Many Thanks.

SnA
Old Nov 20th 2017, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

avjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Hi, my application was received on the 26th September (text message service confirmed) but I have not received AOR as of yet. Looking at other September applications on the spreadsheet and everyone has received some correspondence regarding their application. I have emailed but no response. I have tried to ring (using number ni the FAQ) but after going through many options I am always told at the end that there are no agents available to take my call. Any advice. Just keep waiting or is there any other way to try and trace and get AOR
Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 20th 2017, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Spreadsheet updated
Hi

Another update, please - received an email today to say that we now have Sponsor Approval!

(another Yay!)

Regards

SnA
Old Nov 21st 2017, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

avjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avjoy
Hi, my application was received on the 26th September (text message service confirmed) but I have not received AOR as of yet. Looking at other September applications on the spreadsheet and everyone has received some correspondence regarding their application. I have emailed but no response. I have tried to ring (using number ni the FAQ) but after going through many options I am always told at the end that there are no agents available to take my call. Any advice. Just keep waiting or is there any other way to try and trace and get AOR
Thanks in advance!
Just on update on this - I finally got through on the number and spoke to an agent (took 56 minutes of hold time). She confirmed they are processing applications received in Mississagua on October 03rd. She could not tell me why mine (even though she confirmed mine was received on September 26th) had not been processed or passed onto next stage. Even though I am the applicant I did manage to get my application number from her. It starts in XF and she explained that the ''X'' just means it was received but not passed onto any stage yet. Unlike others who called (and received AOR or were able to link their account shortly after), this has not yet happened in my case.

I have some questions on linking my account (and I have read through the wiki article but please bare with me).

I created a GCkey account using my details (GCKEY is the new ECAS??).

1. Do i have to get the sponsor to do the same?

2. Now that I have the application number I figured I could link it but I cannot. Do I use the sponsors details to do this, or mine as the applicant? Or each of us should have an account?

3. I read some recent threads where others were referring to two accounts (sponsor and applicant) so I am a bit confused (sorry I know it should be simple) but can anyone give me a step by step on how this should work?
Old Nov 21st 2017, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

The PA creates the MyCIC account, firstly by registering a GCKey account.

This is completely separate to ECAS (which still operates).

To link the PR application to the MyCIC account, the PA needs to provide various pieces of information.

From what I have seen, the one that causes problems is the reuqest to confirm the number of people in the application.

My understanding is that this (although not obvious) should include the sponsor thus, I our case last week, the PA entered '2' even though she is the only one applying for PR - application was linked to account on the first attempt.

Hope this helps.

SnA
Old Nov 21st 2017, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Mali167 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a British citizen. I am going to be applying for my wife who is in Pakistan and I heard that if you pay an extra fee of around £300, you can get a decision within 3 weeks rather than 12 weeks. Is it true? Could someone help me with that please. Thanks.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 12:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mali167
I am a British citizen. I am going to be applying for my wife who is in Pakistan and I heard that if you pay an extra fee of around £300, you can get a decision within 3 weeks rather than 12 weeks. Is it true? Could someone help me with that please. Thanks.
No, it's not true, sorry.

Welcome to BE and good luck with your application.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Just on update on this - I finally got through on the number and spoke to an agent (took 56 minutes of hold time). She confirmed they are processing applications received in Mississagua on October 03rd. She could not tell me why mine (even though she confirmed mine was received on September 26th) had not been processed or passed onto next stage. Even though I am the applicant I did manage to get my application number from her. It starts in XF and she explained that the ''X'' just means it was received but not passed onto any stage yet. Unlike others who called (and received AOR or were able to link their account shortly after), this has not yet happened in my case.

I have some questions on linking my account (and I have read through the wiki article but please bare with me).

I created a GCkey account using my details (GCKEY is the new ECAS??).

1. Do i have to get the sponsor to do the same?

2. Now that I have the application number I figured I could link it but I cannot. Do I use the sponsors details to do this, or mine as the applicant? Or each of us should have an account?

3. I read some recent threads where others were referring to two accounts (sponsor and applicant) so I am a bit confused (sorry I know it should be simple) but can anyone give me a step by step on how this should work?
Either or both of you can sign up to MyCIC.

MyCIC / GCKEY is intended to replace the earlier ECAS. but both are running side by side.

As regards linking, have you seen the article in wiki about precisely this. Suggest you have a read here:

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - New Application Forms : British Expat Wiki
Old Nov 21st 2017, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShinyAndAttractive
Hi

Another update, please - received an email today to say that we now have Sponsor Approval!

(another Yay!)

Regards

SnA
Congrats! Spreadsheet updated.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ShinyAndAttractive
The PA creates the MyCIC account, firstly by registering a GCKey account.

This is completely separate to ECAS (which still operates).

To link the PR application to the MyCIC account, the PA needs to provide various pieces of information.

From what I have seen, the one that causes problems is the reuqest to confirm the number of people in the application.

My understanding is that this (although not obvious) should include the sponsor thus, I our case last week, the PA entered '2' even though she is the only one applying for PR - application was linked to account on the first attempt.

Hope this helps.

SnA

Thanks for responding.
So is the MyCIC account the GCkey one or do I register for MyCIC as well as GCkey (will definitely try ''2'' as on all other attempts I was entering ''1''
Old Nov 21st 2017, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Either or both of you can sign up to MyCIC.

MyCIC / GCKEY is intended to replace the earlier ECAS. but both are running side by side.

As regards linking, have you seen the article in wiki about precisely this. Suggest you have a read here:

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - New Application Forms : British Expat Wiki
Hi, Yes I read the article on linking so hopefully I will be able to do this now that I have a application number. My confusion was with the different between MyCIC (correct in understanding this is just GCKey) and ECAS (which I don't know how to sign up to!)
Old Nov 21st 2017, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi, Yes I read the article on linking so hopefully I will be able to do this now that I have a application number. My confusion was with the different between MyCIC (correct in understanding this is just GCKey) and ECAS (which I don't know how to sign up to!)
Yes, 'MyCIC' and 'GCKEY' are one and the same.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Emily1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Applied for PR via the spousal family class. I'm a British Citizen, my husband is Canadian.

Sent the package from London to Mississuaga on Wed 11th Oct 2017
Package arrived: Mon 16th Oct 2017

Will update when we hear more...
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 1:43 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emily1987
Applied for PR via the spousal family class. I'm a British Citizen, my husband is Canadian.

Sent the package from London to Mississuaga on Wed 11th Oct 2017
Package arrived: Mon 16th Oct 2017

Will update when we hear more...

Just need to know where the PA is living and we will get you added in!
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Emily1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you

We are currently living in London, UK.

How come some have sent to be processed in London? I didn't know this was an option and we sent ours to Mississuaga.

Ok to ask some questions regarding the next form IMM5669E - Schedule A Background?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.