Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 2nd 2012, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Deficient
Just noticed you updated with this. As far as I know your medical never goes to Mississauga (not sure exactly where it goes, I've read Ottawa initially and then on to the local visa office?) so I imagine an app could be sitting literally unopened in Mississauga while the medical is already elsewhere in the world being looked at in detail.

Seemingly it is much later in the game that they match them up, when the app is transferred to the local visa office. I guess they must use that one page the DMP gives you for your application to match them up.

SchnookoLoly - I did my medicals 10th February. I think as far as this little part of the process is concerned, no news is good news? It seems like you don't hear anything unless they have reason to contact you...
oh, thats very strange, I had no idea they sent it off before hand. Kind of seems like a messy way of doing it but whatever works for them! This would make sense as well because I imagine you would of received contact through email if they had your app info. I did my medical way back in Nov so am assuming having heard nothing all is well!
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianTash is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG!! I'm in shock, I just checked CIC website after a few days of leaving it and it is Decision Made for COPR!!!! Hopefully it is positive. I feel sick with excitement.

A question though, when COPR comes does it need signed for or is it just dropped off through the letter box??
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really nice

Originally Posted by CanadianTash
OMG!! I'm in shock, I just checked CIC website after a few days of leaving it and it is Decision Made for COPR!!!! Hopefully it is positive. I feel sick with excitement.

A question though, when COPR comes does it need signed for or is it just dropped off through the letter box??
The COPR is sent by recorded delivery so must be signed for. Congrats
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by yzf.shaun
The COPR is sent by recorded delivery so must be signed for. Congrats
Thanks yzf.shaun, we are away right now but thankfully with Easter this weekend we will probably be back before it comes, then it's planning the trip to activate it! Congrats on yours as well ( a bit late)
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really nice

You may have a surprise. In my case the system was updated Friday and it was delivered Saturday. They currently seem to be moving very swiftly at London.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

They currently seem to be moving very swiftly at London.
Love that sentence, thank you!

Congrats CanadianTash btw Must feel amazing not having the stress hang over you any more!
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

lozzyblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deficient
The medicals go to London before the rest of the app (apparently it all gets married up later when the file gets transferred from Mississauga to London?) so they look at the medicals pretty early it seems. I recall another user here saying they got a request for further med info before they got their sponsor approval.

I reckon I've easily got 40+ days before I hear anything from Mississauga...
Yes - we had a request for further medical info before our sponsorship was approved... It seems as though the DMP filled something in incorrectly or forgot to include something as we haven't heard anything else since and didn't need to complete any additional tests or anything... hoping no news is good news!
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Congratulations!! I am going to have to check mine now... *trying to stay realistic that we are at least 3 weeks behind you....*
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

You may have a surprise. In my case the system was updated Friday and it was delivered Saturday. They currently seem to be moving very swiftly at London.
Oh right we'll I guess it will be waiting at the post office then when we get back.

Has anyone on here heard of anyone getting denied Copr after Decision Made? I can't see any reason for it but just one of those things in the back of my mind! Lol

Thanks Conjonway, it is nice to think that the waiting game is over, now it's just the stress of packing up everything thankfully I have a year or so to do that!
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone on here heard of anyone getting denied Copr after Decision Made? I can't see any reason for it but just one of those things in the back of my mind! Lol
I think this is a question that pops up almost anytime someone sees Decision Made on ECAS haha. And as far as I've seen nobody has been denied at that stage.

I did read somewhere that it's incredibly difficult for CIC to deny a spousal application because there are human rights laws protecting the right to a family life. Therefore I imagine the only problem they would find with a legitimate relationship would be missing information, and they would certainly get in touch with you if this was the case rather than dismissing outright.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

BritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the rough

We sent our application off to Mississauga end of February, it took a week as the envelope went missing thanks to Canada Post but it finally showed as "successfully delivered".

Is the only way to know if the package has been received by the delivery confirmation notice from the delivery agent? I checked on the ecas website and used my online receipt number for my $75 payment but it does not come up with anything.

Just curious what the sponsor portion of the application timeline currently is?

Just worried because of the actual courier/delivery problems we had which was rather stressful.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lozzyblue
Congratulations!! I am going to have to check mine now... *trying to stay realistic that we are at least 3 weeks behind you....*
Thanks lozzyblue, I'd say you were next or very close you are only about a week behind me or so, aren't you?
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by conjonway
I think this is a question that pops up almost anytime someone sees Decision Made on ECAS haha. And as far as I've seen nobody has been denied at that stage.

I did read somewhere that it's incredibly difficult for CIC to deny a spousal application because there are human rights laws protecting the right to a family life. Therefore I imagine the only problem they would find with a legitimate relationship would be missing information, and they would certainly get in touch with you if this was the case rather than dismissing outright.

I know I've seen it asked but for some reason I couldn't find it when I was just looking! Typical haha! I assumed that if there was anything needed or they had questions they would ask instead of denying, just puts my minds at ease knowing my logic is what others think! Thanks again.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks lozzyblue, I'd say you were next or very close you are only about a week behind me or so, aren't you?
2 weeks!
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lozzyblue
2 weeks!
I think it's probably closer to a week - I figure that when the app is sent to London it starts a completely different queue, so it's not dependent on when it was received in Mississauga but when it was sent to London (i.e. Sponsor Approved)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.