Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 18th 2012, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by CanAngel
I am very excited to start the waiting game
Oh boy, that surely won't last! I'm only three weeks in and I'm already over it. I just want progress!!!

I'm reluctant to start wishing away the time though as I kind of need it all to get my stuff in order...
Old Mar 18th 2012, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Ah I hadn't realised it had changed - good to know. Either way, one should be able to purchase one-way flights through Air Transat / Canadian Affair. Thanks for the info in any case, will be useful next year when we make our move!!

Have been obsessively checking email, including spam folders... today is day 53 of our application being at CPC-M, and their website says they're working on applications received January 25th... so really, really hoping to hear something soon! Fiance's birthday is on Thursday, perhaps CPC-M will see that and decide to give us some good news as a birthday gift?
Yes......They kept it very quiet!!!!!! Having Thomas Cook as a partner brand was very good for Canadian Affair as it was the airline most people requested when contacting them!!
Old Mar 18th 2012, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

CanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Deficient
Oh boy, that surely won't last! I'm only three weeks in and I'm already over it. I just want progress!!!
Well I think it will last for a little while, it is just very exciting for us to officially start the waiting game. We had been waiting for what seems to be a long while... See we're both on a second marriage, but to get there, he had to finalize his divorce as he was separated when we met. His ex wanted to do the divorce on her terms, so we had a good long waiting game until we could get married. Had to change our date twice too! I had been working on the "final" application for 6 months when we finally tied the know at the end of February...

So you see, it IS exciting to enter the waiting game

Last edited by CanAngel; Mar 18th 2012 at 5:35 pm. Reason: oops, realized I was replying to the wrong poster :LOL:
Old Mar 18th 2012, 5:42 pm
Stress Junkie

martyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst.
Yesterday the CIC website said working on applications received 3rd Jan and mine was received 13th January.

Ok, call me stupid.....(oh alright, go on then) but how do you check that? I have had a look and am burgered if I can find a link. Would someone be kind enough to post it here so I may have a look myself?
Thanks.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

CanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of light

I'm reluctant to start wishing away the time though as I kind of need it all to get my stuff in order...
I know what you are saying with wishing the time away... My husband and I met through work, while we both lived on different continents. Trying to figure things out and how much we really loved each other, enough to uproot one of us, while thousands of miles apart was not easy. We are lucky that we could afford trips to either side of the ocean every 6 weeks or so, and believe me, I wished the time away during the 6 weeks
Old Mar 18th 2012, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by martyjay
Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst.
Yesterday the CIC website said working on applications received 3rd Jan and mine was received 13th January.

Ok, call me stupid.....(oh alright, go on then) but how do you check that? I have had a look and am burgered if I can find a link. Would someone be kind enough to post it here so I may have a look myself?
Thanks.
You can find that info when looking up appliction processing time:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...es/perm-fc.asp
Old Mar 18th 2012, 5:58 pm
Stress Junkie

martyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud of

You can find that info when looking up appliction processing time:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...es/perm-fc.asp
Oh ffs. What a Richard......
Old Mar 18th 2012, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Oh ffs. What a Richard......
Who's Richard? I am the canadian sponsor, not too familiar with the brit references
Old Mar 18th 2012, 6:20 pm
Stress Junkie

Who's Richard? I am the canadian sponsor, not too familiar with the brit references
Ok. A shorter version of Richard is Dick.......

Lol.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Ok. A shorter version of Richard is Dick.......

Lol.
OK Now I'm the Richard Might I add that english is my second language, but I really did know that
Old Mar 18th 2012, 6:42 pm
Stress Junkie

OK Now I'm the Richard Might I add that english is my second language, but I really did know that
See, you learn something new every day.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

peng is an unknown quantity at this point

Decision Made!! March 19th!!!

I check ECAS this morning and Decision Made.

Here is what ECAS said.

"We received your application for permanent residence on November 9, 2011.
We started processing your application on March 16, 2012.

[ Note there was no change on ECAS on Friday or over the weeekend ]
:
Medical results have been received.

[ Note: It said that when it first got to London in Janaury ]

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision".

Now i just have to stop the dog eating the letter when it arrives! and I will have COPR

So it was two months and a weekend in London until Decision made!

Common Shudda lets finish this together!
Old Mar 19th 2012, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

CanadianTash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peng

Here is what ECAS said.

:

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision".

Now i just have to stop the dog eating the letter when it arrives! and I will have COPR

YAY!!! Congrats Peng, glad someone else has got some news.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peng

Here is what ECAS said.

:

That is awesome news Peng. Congrats!!!!!!!!!! Shudda, you are next!!!!
Old Mar 19th 2012, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Right, good point, use this waiting time to get your things in order. I kept saying that to my husband, and although he has his COPR, he is not coming till May because he still has things to get organized! The waiting I am sure is easier if you keep yourself busy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.