Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 8th 2012, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Sure, from 01/10/10 to 31/09/11 Worldwide there were 31,213 sponsorships received for spouses and children. 5,494 refused and 2,039 withdrawn.

Mostly marriages of convenience or sponsor married prior to "landing" and spouse wasn't examined.
At what stage do they check the authenticity of the marriage? Just out of curiousty really.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Aperture is on a distinguished road

PROOOOGREEEEESSSSS! Or so I hope. Just checked eCAS this morning and it says:

We received PARTNER'S application for permanent residence on July 25, 2011.

We started processing PARTNER'S application on January 4, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on PARTNER'S application. The office will contact PARTNER concerning this decision.

Squee! Please, please, please let us get an e-mail SOON. I hope this is a good sign.

Others who have received PPR, how long after this update on eCAS did you get your PPR?

Best. Monday. EVER.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aperture

A decision has been made on PARTNER'S application. The office will contact PARTNER concerning this decision.

Squee! Please, please, please let us get an e-mail SOON. I hope this is a good sign.

Others who have received PPR, how long after this update on eCAS did you get your PPR?

Best. Monday. EVER.
Great news Aperture, I know you've been waiting a while. Finally seems like London has got moving again - there was really nothing for the whole month of December it seemed. Fingers crossed it is only a matter of days for you - perhaps a letter is already on its way to you?
Old Jan 9th 2012, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Aperture is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
Great news Aperture, I know you've been waiting a while. Finally seems like London has got moving again - there was really nothing for the whole month of December it seemed. Fingers crossed it is only a matter of days for you - perhaps a letter is already on its way to you?
Thanks! The wait has certainly been stressful--so nice to know we're in the home stretch. (And, yeah, it does seem like the London VO all but completely shut down in December.)

I do hope we'll get an e-mail soon.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks! The wait has certainly been stressful--so nice to know we're in the home stretch. (And, yeah, it does seem like the London VO all but completely shut down in December.)

I do hope we'll get an e-mail soon.
That is awesome news. I am very happy for you both. I hope January brings good news to many of us on here.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

CanuckColleen1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

Could I be added to the spreadsheet please? Application sent 4th January, signed for 5th of January... and that's it! I guess months to wait for any more news, if the forum is anything to go by! Hopefully it will be a simple one that gets through without any added hassle!

Cheers everyone!
Old Jan 9th 2012, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

Best. Monday. EVER.
How exciting, thank goodness things are moving again
Old Jan 9th 2012, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CanuckColleen1972
Could I be added to the spreadsheet please? Application sent 4th January, signed for 5th of January... and that's it! I guess months to wait for any more news, if the forum is anything to go by! Hopefully it will be a simple one that gets through without any added hassle!

Cheers everyone!
Someone called "pinklady" at CanadaVisa.com adds you to the spreadsheet so you need to contact her on that website
Old Jan 9th 2012, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Becks 7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I ask how people are checking their progress online? We've been checking with my sponsor's details and had the messages about being received and approved. Is that the same page that will eventually show details about myself (the applicant)?
Old Jan 9th 2012, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Becks 7
Can I ask how people are checking their progress online? We've been checking with my sponsor's details and had the messages about being received and approved. Is that the same page that will eventually show details about myself (the applicant)?
Yes, that is the same page.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

We got an email last night saying they received our application!! AAHHHH!!! I'm feeling sick now - oh god this process much age you at least 20yrs!!

How long after the receipt email are people hearing about approval?
Old Jan 10th 2012, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Canuck_eh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 123me
The day is not over yet shudda, hang tough!
Hia 123me, new to this forum and been following this thread along with the millions of nail-bitting members. Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought the 66 days timeframe applies only when they actually opened your envelope and start processing - that is day 1, right? Not when it was received at Mississauga. Ours was received on Nov/17th and we are religiously checking the CIC website and they are processing application received as at Oct/26.
Would appreciate any clarity from anybody. Am now very tempted to email mississauga office to inquire but did not want to upset our application by inquiring too soon.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shudda
We got an email last night saying they received our application!! AAHHHH!!! I'm feeling sick now - oh god this process much age you at least 20yrs!!

How long after the receipt email are people hearing about approval?
I received the first email Dec. 10th and the approval email Dec. 20th. Right, I can understand the feeling of being sick....I had that too, and I am sure my husband did as well, as he is the one leaving his family in the UK.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok well then we're now a month behind you I guess!

Oh and not feeling sick about leaving - I'm so sad to have to leave London. I feel sick at the thought that they're processing now and I'm all of a sudden scared about our future being in their hands!! Eiik!
Old Jan 10th 2012, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Canuck_eh
Hia 123me, new to this forum and been following this thread along with the millions of nail-bitting members. Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought the 66 days timeframe applies only when they actually opened your envelope and start processing - that is day 1, right? Not when it was received at Mississauga. Ours was received on Nov/17th and we are religiously checking the CIC website and they are processing application received as at Oct/26.
Would appreciate any clarity from anybody. Am now very tempted to email mississauga office to inquire but did not want to upset our application by inquiring too soon.

Many thanks in advance.
I think the 66 days starts from when they received it, not opened it. Again, the website is only a guide for average time frames, as I got approved in 43 days. 43 days is calculated from the day they received the package in Missisauga to the day I received the approval email. So your day 1 is Nov. 17th.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.