Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

weaver2008; that leave me and you, i am behind you just a week, ie since 23 of dec, london had it in process since 2nd of Feb with med recvd as well, but as of today no news, i decided to go off ecas for a week but someone with the same timeline as me got PR on 25th of Feb so i began to twitch and i am twitching, haaaa

Guys say a prayer for us waiting andf good luck with those with PR....

Old Mar 9th 2010, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

weaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really nice

Think you are well ahead of me, no mention of meds here and London have been processing mine since Dec 16 so will be three months on the 16th March.

I guess someone has to balance the timescales out. Was getting quite optimistic when peeps were getting processed in 4-6 weeks.

Fingers crossed that nothing has been lost. Medicals etc there are many things that can go wrong I guess. Not least the bloke having a ton of cases and forgetting about mine....

Ah well the wheels of beurocracy
Old Mar 9th 2010, 6:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Weaver, I think that the meds are supposed to be done as part of the application for outland spousal sponsorship and sent as part of the application to London, and not requested separately as per the other visa categories?

I could be wrong but if not then this may be the reason for delay?? May be worth checking up with them on that??
Old Mar 9th 2010, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

weaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really nice

Hey SNKH,

I had the medical in September before the case was sent in Edmonton with a CIC approved Doc. She gave me a photocopy of the front of this which I included with the PR application.

I have read here that the medical results themselves are sent somewhere in Canada and that CIC London requests them once the application reached that point.

But then people here say that ECAS is a bit irregular sometimes anyway.

Point is I have too much time to think and wonder at the moment. Trying to keep my head down and stay busy.

Cheers

Weaver
Old Mar 9th 2010, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

waever , did u say london has it since 16th of Dec, wow, well, i guess u still within the 2-8 months processing but then again i wonder.

Have u lived a lot of countries b4??

i am usre your medicals are ok and is jsut one of those, what, the week of the 14th of feb, wow there was a lot of PR left n right and now it has slowed down, there was a few ppl i checked in with but they all have it and now i am waitjng, i guess is the case that i sit at hme doing nothing as i have come back to UK to wait and sort out some $$$$ issues.

well i will say a prayer for us all and guys remeber us all in prayers.

we need it and good luck to everyone..
Old Mar 10th 2010, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

I was in Guyana (South America) for close to 5 months in 1998-9 however this was not more than 6 months so I did not need a police certificate. If they still do checks there then I guess it could delay things as they are a pretty backward country. Immigration records were paper based probably stored in a basement and they had massive massive floods there in 2005 for about six months. I doubt they will be able to get much info even if they wanted to.

Other than that only holidays to Europe for short times like a few weeks. There could be a bunch of reasons. The person doing mine might have been given a ton of bunac visas or maybe could not reach any of my references for a time so put it to the bottom of the file.

I have applied to remain in Canada as a visitor while things get done. Currently Vegreville are processing apps up to Jan 1st and there is 55 days to process. Hopefully the PR will be resolved by the time someone even looks at it.

Fingers crossed for both of us!
Old Mar 10th 2010, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

The passport request email has an generic attachment which explains what CHC London wants.

I have attached what we received for family class PR passport request, though it may not apply to other applicants.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
NON-URGENT Q2 (5).pdf (127.5 KB, 1074 views)
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

Just wondering how people are doing with their time lines now.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

hi louiseeg,

My time line is as follows

Application to sponsor rec'd Missassauga 2nd Feb 2010.
Application to sponsor APPROVED 26 Feb 2010
PR application "in process" (LONDON) 9 March 2010

Since then.........nothing!

steveh
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat005 is an unknown quantity at this point

see my signature...
Old Mar 24th 2010, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

Wow, those are quite quick, I hope i hear something soon, myn got there on the 22nd Feb, im going to start really worrying if i dont hear something soon.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future

I've not heard anything since a letter from CIC Mississauga saying that my OH was eligible to sponsor and that they where forwarding the application to London and that way back on the 5th of February. Does any one know when i should start chasing them up?
Old Mar 24th 2010, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

I havent even got the the letter from mississauga yet
Old Mar 24th 2010, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Hi LandC,

To be honest I am unable to give you any 'real' answer to your question.....however I can advise that our timeline has been this:-

Our application was received in Missassauga on 2nd February 2010.
They started to process our application on 26 February 2010.
They made their decision on 26 February 2010.
London began processing our application on 9th March 2010.
The CiC website shows (as at today) "in process"
(This has been showing since last Tuesday 9th March 2010)

Does this help you in any way?? Have you checked the CiC website....what does it show?

Best wishes SteveH
Old Mar 24th 2010, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Louiseeg,

Try not to fret too much...it seems that anywhere between 3 and 5 weeks is the norm. A letter is probably winging its way to you as we speak!

I shall await your receipt of news with nearly as much anticipation as you as .

Best wishes

SteveH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.