Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

EVAvan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Here it is, posted just above!!! They are indeed turning them around fast!!!

Originally Posted by EVAvan
Hey guys, just thought I'd post my timeline too as it seems we're in the same boat:

Spousal sponsorship received by Mississauga Dec 7th
Approved Jan 4th (I received letter on Jan 8th)
On Jan 25th my status changed on the cic website to 'In Process', said that meds were received and they started processing the app on Jan 18th.
Not heard anything since and no changes!!!

I will continue to post on here and keep you updated. Just fyi we have a fairly straightforward app (no bankruptcy, crim convics etc)

Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Stew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really nice

Yesssss!

Just received my passport back after exactly 4 weeks from when London received it...
Just need to find out now if CIC can activate my status/visa or if I'll need to make a trip down to the border!

Happy I don't have to go another weekend thinking about the mail etc.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

EVAvan is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Stew, this week is a good week!!!
Old Feb 19th 2010, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

SweetG is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!!! Stew

hummm... I hope they continue like this next week and the week after, our application was sent 2 weeks after EVAvan's, and its been in process at London CIC since 2010-Feb-02, so hope to get some new in a week or two!!
Old Feb 19th 2010, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Stew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really nice

Cheers guys,

They seem to be pretty quick right now so hopefully you'll hear pretty soon. We've just found out that there's about a 3 week wait to see an immigration officer at Edmonton to activate my visa so I can work again. So were driving down to the states early tomorrow morning which will take around 7hrs and we'll probably stay in Fernie tomorrow night and get some skiing in on Sunday before driving back up.

At least I'll be able to "legally" work again come Monday instead of having to wait for immigration to call me in for an appointment.

Will update about how the road trip went on Monday for those that are interested or having to do the same thing.

Cheers.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

I'm now a permanent resident!!

It took just over 4 months from when we submitted our application. The trip down to the border was easy enough, took us just over 5hrs to get to Carway from Edmonton and about 40 mins of waiting for them to do some more paperwork. The guy at the window was a bit confused as to why we hadn't went the "inland" route but we explained to him how much longer it would have taken and he seemed to understand.

We spent Saturday night in Fernie and took the scenic route back up to Edmonton yesterday via Cranbrook, Invermere and Banff. Heading to Canada Place soon to get my new SIN that starts with a "6" finally and will be starting the job search later today as well. My PR card should be arriving in the mail within 6 weeks but for the mean time I have a paper document to prove my PR is valid until 2017.

Cheers.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

I am soo happy for you, now one out, more to go, in terms of waiting.. 2 months 1 week as of today but still with a hope..

good luck guys
Old Mar 1st 2010, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

hannahrocks is an unknown quantity at this point

Just checked e-cas this morning (1-Mar-10)- they've now made a decision on my PR application!!!!! I dunno what that decision is but fingers crossed!!!
Old Mar 1st 2010, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

I am sure its good news Hanna...good luck... you should get your email anyday now.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 9:16 am
Just Joined

thewolfman is an unknown quantity at this point

Woo hoo, got an email this morning asking for my Passport to be sent to London. They received my application from Mississauga on the 2nd of Feb so to get it completed in just 28 days, I'm pretty impressed with them. So here is wishing everyone else who is still waiting a quick turnaround as well.

James

PS Dont worry if E-CAS doesn't update or change. It hasn't changed for me since it saying they started my case on the 2nd of Feb and still says In Progress
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

hey the wolfman. when did you sent you application off? Just wanta know how long it took you altogether.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 11:13 am
Just Joined

thewolfman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louiseeg
hey the wolfman. when did you sent you application off? Just wanta know how long it took you altogether.
Application was sent on the 20th of December. It was received by Mississauga on the 23rd so in total, it took 10 weeks from application being submitted to the passport request.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Congrats wolfman!!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:04 am
Just Joined

hannahrocks is an unknown quantity at this point

Passport request email this morning!! Sooooooooooooooooooooo happy!
Good luck everyone, I hope your files are processed as quickly as mine
Old Mar 4th 2010, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

Looks like times are slowing down now, as they have gone from 38days processing to 64 days.

But them seem to have put up until 7th jan, when they had up until 26th jan before...very odd, i hope they have got all of that wrong.

Looks like it will take me a lot longer to reach my husband

Last edited by louiseeg; Mar 4th 2010 at 11:14 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.