Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 14th 2010, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

weaver u did it. well 8 weeks, my friend is the best it could happen to you.. I am happy for you...
Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

weaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really nice

Not yet mate, its still "in process" It was Stew's application that went through in 8 weeks he was a couple of weeks ahead in the queue. So fingers crossed I will find out soon!

Cheers
Old Feb 9th 2010, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

weaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really nice

Just wondering if I have a problem the current timeline is

Sent to Missauga Nov 6th
Approved sponsorship Nov 26th
Started Processing London Dec 16th

Since then nothing.

Quite a few people have reported back on here that sent in applicaitons just before and immediately after mine and have PR.

Wondering if there is something wrong. I know what the timelines are listed as but it looked like spousal via London was pretty quick at the moment.

Is it worth emailing the CIC office there. I really do not want to annoy anyone and have it shoved to the bottom of the pile. Also I would not want it delayed due to a message maybe going astray of some info from me required...

Thanks very much to all who read this

Cheers

Weaver
Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by weaver2008
Just wondering if I have a problem
It could be that some people have been processed before you, but you definitely do not have a problem with that sort of time line. Each case is individual, and the case load of the person handling your case is also unique.

You might want to look at the distribution of processing times statistics that are on the CIC web site. Some cases are done fast and some take longer.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

weaver, i think yr or the wait on u is killing you bt u are just in the right frame of time. just chill and things will be ok..

One question though did yr PR in Process also said Medicals recvd???

Well my time line

Sent application on the 21st of Dec 09
Application recvd 23th Dec 09
Sponsorship deceison made on 13th Jan 10
sent to London UK 13th Jan 10

PR - London started Processing on 02/02.10 n meds recvd.

I am not checking anything on ecas till next month i guess.

I canunderstand yr fustration but give it a break as 30% of the case is in 2 months and 50% in 4 months so lets say u part of the 50%..

good luck guys...
I want a hobby now, as i have stopped checking my mail each 3 hrs n also ecas on even saturdays n sundays .. lol

Fingers cross for everyone on here
Old Feb 11th 2010, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Stew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really nice

Hi Weaver,

You could still have another 2 weeks to wait going by how long mine took, (bearing in mind I had longer due to the Christmas period). I'm guessing your waiting for the email to send your passport off?

I'm still waiting for mine to come back, it's been over 3 weeks since they received it so I'm hoping it comes any day now. Our neighbours must think I have OCD as I'm checking the mail box every hour or two as I don't think they send it back as recorded delivery....

I also read somewhere recently on here, that once I get my passport back I have to make a trip down to the border to activate it or something, news to me!!! I'm hoping this isn't true as thats a fair distance for me to travel when I'm not working etc... I'll find out soon enough though!

Good luck mate.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

hannahrocks is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I thought I'd add in my timeline so far for my spousal sponsorship via London...

PR application received Mississauga 11/Dec/2009
Sponsorship decision made and application sent to London 13/Jan/2010
London began processing my PR application on 1/Feb/2010

Now it's a case of just waiting. I'm so nervous though, goodness knows what I'm going to be like when my status changes to 'Decision Made'!!

Last edited by hannahrocks; Feb 16th 2010 at 5:03 pm. Reason: corrected a sentence
Old Feb 16th 2010, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hannahrocks, well U sent yr application 10 days before mine but we had the same date of approval, 13th jan i guess n sent to London and i saw in Process on ecas on the 8 of Feb that dated 2nd Feb with also medicals recvd..

Did yr in process also had medicals revcd.. I hear medicals recvd means u near the end of the tunnel... so can u verify this..

weaver, do u have any news yet.. I am rooting for u this week ok.. I hav a feeling i will hear something at the end of this month, with a straight forward case...

guys share share share.. and fingers cross everyone will be fine soon.

Good luck
Old Feb 16th 2010, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

EVAvan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, just thought I'd post my timeline too as it seems we're in the same boat:

Spousal sponsorship received by Mississauga Dec 7th
Approved Jan 4th (I received letter on Jan 8th)
On Jan 25th my status changed on the cic website to 'In Process', said that meds were received and they started processing the app on Jan 18th.
Not heard anything since and no changes!!!

I will continue to post on here and keep you updated. Just fyi we have a fairly straightforward app (no bankruptcy, crim convics etc)

Old Feb 17th 2010, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

hannahrocks is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bflava,

yup, my status says that my medicals have been received so it looks like we are in the same boat.
I think my application is pretty straightforward so (touch wood) there shouldn't be any hold ups with it. I am hoping that they'll have made their decision by the end of this month/start of next month.

Hannah
Old Feb 18th 2010, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

i am hoping so for everyone, Dec crew where r u.. Like i said i need a hobby as this wait is killin me, well i am or we r all within the normal timeline but mmm what do u think about the wait and how someone is sitting n sipping coffee reading our emails and checking our photos and our life, haaaa

good luck all and hope we all hear good news soon. God is in control
Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

EVAvan is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my passport request today guys!!!

Won't post my timeline again as it's written just above, but I might post a new thread for others to see who might not look at this one...

email says I can mail passport or drop off in person on Thursdays between 2-3pm.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of you now!!!!
Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

blue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to all

f eck me that's ridiculously quick, 2.5 months! good on you, hope mine goes as quick in summer!
Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Waltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by EVAvan
Got my passport request today guys!!!

Won't post my timeline again as it's written just above, but I might post a new thread for others to see who might not look at this one...

email says I can mail passport or drop off in person on Thursdays between 2-3pm.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of you now!!!!
Congratulations....I got mine today too!! Good times!!
Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

blue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Waltzing Matilda
Congratulations....I got mine today too!! Good times!!
What was your time line?? Judging by the recent time lines at could have approvl by October!! Wow.

(I have no bad history or anything hidden in my past other than a few penalty points on my license! Have Known my OH 8 months now so, will be 12.5 months when we 'get hitched')

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.