Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 18th 2019, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Ugh still no CoPR in the post ... should we be worried?
Old Jun 19th 2019, 1:21 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FARAH1305
Ugh still no CoPR in the post ... should we be worried?
No...

Once your MyCIC changes to Decision Made and it says that the COPR has been issued you can start keeping an eye open for it - until then, no point in stressing yourself out for no reason.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...plication.html

Use this time to prepare for the move over - before you know it the COPR will be delivered and it will be a mad dash to get everything done! Remember things like passport renewals etc., Start to get packing lists done, decide what to do with things you can't bring, get your medical records, school records, drivers extract, get your taxes sorted... all the 'official' stuff that needs to be done.. then visit friends and family... go to places in the UK that you have always meant to and never got around to ... it may be years (or never) before you get the chance to do so again! Eat at your favourite restaurant.. go to your favourite places... not forgetting to have a read over the numerous moving over lists in our Wiki in preparation for the move!

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Categ...gistics-Canada

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 19th 2019 at 1:25 am.
Old Jun 19th 2019, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

booweng is an unknown quantity at this point

We've now received Decision Made on our PA's app. Plus an email that the COPR issuance/print/mail is now in queue.

Glad that's now pretty much done. Just waiting for the snail mail of COPR now plus any other passport info/new photo request if any.

So our app was received in June 2018, and DM status in June 2019. 4-5 months in Mississauga and 7-8 months in LVO.

Last edited by booweng; Jun 19th 2019 at 6:36 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2019, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by booweng
We've now received Decision Made on our PA's app. Plus an email that the COPR issuance/print/mail is now in queue.

Glad that's now pretty much done. Just waiting for the snail mail of COPR now plus any other passport info/new photo request if any.

So our app was received in June 2018, and DM status in June 2019. 4-5 months in Mississauga and 7-8 months in LVO.
Where were you processed? Mississauga or LVO?
Old Jun 22nd 2019, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
No...

Once your MyCIC changes to Decision Made and it says that the COPR has been issued you can start keeping an eye open for it - until then, no point in stressing yourself out for no reason.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...plication.html

Use this time to prepare for the move over - before you know it the COPR will be delivered and it will be a mad dash to get everything done! Remember things like passport renewals etc., Start to get packing lists done, decide what to do with things you can't bring, get your medical records, school records, drivers extract, get your taxes sorted... all the 'official' stuff that needs to be done.. then visit friends and family... go to places in the UK that you have always meant to and never got around to ... it may be years (or never) before you get the chance to do so again! Eat at your favourite restaurant.. go to your favourite places... not forgetting to have a read over the numerous moving over lists in our Wiki in preparation for the move!

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Categ...gistics-Canada
MyCIC is still in progress ... ECAS has moved to decision made. I had a letter requesting pictures be sent to LVO ... sent those about a month ago. Ugh - just can't wait till the CoPR is in my hands.
Old Jun 22nd 2019, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by no real plan

Still nothing in the post. Has your GCKey/CIC account been updated? Still only my ECAS account says “Decision Made”
Same as me ... ECAS Decision Made. MyCIC is still in progress :s
Old Jun 22nd 2019, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

booweng is an unknown quantity at this point

Where were you processed? Mississauga or LVO?
?
Both. See the last statement on that post. This was also before biometrics requirement came into effect.
Sponsorship eligibility and PA medical request by Miss. Then results were forwarded to + PA background check (we suppose) by LVO.
MyCIC registration never worked and PA hasn't been asked (yet) to provide new pics / passport info for COPR issuance. Could be 'cuz PA was born and raised in the UK and is visa-exempt(?).
Email stated PA app is now approved and COPR issuance/mail is in queue, while ECAS shows DM.

Last edited by booweng; Jun 22nd 2019 at 11:22 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2019, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by booweng
?
Both. See the last statement on that post. This was also before biometrics requirement came into effect.
Sponsorship eligibility and PA medical request by Miss. Then results were forwarded to + PA background check (we suppose) by LVO.
MyCIC registration never worked and PA hasn't been asked (yet) to provide new pics / passport info for COPR issuance. Could be 'cuz PA was born and raised in the UK and is visa-exempt(?).
Email stated PA app is now approved and COPR issuance/mail is in queue, while ECAS shows DM.
I didn't realise it was possible have both? I thought that files processed in Mississauga were sent to LVO just to issue the CoPR - and that should in theory take a matter of weeks?
it's been one month since our application went to decision made and they asked us to send photos to LVO for the CoPR certificate.
So anxious to get it so we can book our flights. Our house is closing at the end of August - don't want to wait anymore. ;s
Old Jun 24th 2019, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

OMG - application went to approved on MyCIC. Progress bar complete - application is "approved'. still no CoPR in the mail.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • May 9, 2019 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • December 22, 2018 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • Not applicable.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • Completed.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • December 22, 2018 Your background check was completed.

Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • June 24, 2019 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
Old Jun 24th 2019, 5:01 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realise it was possible have both? I thought that files processed in Mississauga were sent to LVO just to issue the CoPR - and that should in theory take a matter of weeks?
it's been one month since our application went to decision made and they asked us to send photos to LVO for the CoPR certificate.
So anxious to get it so we can book our flights. Our house is closing at the end of August - don't want to wait anymore. ;s
Previously all applications for Outland Spousal Sponsorship were sent to Mississauga where they were checked for completeness etc., (1st stage approval/sponsor approval) before being sent on to the Processing officie of the country of the Principal Applicant where the application continues to be processed.

COPR's are issued by either London or Canada

You can enter Canada under dual intent if you don't wish to wait for the COPR's to arrive.
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...d:_Dual_Intent

COPR's are not issued until they finish processing background checks etc., now that MyCIC shows your application is complete, it should be a matter of a few days or weeks before you get the COPR's in the mail.

Old Jun 24th 2019, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Bow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all, I didn't want to start a new thread for a quick question but we've been asked for photos and copies of passports for the issuing of the COPR.
I have a Canadian passport and have sponsored my wife and kids so do they need a copy of my passport and a photo of me too or just the kids and the wife.

thanks.
Old Jun 24th 2019, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bow21
Hey all, I didn't want to start a new thread for a quick question but we've been asked for photos and copies of passports for the issuing of the COPR.
I have a Canadian passport and have sponsored my wife and kids so do they need a copy of my passport and a photo of me too or just the kids and the wife.

thanks.
Just your wife and kids. That assumes you sponsored your kids and that they don't have Canadian passports (question is why they haven't??)
Old Jun 24th 2019, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Bow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond repute

Great thanks for that hurlabrick
erm kids don’t have Canadian passports because my dad is Canadian I was born in the U.K. I have my passport through descent. So I can’t get them their own Canadian passports.
Old Jun 24th 2019, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bow21
Great thanks for that hurlabrick
erm kids don’t have Canadian passports because my dad is Canadian I was born in the U.K. I have my passport through descent. So I can’t get them their own Canadian passports.
Aaah - OK!
Old Jun 30th 2019, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Lucyjane is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all!

still nothing after the fed ex arrived on 23rd April 2019 at the Sydney office.
no email or letter at all getting very worried.

any advice on next steps

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.