Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 1st 2018, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

I'll be landing tomorrow. Given I've been in Canada already, anything I originally bought in for my work permit was on a temporary basis, should my goods accompanying include anything that I already brought in with me?
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

avjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, COPR received by registered letter on the 28th March (so not too long after DM on MyCIC). Two copies, one with picture attached, one other copy and a loose copy of my picture.

So I guess that is it, I don't need to do anything with this form do I until I land?

Also I had filled out on the initial forms under ''Where do you intend to live'' as Toronto (we have family there as well as Vancouver) and we are now seriously considering a move to Vancouver instead. Does it matter that my original sponsorship forms had Toronto and now the COPR refers to that as well?. We also have a friends wedding in Vancouver within weeks of the landing date so it would be easier to have it all done there. Any comments welcome :-)

Thanks
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

MelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avjoy
Hi, COPR received by registered letter on the 28th March (so not too long after DM on MyCIC). Two copies, one with picture attached, one other copy and a loose copy of my picture.

So I guess that is it, I don't need to do anything with this form do I until I land?

Also I had filled out on the initial forms under ''Where do you intend to live'' as Toronto (we have family there as well as Vancouver) and we are now seriously considering a move to Vancouver instead. Does it matter that my original sponsorship forms had Toronto and now the COPR refers to that as well?. We also have a friends wedding in Vancouver within weeks of the landing date so it would be easier to have it all done there. Any comments welcome :-)

Thanks
Make a copy of your COPR form for your records.

When you land, present both copies of your COPR. Canadian immigration will keep the copy with your photo affixed to it, annotate the copy (without the photo) with details of your landing and hand that back to you. Do look after that as you will need it to obtain your SIN and may need to show it to open a bank account etc.

The copy of the COPR with the photo on may be used to create your PR card, but bear in mind a couple of us have had to supply new photos for our PR cards (if that's the case, you will receive a request from CIC so keep an eye on your emails).

You can land in Vancouver even though your COPR says "Toronto" as your "City of dest." You will be asked to supply a Canadian address when you land; you can give your family member's address in Vancouver and this is the address to which your PR Card will be sent.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Stuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond repute

Clarification on my recent application:-

Type - family - spousal

Sponsor - my Canadian wife of 20 yrs, living in Dubai
PA - Brit, living together in Dubai, 2 kids, both have both passports / nationalities
Date sent 27 March
Date received Mississauga - 29th March .
Old Apr 4th 2018, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emily1987
Got my COPR today!!!!
Congratulations! That was quick. Spreadsheet updated.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffchris
Hi,

So I'm now worried that I may not have been approved just yet?

Theirs no change to my (applicant) ecas or MYCIC

Just the wife had an email saying they are forwarding it to London for further processing.

Her ecas has three tabs

sponsored person = me

Sponsorship application status = DM

PR application = in process

I'm worried cause they've asked the others for photos and also with beardymans comments too, sounds like the same thing.

Although we do have a letter saying it will be processed in Mississauga that we got in Jan and her sponsor approval at the start of Dec?

She called immigration but the guy was no help, he was just saying all aps go to Mississauga first then forwarded to London? Think there was a miss communication.

Congrats Emily

Just out of interest Emily how long before they asked you for photos did you get the email to say further processing in London?
Nothing to worry about. They only process UK PA's in Mississauga when London is waaayyy too backed up. You will be transferred to London either because the backlog will now permit such a transfer, or coz Mississauga have made a decision and transfer to London to issue CoPR - probably the former!
Old Apr 4th 2018, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AIRD85
Hello,

I got a request for passport copies on the 15th March, I uploaded my documents and posted passport pictures on the 27th March and received an email today to say my decision has been approved Just need to wait for my CORP in the post
Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by avjoy

Thanks
Wot MelVan said. Spreadsheet updated.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stuart Adamson
Clarification on my recent application:-

Type - family - spousal

Sponsor - my Canadian wife of 20 yrs, living in Dubai
PA - Brit, living together in Dubai, 2 kids, both have both passports / nationalities
Date sent 27 March
Date received Mississauga - 29th March .
Thanks for that. I have added you to the spreadsheet, you are the first to volunteer their details for 2018!! Please keep us updated by posting here, thank you!
Old Apr 4th 2018, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
I'll be landing tomorrow. Given I've been in Canada already, anything I originally bought in for my work permit was on a temporary basis, should my goods accompanying include anything that I already brought in with me?
No only any goods to follow that you have outside of Canada.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

avjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MelVan
Make a copy of your COPR form for your records.

When you land, present both copies of your COPR. Canadian immigration will keep the copy with your photo affixed to it, annotate the copy (without the photo) with details of your landing and hand that back to you. Do look after that as you will need it to obtain your SIN and may need to show it to open a bank account etc.

The copy of the COPR with the photo on may be used to create your PR card, but bear in mind a couple of us have had to supply new photos for our PR cards (if that's the case, you will receive a request from CIC so keep an eye on your emails).

You can land in Vancouver even though your COPR says "Toronto" as your "City of dest." You will be asked to supply a Canadian address when you land; you can give your family member's address in Vancouver and this is the address to which your PR Card will be sent.

Perfect - thank you. Was worried I had to action something with the COPR before deciding to land. And brilliant that destination is open so I can now fly to Vancouver. Thanks again
Old Apr 5th 2018, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Brooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really nice

Got my approval email today! Just waiting for copr in post now
Old Apr 6th 2018, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Brooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really niceBrooks52 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Brooks52
Got my approval email today! Just waiting for copr in post now
Copr arrived in the post today. All one in less than 5 months, very happy/surprised!
Old Apr 8th 2018, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

MelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brooks52
Copr arrived in the post today. All one in less than 5 months, very happy/surprised!
That is pretty fast. One month longer than mine (I thought mine was fast). Congratulations.
Old Apr 8th 2018, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MelVan
That is pretty fast. One month longer than mine (I thought mine was fast). Congratulations.

Thanks! Yes I was surprised it was so quick, we aren’t even planning on moving until early next year so I might have to do a quick trip to activate it!

I think my application was processed in Mississauga, there seem to be a few others recently that have been processed quickly in Mississauga

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.