Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 30th 2018, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

avjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by HockeyNightInCanada
My understanding is that it is when your local VO has received your file and starts processing. You may receive a Sponsor approval email and another email stating that your file is being transferred to a local VO. In our case the message stated that we were going to be processed in CPC-M; seeing as they already had our file I assumed this to be the Acknowledgement Of Receipt 2.

Clear as mud?!
Thank you. So mine was transferred to LVO on 15th - I guess that is my AOR2 although we did get SA in early December. My status still shows ''we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements'' - and showing ''we have not started your background check'' - would this be ''normal'' seeing as application sent late September or just a case that they are not updating GCkey or MyCIC...guessing game! :-)
Old Jan 30th 2018, 11:46 am
Just Joined

HockeyNightInCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by avjoy
Thank you. So mine was transferred to LVO on 15th - I guess that is my AOR2 although we did get SA in early December. My status still shows ''we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements'' - and showing ''we have not started your background check'' - would this be ''normal'' seeing as application sent late September or just a case that they are not updating GCkey or MyCIC...guessing game! :-)
My changes only showed up in ECAS. GCKey was pretty quiet on changes with the exception of that first change to 'we are processing...'

I get the feeling they are mutually independent; keep checking both and don't sweat it if neither is updating!
Old Jan 30th 2018, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

My changes only showed up in ECAS. GCKey was pretty quiet on changes with the exception of that first change to 'we are processing...'

I get the feeling they are mutually independent; keep checking both and don't sweat it if neither is updating!
agree with this, ECAS shows medicals received and application received. GCkey shows Medicals passed and application in progress.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

avjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond reputeavjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
agree with this, ECAS shows medicals received and application received. GCkey shows Medicals passed and application in progress.
Thank you both. Waiting game I guess :-)
Old Jan 30th 2018, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

HevWels is an unknown quantity at this point

update for HevWels - please can you update spreadsheet
19th January 2018 - Additional info requested for daughter's permission to move to canada, originally submitted court order proving full custody which was from years ago when i first obtained full custody. Letter requested an update court order to prove this is still the case or letter from her dad.
20th January 2018 - Received - Pre-arrival services - January 20, 2018
Old Jan 30th 2018, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HevWels
update for HevWels - please can you update spreadsheet
19th January 2018 - Additional info requested for daughter's permission to move to canada, originally submitted court order proving full custody which was from years ago when i first obtained full custody. Letter requested an update court order to prove this is still the case or letter from her dad.
20th January 2018 - Received - Pre-arrival services - January 20, 2018
Spreadsheet updated. Sounds like the last bit of 'box ticking' before DM!
Old Jan 30th 2018, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

HevWels is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for updating spreadsheet, I managed to upload the information they requested onto CIC 29th Jan. So just waiting now, like you said hopefully DM soon.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

HockeyNightInCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Today, 1 Feb, we received the following update to GCKey with an email to accompany the COPR (when it arrives). The return envelope tracking has not been activated yet by LVO so the paper copy of the COPR appears that has yet to be mailed.
There has been no change to ECAS.

Application status: A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
Review of eligibility: Your eligiblity has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your background check was completed.
Final decision: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Today, 1 Feb, we received the following update to GCKey with an email to accompany the COPR (when it arrives). The return envelope tracking has not been activated yet by LVO so the paper copy of the COPR appears that has yet to be mailed.
There has been no change to ECAS.

Application status: A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
Review of eligibility: Your eligiblity has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your background check was completed.
Final decision: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
Yet, CoPR should arrive in the post. It is a pretty simple document, no red seals, ribbons or signatures of prime ministers, but it does the job!
Old Feb 1st 2018, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Tototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond repute

Just got my case notes back...not sure if related, but I submitted a request for case notes back at the beginning of January and then got a reply 2 days later saying they needed criminal record checks. Even though we already sent them originally. Ergh.

Now on the case notes it says the medical has been passed but is expired. I really hope we don't have to do new medicals. Finger crossed it's all good now. I have submitted everything they requested last night!! Everyone keep me in your thoughts! Haha
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Tototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond reputeTototoro has a reputation beyond repute

Though, I just went through the case notes...The last note was from April of 2017.....But they have requested additional documents just 2 weeks ago as I had previously stated so that is good news right....?

Looks like the last note was it was sent to some Back Office only to realize it was not a back office file so was shipped for In Canada processing. And thats the last note I can see

Last edited by Tototoro; Feb 2nd 2018 at 2:22 am.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tototoro
But they have requested additional documents just 2 weeks ago as I had previously stated so that is good news right....?
Yes, I would say this is good news, OK not as good as getting a 'Decision Made' notification, but they are clearly actively looking at the last set of box ticking for your application - sure beats sitting in a pile on someones desk untouched.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

AIRD85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a little update cic has been updated today to say - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AIRD85
Just a little update cic has been updated today to say - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Cheers. Spreadsheet updated.
Old Feb 7th 2018, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

gruffchris is an unknown quantity at this point

@hurlabrick

I have what Aird85 has, sorry didn't think this was a thing we updated.

That was already on my account when I first managed to link it on the 19th jan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.