Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 2nd 2015, 1:35 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Bromelia
Hey Andrew Brit,

As promised, an update from my side: I received the COPR letter today.

Off to flagpole soon (sounds painful, doesn't it).

I did chuckle at the section stating that it is conditional for two years: should I expect there to be government spies lurking around every corner or secret cameras in our apartment? Big brother is watching you…

I really hope yours is on its way. You must be climbing the walls. It was just shy of a few days since we sent off the darn application in 2014 - a year is far too long to wait, especially when I have put everything on hold.

There must be a better system. I have several suggestions I would like to make so may put pen to paper.

I am keeping everything crossed for you. Thank you again for keeping this post going. You have been a great support in many moments of need.

I hope 2016 brings you much happiness and joy that you deserve.

Take care :-)
Bromelia - Spreadsheet updated. Good luck with the flagpoling :-)
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

cocamoe11 is an unknown quantity at this point

COPR received in the mail yesterday!
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 2:27 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CReg91
Hi Admin,

Royal Mail has just changed to delivered today (1.12.15). Can I please be added to the Spreadsheet? It's a CL application from London.

Fingers crossed!

Also, this website is the best thing in the world - my application would not have been well put together without your wiki and the forum.

Thanks!
Spreadsheet updated, please check it is correct and welcome
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 2:29 pm
BE addict

Originally Posted by cocamoe11
COPR received in the mail yesterday!

Spreadsheet Updated, good luck with your 'Landing'
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

chrisbrought125 is an unknown quantity at this point

Received an email from CIC yesterday entitled 'ready for visa'. I need to submit 2 new photos and send a photocopy of my passport to London! Thought I was just going to get the copr in the post but looks like I'm a step away now, but still good news!

Appendix B needs to be filled in which is an Updated Information Chart. Do I need to fill in my Canadian spouse's details in this section or just mine if I'm the only one needing the PR?

Also it's a bit confusing about whether I need to send the passport copy to London or I can just send it all to my office in Ottawa as I'm in Canada!

Thanks

Last edited by chrisbrought125; Dec 2nd 2015 at 5:23 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Spreadsheet updated chris. You can send it to Ottawa if you will be in Canada for the next 3 months.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
Spreadsheet updated chris. You can send it to Ottawa if you will be in Canada for the next 3 months.
Thanks Andrew, thought that in the end so sent it all there, but the wording is terrible as it doesn't say London or Ottawa throughout the document until the end, and even there it doesn't mention the photos, just the passport - which actually means passport photocopy. Good old CIC wording guessing games.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 9:16 pm
Perfer et obdura

Location: Birmingham 26 years, Germany 20 years, in Toronto since 2015
anglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond repute

After sending photos and photocopies of passports to Ottawa on 24 November, we received COPR today (2 December)!! *does happy dance* Apparently we don't even need to flagpole, we can just go and "land" somewhere locally - still got to get details of that though, they provided a phone number to contact if we decide to do this.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anglogerman
After sending photos and photocopies of passports to Ottawa on 24 November, we received COPR today (2 December)!! *does happy dance* Apparently we don't even need to flagpole, we can just go and "land" somewhere locally - still got to get details of that though, they provided a phone number to contact if we decide to do this.
Congrats! Hopefully will be a similar time frame this end as I'll be a lot happier knowing it's all sorted before Xmas. Savings are slowly but surely running dry!
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Spreadsheet updated anglogerman.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 1:07 am
Just Joined

kinsielee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

So thrilled to hear that so many people got decision made this month! Hope the trend continues

Our Immigration Lawyer filed for an 'Immigration Report' which we just got back. It's a 36 page document full of legal shorthand so it's been a real treat to try and decipher!
From what we can gather, he has passed his Criminal Check and they are working on his Medical. Does this give us any idea how far along we are? We have no right to complain on timing as we only applied March 2015 but just curious as his work permit is about to expire and we are deciding between a tourist Visa or him moving back to the UK without me!

Thanks,
Kinsie
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 2:37 am
Just Joined

vinem is an unknown quantity at this point

Dears,

I have got my COPR today in Royal Mail.

It says visa exempt countries will not have a counterfoil on their Passport, will only be issued a COPR. So I am planning to do the flag-poling tomorrow at Niagara.

Admins, Thank You very much for the assistance and best of luck to those who are waiting. London is processing really fast.

Admins, The cover letter I got along with the COPR says about two forms . 1. IMM 5785 & 2. IMM 5688 . I only got 5688 in the mail. What will be IMM 5785?

Also, Please update these dates in the timeline.

Decision Made :17-11-2015
COPR received in post : 02-12-2015
E-Medicals were done upfront.

No passport request as the applicant is from Visa exempt country. Passport does not need a counterfoil affixed on it.

Thanks,
VINEM
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 2:38 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kinsielee
Hi Everyone,

So thrilled to hear that so many people got decision made this month! Hope the trend continues

Our Immigration Lawyer filed for an 'Immigration Report' which we just got back. It's a 36 page document full of legal shorthand so it's been a real treat to try and decipher!
From what we can gather, he has passed his Criminal Check and they are working on his Medical. Does this give us any idea how far along we are? We have no right to complain on timing as we only applied March 2015 but just curious as his work permit is about to expire and we are deciding between a tourist Visa or him moving back to the UK without me!

Thanks,
Kinsie
It sounds like your lawyer got the GM notes, do you know if the background checks have been completed? If they have, you should be good to go soon (I believe).

If you applied under common-law, I would strongly suggest that he doesn't return to the UK for more than a couple of weeks - it's just not worth the risk.

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki

Old Dec 3rd 2015, 2:07 pm
BE addict

Vinem - spreadsheet updated with the date you received COPR.

Good luck with the flagpoling
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,

I received my COPR this morning. I'm mega chuffed that it's taken (just) under a year.

Many thanks for everyone's support and guidance as it wasn't a smooth application for me (had MP involvement, the wrong Police Cert and all sorts!!)
Good luck to everyone waiting especially AB - man your numbers gotta be up soon.

I'll keep you all updated with my landing etc.

Happy Christmas!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.