Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 9th 2015, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

anglogerman, spreadsheet updated.

cocamoe11 - when did ECAS change to say you were in process? Not the date it says but the date it actually changed. I updated the spreadsheet with your doc request.
Old Oct 9th 2015, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

aknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all,

Not sure if this is really the right thread but for anyone wondering about PR card timelines mine arrived today after 'landing' on August 11th.

Andi
Old Oct 10th 2015, 5:24 am
Just Joined

Destrike is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!

So I'd like to be added to the spreadsheet, but I do also have a question or two as I'm not 100% if my info is correct. I'm from the UK currently living in Vancouver in a visitor capacity. My wife is sponsoring me and thus far we've been using her details to login via eCas. I do not currently have the ability to login with my details and I have not received any correspondence with any application number nor my own UCI.

Today through my Wife's eCas, the details for my portion of the application changed from "We received the application" to "We started processing" (with a date from back in July).

So my questions are, since we have SA, should I have or will be receiving some sort of info to access my own eCas account? Also as it's now "In processing" through my wife's account.. does that mean I'm actually now being processed? (Going by other applications in London I was expecting a 6-8ish month wait to get to this point).

So.. Assuming my portion of the application is now "In Process", these would be my dates:

Married.
Medical: Jan 19th 2015.
Application received: May 4th 2015.
SA: July 6th 2015.
Processing office: London
In Process? (see above): October 9th 2015.
Old Oct 10th 2015, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Destrike
Hi everyone!

So I'd like to be added to the spreadsheet, but I do also have a question or two as I'm not 100% if my info is correct. I'm from the UK currently living in Vancouver in a visitor capacity. My wife is sponsoring me and thus far we've been using her details to login via eCas. I do not currently have the ability to login with my details and I have not received any correspondence with any application number nor my own UCI.

Today through my Wife's eCas, the details for my portion of the application changed from "We received the application" to "We started processing" (with a date from back in July).

So my questions are, since we have SA, should I have or will be receiving some sort of info to access my own eCas account? Also as it's now "In processing" through my wife's account.. does that mean I'm actually now being processed? (Going by other applications in London I was expecting a 6-8ish month wait to get to this point).

So.. Assuming my portion of the application is now "In Process", these would be my dates:

Married.
Medical: Jan 19th 2015.
Application received: May 4th 2015.
SA: July 6th 2015.
Processing office: London
In Process? (see above): October 9th 2015.
Hi Destrike, I have added you to the spreadsheet.

If you view your sponsor approval letter/email attachment, you will see a section at the top underneath the date, something like this:

UCI: 12345678
Application: F000123456

When checking ECAS choose Application Number / Case Number and use the Application value from your sponsor approval doc. The rest of the details you enter (family name, date of birth, place of birth) can be either your sponsor's or your own.

If London requires documents from you, you will most likely receive an email from them assuming you provided an email address. Any requests from London will include a UCI which you can use to access ECAS.

Checking ECAS with your sponsor's details (either UCI or file number) will show the status of both the sponsor and permanent residence application, however checking with your UCI (when you find out what it is) or the file number and your name,dob etc will only show the status of the permanent residence application.

Roughly since May 2015 CIC seems to have introduced a new protocol where they set the permanent residence application status to In Process shortly after it is received at the visa office responsible for stage 2, in your case London.

That is why it mentions a date in July as you received sponsor approval in early July.

However it is too early to say if it means they are actually processing it, my gut is no, which is a bummer for applicants as they have no way of knowing when their files are actually being worked on. For example I applied in September 2014 and my application only went In Process on September 7th 2014, which I assume means it is actually being processed.

I would say add a year to when your file went in process and you should have your visa by then, but hopefully sooner.

Good luck!
Old Oct 10th 2015, 9:45 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew has covered everything I was going to say. I'll just add that my husband (whom I sponsored) was ever able to log into ecas himself, we always used my details. Make sure you're selecting England/Scotland/Wales/NI and not United Kingdom as your country of birth, the rest of the info should be in your SA letter.
Old Oct 10th 2015, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Skyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

An update on 10th October 2015:

"We started processing your application on July 16'.

Looks like progress!

Keith
Old Oct 10th 2015, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spreadsheet updated Skyva.
Old Oct 10th 2015, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Destrike is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help guys.

Just so I know what I'm looking at on the spreadsheet, going from 2014 and the 2 completed this year via the London office, it seems applications are close to being completed once it starts into the "In Process" portion. Has something changed recently? You mentioned a protocol change, but I read that as meaning the dates they state will be close to when they receive it, and that once it changes from "We received your application for permanent residence on May 4, 2015." to "We started processing your application on July 13, 2015." No matter the date it states, it means someone has likely started work on your application?

I mean no disrespect to you guys who have waited close to a year already but what causes the big gaps of time for some? Spreadsheet has numbers of 150-250ish days from SA to DM on average.
Old Oct 10th 2015, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi there.

When I went In Process on September 7th 2014 I took the last 20 or so London approvals and calculated that the average from going in process to receiving DM was about 33 days at that time.

I just took all London approvals from July 2015 up until today, only looking at visa exempt applications and applications with an in process date, and the average is 37 days.

When London receives applications from Mississauga they are first scanned/entered into their system and I think a new part of this procedure is setting them as In Process, I do not think they are actually In Process, but we will know in a couple of months time if they start to get decisions made.

If it is the case that applications received after May 2015 are actually in process as soon as they are received then it is yet another slap in the face for those who applied prior to 2015. I have been waiting since September 2014, there are others who applied prior to me and they are still waiting, so I hope for justice sake that recent applications join the back of the queue.
Old Oct 10th 2015, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Upside down is an unknown quantity at this point

Follow this site avidly but for varying personal reasons it is difficult to post. Application was submitted end of February and was sent to London for stage 2 end of April. This has very recently been changed to in progress. Is that likely to be a real in progress or an updated process in progress ?

I must admit I struggle to understand the process and the reasoning behind why some applications seem to take so much longer than others.

Has anyone managed to figure out logical explanations for this? For example do you think people with young children get prioritized above those with none or do common law partners take a back seat to married partners or is it really just pot luck. Just curious and interested I know they seem work in mysterious ways
Old Oct 12th 2015, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

willf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by willf
Received my COPR yesterday Only problem is they put my old passport number on it, even though I emailed them with my new number when I renewed my passport, have emailed them to find out what I need to do, still I have until Aug 2016 to land

Went to the border at Carway AB this morning, landed with no problems, they were able to change the passport number on my COPR, they said they were able to amend minor items but not other things i.e., change in marital status or name. Took about 10 minutes after waiting an hour for 1 of the 2 officers on duty to finish another task.

Thanks for all the assistance from this forum and good luck to everyone waiting

Edit, still waiting for a reply from CIC London to the 2 emails I sent asking what I should do regarding wrong passport number on my COPR

Last edited by willf; Oct 12th 2015 at 1:11 am.
Old Oct 12th 2015, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

dminty is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, please can you add me t othe spreadsheet?

VISA OFFICE London
Conjugal
Application Rec'd by CPC-M
per 3rd party (post/courier) 04-21-2015
Destination in Canada Vancouver BC
Medical Date 02-21-2015
Application Sent 04-19-2015
STAGE 1 AOR (if any) 05/06/2015
New Form Request
(Feb 2015) None
eCAS Status for Sponsor Decision Made
Sponsorship Approval (SA) 06-16-2015
Medical Received in eCAS 03/03/2015
eCAS Status for PR Applicant In Process (changed on 9th October from Application rcvd)
Old Oct 13th 2015, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

DMinty you already posted on canadavisa.
Old Oct 13th 2015, 3:13 pm
Perfer et obdura

Location: Birmingham 26 years, Germany 20 years, in Toronto since 2015
anglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this is relevant to timeline, but according to ECAS, London started processing my application on March 3, although they didn't update ECAS until a few days ago.
Just received an e-mail this morning asking about illness we've had/places we've been since our medicals just over a year ago, so that they can decide whether we need more medicals.
Old Oct 13th 2015, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spreadsheet updated anglogerman, you are nearly there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.