Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 18th 2015, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by anglogerman
Update for the spreadsheet: husband was approved as a sponsor on 17th Feb 2015. Our case is being transferred to London for processing. We were hoping they'd keep it in Canada, but at least they aren't sending it to Vienna, which was the other possibility and would have taken a lot longer....
Spreadsheet updated, thanks!
Old Feb 18th 2015, 4:25 pm
Perfer et obdura

Location: Birmingham 26 years, Germany 20 years, in Toronto since 2015
anglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Posted this a few days ago re: 29 months, worth repeating I guess!
Missed it the first time round, thanks. Fingers crossed anyway - we're not absolutely straightforward, both husband and I are divorced and I am bringing my son from my first marriage; son is travelling on a German passport as my ex was German and I've been living in Germany for the past 20 years.

On the other hand, a Pakistani colleague of my husband's said it took 33 months for his wife to be granted PR...
Old Feb 19th 2015, 5:22 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Why do they bother having people working for the CIC call centre?? rant over.

So I phoned CIC to say that I haven't received any information yet after seeing decision made to see if they could tell me if I had been approved or not (yes I know but I am bored at work).

She said that the correspondence was sent to my sponsor. Then she told me that the case was still open and it had been to quick for a decision to be made? I said does that mean there is an error in the system, she said no... So I said online it tells me decision made for both part 1 and 2. She said yes the decision was made to send it to a case worker for the second stage. At this point I gave up and said ok thanks for your help.

I am sure this cant be a glitch.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

rozzle89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cbrown89

So I phoned CIC to say that I haven't received any information yet after seeing decision made to see if they could tell me if I had been approved or not (yes I know but I am bored at work).

She said that the correspondence was sent to my sponsor. Then she told me that the case was still open and it had been to quick for a decision to be made? I said does that mean there is an error in the system, she said no... So I said online it tells me decision made for both part 1 and 2. She said yes the decision was made to send it to a case worker for the second stage. At this point I gave up and said ok thanks for your help.

It sounds to me like she simply didn't know and was trying to cover up the fact that she didn't, lol. Perhaps they don't have access to the information on the part of the system she was using. Perhaps she is new. Who knows?

I think if the correspondence has been sent in the mail, it's just a case of waiting it out... I know that's what I would do.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough

From what I've read on this forum I don't think the call centre can be really relied on for accurate information lol
Old Feb 19th 2015, 6:16 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patterson
From what I've read on this forum I don't think the call centre can be really relied on for accurate information lol
+1 I agree, they seems to give out some very strange info sometimes. Try to stay calm and I hope the letter comes quickly for you
Old Feb 19th 2015, 7:38 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by cbrown89

1. Well if they are following the Privacy Act, the information on the sponsorship decision is your sponsors. So they shouldn't be releasing it to you.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

My current IEC runs out in May 19th. I don't think I'll have a answer on my PR by then. Has anyone here applied to change status to a visitor through sending the paperwork to CPC vergeville or is it easier for me just to do a border cross and take all info with me?
When would be the best time to send paperwork if so? End of March?
Thanks as always troops!

Last edited by Divvym1; Feb 19th 2015 at 8:54 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 8:23 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Princesstigger
+1 I agree, they seems to give out some very strange info sometimes. Try to stay calm and I hope the letter comes quickly for you
Exactly this.

"I want to call CIC and ask x."

"Don't bother, you won't get the answers you want."

Later...

"I called CIC, they gave me crap information and now km freaking out!"

"yes, we told you that..."

Old Feb 19th 2015, 9:30 pm
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Divvym1
My current IEC runs out in May 19th. I don't think I'll have a answer on my PR by then. Has anyone here applied to change status to a visitor through sending the paperwork to CPC vergeville or is it easier for me just to do a border cross and take all info with me?
When would be the best time to send paperwork if so? End of March?
Thanks as always troops!

I am in the same situation as you mate... Dont want to go home but won't be able to work...

Although i just had an email today from. CIC to confirm they got my application way back in November... This good news for stage 1...!?
Old Feb 19th 2015, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snuggs
I am in the same situation as you mate... Dont want to go home but won't be able to work...

Although i just had an email today from. CIC to confirm they got my application way back in November... This good news for stage 1...!?
Think going to border is probably easiest although always the chance of being refused, same as online I guess..
Yeah, sucks not being able to work but hopefully only for a little while. Yea rather wait it out here with my partner.

Or maybe she will let me go do a months stretch in Ibiza with some buddy's?
Old Feb 19th 2015, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Also side note, I'm not receiving any email notifications from BE anymore. Can anyone help, I have the setting on meeehhhhh!!

Got it wooo!!

Last edited by Divvym1; Feb 20th 2015 at 1:05 am.
Old Feb 20th 2015, 12:27 am
Just Joined

maliksam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello forum, Would like to be added to the spreadsheet.

-Date application received in Mississauga: November 06, 2014
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law: Married
-Date of sponsor approval: February 12, 2015
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email): London
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had: None
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt: Yes
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!: Chester, UK

Let the waiting begin
Old Feb 20th 2015, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maliksam
Hello forum, Would like to be added to the spreadsheet.

-Date application received in Mississauga: November 06, 2014
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law: Married
-Date of sponsor approval: February 12, 2015
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email): London
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had: None
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt: Yes
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!: Chester, UK

Let the waiting begin
Welcome to the forum!

I have added you to the spreadsheet. Good luck!
Old Feb 20th 2015, 12:44 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Exactly this.

"I want to call CIC and ask x."

"Don't bother, you won't get the answers you want."

Later...

"I called CIC, they gave me crap information and now km freaking out!"

"yes, we told you that..."

I know I know I know....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.