Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 17th 2015, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Well the other thing I've noticed, and this may be a totally dumb question- the links to the new specs both state for two photos, one needs to have the photo studio info and my name and dob to be printed on the back. Since they've asked for four photos, will two need to have that info printed? I just really don't want to screw this up!!!
Old Feb 17th 2015, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patterson
Thanks, that's exactly what I did last time so I'm a little confused by this. I'm looking on the bright side that at least someone in London is taking a look at our app?
There has been a few requests for updated photos so it remains to be seen if there are new guidelines for the photos, and if so, if LVO is making applicants who applied before the new guidelines send in corrected photos.

I am interested in your case though as you applied after me, so far I have had no communication from London.
Old Feb 17th 2015, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

cberry is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question for everyone - I sent my application to Mississauga last week, and UPS tracking information confirms this was signed for at Mississauga last Friday, the 13th. However, we haven't heard anything from the CIC confirming that they have received this application. When are we likely to hear? And what date will they record as the "Date application received in Mississauga" - the 13th, or the date they get around to opening up the application and doing the preliminary processing steps?

The second question is very important as my UK Police Certificate will be 3 months old as of this Friday, the 20th, so ideally I need the "date received" to be recorded asap.

Thanks!
Old Feb 17th 2015, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Well the other thing I've noticed, and this may be a totally dumb question- the links to the new specs both state for two photos, one needs to have the photo studio info and my name and dob to be printed on the back. Since they've asked for four photos, will two need to have that info printed? I just really don't want to screw this up!!!
I am not at home at the moment so cannot check the copy of my application but the western Europe guide seems to be the same. Did they request something different than what is stated in the photo appendix?
Old Feb 17th 2015, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cberry
Quick question for everyone - I sent my application to Mississauga last week, and UPS tracking information confirms this was signed for at Mississauga last Friday, the 13th. However, we haven't heard anything from the CIC confirming that they have received this application. When are we likely to hear? And what date will they record as the "Date application received in Mississauga" - the 13th, or the date they get around to opening up the application and doing the preliminary processing steps?

The second question is very important as my UK Police Certificate will be 3 months old as of this Friday, the 20th, so ideally I need the "date received" to be recorded asap.

Thanks!
The date received will be the date the application was received by CIC Mississauga.

Your application was received prior to the 20th so your police certificate was valid. No worries there.

Expect to hear something around about 90 days from the date your application was received.
Old Feb 17th 2015, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

The two links included in the email request were:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...998E_tempA.pdf
And
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...f/5445EB-e.pdf
Old Feb 17th 2015, 8:32 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

well, that's different from the country specific guide for Western Europe!
Old Feb 17th 2015, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
The date received will be the date the application was received by CIC Mississauga.

Your application was received prior to the 20th so your police certificate was valid. No worries there.

Expect to hear something around about 90 days from the date your application was received.
Thanks! I should probably add my details to the spreadsheet then: Received in Mississauga 13th February, Married, Location is London, UK.
Old Feb 17th 2015, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Is it worth me sending an email with my question does anyone think?
Old Feb 17th 2015, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks! I should probably add my details to the spreadsheet then: Received in Mississauga 13th February, Married, Location is London, UK.
I added you to the spreadsheet, thanks!
Old Feb 17th 2015, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

I added you to the spreadsheet, thanks!
minor typo - name is cberry not cherry
Old Feb 17th 2015, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

minor typo - name is cberry not cherry
Fixed!
Old Feb 17th 2015, 9:09 pm
Thankful

dtkb1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, this is normal behaviour for your ECAS to be updated a couple of days after you receive sponsor approval.
Thank you as always Andrewbrit ... the small little changes that seem so big during this process lol
Old Feb 17th 2015, 11:07 pm
Perfer et obdura

Location: Birmingham 26 years, Germany 20 years, in Toronto since 2015
anglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond repute

Update for the spreadsheet: husband was approved as a sponsor on 17th Feb 2015. Our case is being transferred to London for processing. We were hoping they'd keep it in Canada, but at least they aren't sending it to Vienna, which was the other possibility and would have taken a lot longer....
Old Feb 18th 2015, 2:27 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Ehh what is happening here?

We received CBROWN89 application for permanent residence on October 14, 2014.

We started processing <snip>'s application on February 12, 2015.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on CBROWN89's application. The office will contact CBROWN89 concerning this decision.

It says Decision Made for both Sponsorship Application Status and Permanent Residence Application Status... This makes me nervous... And when I say nervous I mean that was too quick and I don't want to of been rejected...

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 18th 2015 at 12:09 pm. Reason: Full name removed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.