Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 5th 2015, 4:17 pm
mec
Forum Regular

mec will become famous soon enough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Worth dropping them an email and just saying "FYI my meds expire in 6 weeks, pleas elet me know if yuo'd like me to redo them." They'll either ask you to redo them, or extend them themselves. No harm in asking. Worst case they don't respond, and you just have to wait and see!
Hi all - to report back I received a standard reply... paraphrasing:

"no need to re-do medical unless we ask. we might extend but not guaranteed as each case is different. We'll be in touch in due course"

So none the wiser and it didn't work any magic on jump starting application, but was worth a try I guess

I'll get back in the queue....
Old Feb 5th 2015, 4:18 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mec
Hi all - to report back I received a standard reply... paraphrasing:

"no need to re-do medical unless we ask. we might extend but not guaranteed as each case is different. We'll be in touch in due course"

So none the wiser and it didn't work any magic on jump starting application, but was worth a try I guess

I'll get back in the queue....
At least you got an answer, so you aren't totally in the dark - worst case scenario was exactly that would happen, which isn't exactly a bad thing, so no need to stress about it at all! They at least have had it flagged and they'll decide what to do. Good luck!
Old Feb 5th 2015, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

This is perhaps a little bit off-topic... but some of you guys might find this interesting.

Occasionally when I have some time to kill but don't want to make it look totally obvious that I'm procrastinating at work, I'll read up on federal appeals cases for immigration. It helps give an idea of the types of things that CIC consider when evaluating a relationship and/or an application. I am doing that this morning. Here are a few interesting ones.

This one is a relationship between a 40 year old and a 71 year old... tons of flags, inconsistencies in their stories, contradictory evidence, and so on: https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc...nlii79205.html

This one is a woman who sponsored two previous husbands and divorced them shortly after their arrival in Canada... her sponsorship of her third husband took a total of 7 years to be resolved (ultimately dismissed upon appeal), but the appeal notes have oodles of information from their interviews etc and is quite interesting: https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc...nlii81655.html

Enjoy!
You must have the best Job in the world SchnookoLoly.
That makes interesting reading, I can't argue with either case based on that. I would like to give kudos to the 71 year old though
Old Feb 5th 2015, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

garethr1989 is an unknown quantity at this point

Application sent yesterday

I guess now we play the waiting game...
Old Feb 5th 2015, 10:43 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

This is perhaps a little bit off-topic... but some of you guys might find this interesting.

Occasionally when I have some time to kill but don't want to make it look totally obvious that I'm procrastinating at work, I'll read up on federal appeals cases for immigration. It helps give an idea of the types of things that CIC consider when evaluating a relationship and/or an application. I am doing that this morning. Here are a few interesting ones.

This one is a relationship between a 40 year old and a 71 year old... tons of flags, inconsistencies in their stories, contradictory evidence, and so on: https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc...nlii79205.html

This one is a woman who sponsored two previous husbands and divorced them shortly after their arrival in Canada... her sponsorship of her third husband took a total of 7 years to be resolved (ultimately dismissed upon appeal), but the appeal notes have oodles of information from their interviews etc and is quite interesting: https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc...nlii81655.html

Enjoy!

1. Some very interesting reading regarding Condition 51, where you have to reside with your sponsor for 2 years after "landing" . This case appears to be the first one, where a removal order was issued, and an appeal filed.

2. The sponsor appears to be a bit of a loony tune, but it shows that CIC/CBSA will be taking condition 51 on spouses seriously.

CanLII - 2014 CanLII 70005 (CA IRB)
Old Feb 6th 2015, 1:02 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Some very interesting reading regarding Condition 51, where you have to reside with your sponsor for 2 years after "landing" . This case appears to be the first one, where a removal order was issued, and an appeal filed.

2. The sponsor appears to be a bit of a loony tune, but it shows that CIC/CBSA will be taking condition 51 on spouses seriously.

CanLII - 2014 CanLII 70005 (CA IRB)
WOW, that was a fascinating read, well spotted. It's really interesting to read how much detail CIC is going into with determining whether an exemption from the condition applies or not - and it appears they are being exceptionally strict about it.

That sponsor is clearly completely loony tunes, though!
Old Feb 6th 2015, 10:13 pm
Perfer et obdura

Location: Birmingham 26 years, Germany 20 years, in Toronto since 2015
anglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond repute

Need some advice on what to do next? (outland spousal application still awaiting sponsorship approval)

Our documents were received on 27 Oct, and just before Christmas we had a request to resubmit IMM008 (we had accidentally submitted an out-of-date version). They said that we had to do this within 45 days or risk losing our place in the processing queue; we actually submitted it within the week.

A couple of weeks ago, we noticed they were processing applications dating from November, so my husband (who is the sponsor) phoned the call centre to try and find out what's going on. The woman who answered said she couldn't find our case in the database but would contact the CIC on our behalf so that they could tell us what's happening. However, we haven't heard a thing so far.

I am really starting to get my knickers in a knot over this. Is this normal, or should we call the hotline again, or is there someplace else we should try and contact...? I think I'll hit the ceiling if it turns out they've put us back in the queue after all....
Old Feb 7th 2015, 1:16 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Just call again all you can do. Did you receive an email confirming receipt? It should have an app number on it.
Old Feb 7th 2015, 8:56 am
Perfer et obdura

Location: Birmingham 26 years, Germany 20 years, in Toronto since 2015
anglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Just call again all you can do. Did you receive an email confirming receipt? It should have an app number on it.
That's what's worrying me - there was a file number in the mail asking for a resubmission but the woman at the call center couldn't find it in the system?!
Old Feb 8th 2015, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

rafi.london is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi Guys,

New to this forum. A little about myself, Canadian Citizen, married on Dec 2013 to my husband who is on Indefinite Leave to Remain in UK. I have applied for the Family Class - Spouse Sponsorship package for London, UK office. Please see my timeline below:

Application Sent: Sept. 8th 2014
Mississauga Received Application: Sept. 11th 2014
Sponsor Eligibility Approved: Oct. 27th 2014
Medical Results Received: Nov. 27th 2014
Decision Made: Still Waiting... it's hard!!

We haven't gotten an interview notice, and our medical results have been received. How long do you think it's going to take for my husband's COPR to come in the mail? It's been a long time, (4 months now) and need to know an estimate on how others timeline have been like? If anybody can please reply to this post, would really appreciate some reassurance! Thank you!

Rafi.London
Old Feb 8th 2015, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rafi.london
Hi Guys,

New to this forum. A little about myself, Canadian Citizen, married on Dec 2013 to my husband who is on Indefinite Leave to Remain in UK. I have applied for the Family Class - Spouse Sponsorship package for London, UK office. Please see my timeline below:

Application Sent: Sept. 8th 2014
Mississauga Received Application: Sept. 11th 2014
Sponsor Eligibility Approved: Oct. 27th 2014
Medical Results Received: Nov. 27th 2014
Decision Made: Still Waiting... it's hard!!

We haven't gotten an interview notice, and our medical results have been received. How long do you think it's going to take for my husband's COPR to come in the mail? It's been a long time, (4 months now) and need to know an estimate on how others timeline have been like? If anybody can please reply to this post, would really appreciate some reassurance! Thank you!

Rafi.London
Could be anywhere from 4 months to over a year wait, so buckle in lol. Check the link under SchnookoLoly name, there is a spreadsheet with all the info anyone needs GL
Old Feb 8th 2015, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

rafi.london is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, i figured as much. But was hoping for some reassurance. Everything is fine, even the 'received medical results' has been showing up since Oct 29th 2014, was hoping for some light to be shed as to how others waiting periods went... how soon did everybody else receive their COPRs?? Any timelines would be helpful. Hoping to meet my family and friends this August... should be confirmed by then, shouldn't it??
Old Feb 8th 2015, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, i figured as much. But was hoping for some reassurance. Everything is fine, even the 'received medical results' has been showing up since Oct 29th 2014, was hoping for some light to be shed as to how others waiting periods went... how soon did everybody else receive their COPRs?? Any timelines would be helpful. Hoping to meet my family and friends this August... should be confirmed by then, shouldn't it??
Check the spreadsheet lol everyone's timeline is in it.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 5:03 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Divvym1
Check the spreadsheet lol everyone's timeline is in it.

AS Divvym1 replied to you, check the spreadsheet. That's what it is there for! It will give you lots of info on timelines.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anglogerman
Need some advice on what to do next? (outland spousal application still awaiting sponsorship approval)

Our documents were received on 27 Oct, and just before Christmas we had a request to resubmit IMM008 (we had accidentally submitted an out-of-date version). They said that we had to do this within 45 days or risk losing our place in the processing queue; we actually submitted it within the week.

A couple of weeks ago, we noticed they were processing applications dating from November, so my husband (who is the sponsor) phoned the call centre to try and find out what's going on. The woman who answered said she couldn't find our case in the database but would contact the CIC on our behalf so that they could tell us what's happening. However, we haven't heard a thing so far.

I am really starting to get my knickers in a knot over this. Is this normal, or should we call the hotline again, or is there someplace else we should try and contact...? I think I'll hit the ceiling if it turns out they've put us back in the queue after all....
For spreadsheet purposes do you know the exact date you received the request for the updated form?

The request would have mentioned a number of days (30/45/60) which means you have that number of days to get the document to them. This is known as a "bring forward date" and generally they will not look at your application until that date has passed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.