Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:32 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by reenie87
Yes great idea, saves you alot of bother too! Ha did you start the spreadsheet yourself? My boyfriend and I checked it constantly, it's a great idea for everyone and we really appreciate your hard work and upkeep on it.
Nope, was started back in 2010 by PinkLady on CanadaVisa.com I believe. I think she found it too much to keep up herself, then it was just left as an open spreadsheet so people could update themselves, but then some d-bags decided to start deleting data and writing expletives in it... so someone made a backup and shared a new one. A few of us here were made editors on it (me, michty7, scottish_maple, and I think 1-2 others) and we just maintain it.

I agree, it's fantastic - I checked it constantly as well when i was applying (you'll find me in January 2012). It's a great way to get a clear indication of processing times, since you can see exactly what's happening to those who have applied around the same time as you. I think it's great and I'm happy to be one of the helpers! (my file was approved a year ago, but I still hang around here and try to pay it forward - people around here were so helpful when I was applying, so this is just paying back the kindness!)
Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

George1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by reenie87
Hey everyone,

I finally got a "decision made" yesterday! Yay! Now I just need to wait for the post and hope all is good. Looks like things have finally started to pick up in London so I'm wishing all the best for everyone else. I think the processing times will start reducing and slowly go back to normal. Fingers crossed!
Congratulations, that is fantastic, to be honest my application went into process last Monday and since finding out I have constant butterflies, its so tense lol but it makes me really happy to hear of those who are getting that little bit closer!!!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

reenie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Nope, was started back in 2010 by PinkLady on CanadaVisa.com I believe. I think she found it too much to keep up herself, then it was just left as an open spreadsheet so people could update themselves, but then some d-bags decided to start deleting data and writing expletives in it... so someone made a backup and shared a new one. A few of us here were made editors on it (me, michty7, scottish_maple, and I think 1-2 others) and we just maintain it.

I agree, it's fantastic - I checked it constantly as well when i was applying (you'll find me in January 2012). It's a great way to get a clear indication of processing times, since you can see exactly what's happening to those who have applied around the same time as you. I think it's great and I'm happy to be one of the helpers! (my file was approved a year ago, but I still hang around here and try to pay it forward - people around here were so helpful when I was applying, so this is just paying back the kindness!)

Well I'm glad you guys took over then! Your hard work doesn't go unnoticed!! Thank you for all the support, this forum has been my go to throughout the whole experience, it's nice to hear from others in the same boat!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

reenie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by George1987
Congratulations, that is fantastic, to be honest my application went into process last Monday and since finding out I have constant butterflies, its so tense lol but it makes me really happy to hear of those who are getting that little bit closer!!!
Thank you, yep things are looking up and moving more steady now, so best of luck!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

kstreat is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent an inquiry today just to confirm that they had received the updated police check and to my surprise got a reply within a few hours saying that it has been received and the application has now been approved! Also that we should get the paper work shortly.

Time to start planning the move!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kstreat
I sent an inquiry today just to confirm that they had received the updated police check and to my surprise got a reply within a few hours saying that it has been received and the application has now been approved! Also that we should get the paper work shortly.

Woohoo! Congrats!

London is properly motoring currently
Old Aug 21st 2013, 4:23 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Can you show your time line? That would help others who are waiting.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 4:26 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Can you show your time line? That would help others who are waiting.
I can also then add you to the spreadsheet!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

kstreat is an unknown quantity at this point

I am on the spreadsheet as kstreat - end of 2012 applicant.....
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

jakeandmel is an unknown quantity at this point

Well that is a bit of a surprise - I just logged in to check the status and it says:

Started Processing August 19th

Medical Results Received

Decision Made

Looks like London is starting to move things along! Anyone know what the approx wait is now for the magic letter to arrive? Assuming the decision is a good one!
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 4:40 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

So...while PAFSO is on strike the applications are moving through just fine , possibly even faster...
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 5:10 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

As I have mentioned PAFSO officers normally do not do spousal and other family class cases so the only impediment is the summer student rush and postings and holidays.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

That is great news. Looking forward to seeing you turn RED on the ss!!
Old Aug 26th 2013, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

tcballerina is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to all those who have made it this far or better!

Our status FINALLY changed to "Decision Made" on Friday, while we were relaxing in Muskoka. That made our weekend as we've been waiting since LAST August for a decision!! Now only a few weeks (or days?) for that magic piece of paper and we're set.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 9:03 am
Just Joined

jakeandmel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottish_maple
That is great news. Looking forward to seeing you turn RED on the ss!!
Thanks! We just await the arrival of the letter..

Can someone update the spreadsheet? Went in Process 19th August, Decision Made 22nd August..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.