Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 18th 2013, 4:54 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Don't say that!!! They are 20 and 21!!!!!!!!!!
Well that is an indication of insincerity perhaps. Visa officers will think so.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Well that is an indication of insincerity perhaps. Visa officers will think so.
That's what Aviator just said too... But as a parent I really would rather my son didn't get married at the age of 20!
Time will tell then...maybe it is decision time!
Old Aug 19th 2013, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

IzzyR has a brilliant futureIzzyR has a brilliant futureIzzyR has a brilliant futureIzzyR has a brilliant futureIzzyR has a brilliant futureIzzyR has a brilliant futureIzzyR has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by orly
Crossed over into the US and back today to get my PR activated.

First mistake was deciding it would be a good idea to go into the US for a few hours and do some shopping/have some lunch. After sitting for about 90 minutes just to get to the Peace Bridge I end up with Captain Anal at the American booths literally checking ever car top to bottom and taking forever. Finally get up front and not even so much as a grunt before he started laying into me for having one of those expired green card things they give you. Been into the US multiple times over the years and never "handed them in" but you'd have thought I was a war criminal. It was actually a few weeks out of date maximum. I had to try hard not to laugh when he said i'd have to "prove" I left the US. I pointed out the Canadian stamp underneath the card showing the date I re-entered Canada but stopped short of explaining how I was driving towards the US from inside Canada and thus had left the US at some point previous to our encounter...

Shown inside their building as per usual (being a foreigner) and sat for about 2 hours waiting to get relieved of my $6 and allowed to be on my way. It is August and it is Saturday so it wasn't too much of a surprise really that it was busy.

Bought a few nice pairs of trainers though once I finally got to Buffalo.

Going back, again as per usual, a far more civilised affair. Took maybe 15 minutes to get up to the booth as they had about 12 stations open. The yanks seem to operate about 7. Canadian border guards can speak. They don't mess you around or give you the inquisition. Shown inside a building where the waiting time was about 3 minutes to get seen. Fairly serious but still pleasant chap behind the desk asked a few questions - sign here - don't lose this form - wait a few weeks for your PR card - congratulations you're a PR - see ya. Took about 5 minutes total. Felt sorry for a group of Indians next to me though. They'd clearly made a mess of something and weren't getting very far despite having their COPRs just the same as me.

HUGE congrats Orly! I have been away and out of the BE loop for some time but so pleased to see the PR FINALLY came through for you. Good work with the MP too!
Old Aug 20th 2013, 12:15 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IzzyR
HUGE congrats Orly! I have been away and out of the BE loop for some time but so pleased to see the PR FINALLY came through for you. Good work with the MP too!
All rather speedy in the end.

Basically went from having no idea what was happening to being told it was done and having the letter couriered and in my hand in the space of a day.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Orly, I know it's been a drag of a wait for you!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

S*** A BRICK!!!

I'm 'In Process' since Aug 13th!!! I've been checking every day since before then but just logged in after a few days camping and there it is.

I have seen how long it has taken some people once processing has started, but still...this is awesome news.

The timing couldn't be better given my IEC visa is approaching it's end.

Fingers crossed for plain sailing from here!

PS - If someone could update the spreadsheet that would be sweet.

Also I was signed up for that notification website and it never sent me an email of a change in status so perhaps it isn't compatible with the revamped ECAS?

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 21st 2013 at 2:35 am. Reason: Family forum.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

George1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by markstimson
S*** A BRICK!!!

I'm 'In Process' since Aug 13th!!! I've been checking every day since before then but just logged in after a few days camping and there it is.

I have seen how long it has taken some people once processing has started, but still...this is awesome news.

Also I was signed up for that notification website and it never sent me an email of a change in status so perhaps it isn't compatible with the revamped ECAS?
Mines went in process as of the 12th of august, I thought the initial wait was bad lol I find myself logging into CIC on my phone every 15mins or so

Good Luck with everything!! Eek!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

reenie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone,

I finally got a "decision made" yesterday! Yay! Now I just need to wait for the post and hope all is good. Looks like things have finally started to pick up in London so I'm wishing all the best for everyone else. I think the processing times will start reducing and slowly go back to normal. Fingers crossed!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by markstimson
S*** A BRICK!!!

Congrats that's awesome! I also didn't get an email notification of changed status.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:17 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reenie87
Hey everyone,

I finally got a "decision made" yesterday! Yay! Now I just need to wait for the post and hope all is good. Looks like things have finally started to pick up in London so I'm wishing all the best for everyone else. I think the processing times will start reducing and slowly go back to normal. Fingers crossed!
Congrats!!!

Updated you on the spreadsheet, hopefully you get your paperwork sooN!!!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Congrats!!!

Updated you on the spreadsheet, hopefully you get your paperwork sooN!!!
Great, thanks a lot! I feel postive that it will be a good decision but still have this little nervous thought until I see the confirmation letter! Ill keep you updated I'm so sorry to be a pain, I know you get asked for it constantly but can you p,ease send me the spreadsheet to have a look at. I never know where to find it
Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:21 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Linked in my signature.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Linked in my signature.
Wow that was dumb of me, I never knew that! I always search back in the forum for it! Doh!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:24 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by reenie87
Wow that was dumb of me, I never knew that! I always search back in the forum for it! Doh!
I only added it last week, people were constantly requesting it, so this is the much easier option for finding it quickly!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

I only added it last week, people were constantly requesting it, so this is the much easier option for finding it quickly!
Yes great idea, saves you alot of bother too! Ha did you start the spreadsheet yourself? My boyfriend and I checked it constantly, it's a great idea for everyone and we really appreciate your hard work and upkeep on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.