Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 26th 2013, 9:20 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by poppy88
correct, common law, outland, london, i found this form imm5409e there, it talks about getting our common law status signed by a commisioner of oaths
Only if you and your common-law partner are co-sponsoring a third person.

As per the checklist:
Originally Posted by CIC checklist
Original of completed Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409), if you have a co-signer and he or she is your common-law partner.
You do not have a co-signer, you are singly sponsoring your common-law partner, therefore this form does not apply to you!

And to avoid double-posting...

8ish weeks after i land, that answers another question, would i have to wait for 8 weeks until i can work again or after landing do i have infomation to get a nee sin enabaling me to work straight away (currently have an sin but on an IEC visa)

thanks for the info on posting a new thread
Nope, you can turn right around and leave as soon as you get to Canada if you want. You will have to supply a Canadian address for your PR card to be mailed to, though - read up on the Wiki section about this. You can still work - once you land you are officially a PR, you're just waiting for the card that makes your life easier, but in the meantime all you need is your paperwork. Your SIN should still be fine.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

poppy88 is an unknown quantity at this point

gosh these forms are so confusing, ive filled most out, but argh,
i dont understand what a co signer is! i know that sounds stupid but i cant seem to make sense of it, too many forms i'm filling out!

just that i know i dont have to fill out that form thats one less i can get rid of!

also, my current sin will only be valid until my iec runs out i take it or its only valid for a year or something? otherwise 'technically' i could still be in the country and work, of course id get found out and deported but, i thought the sin had an expiry date

not i think of it, they can;t have as i thought i would need to renew my sin when i started my 2nd iec but i didnt need to anything like that just used the same one!
Old Jul 26th 2013, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Uh oh. Looks like we're up the swanny again strikewise. The pressure on the government from major business' to resolve the dispute is intense. PAFSO hold all the cards so I believe this will be ended reasonably soon.

http://www.pafso.com/news_releases.php?newsID=159
Old Jul 26th 2013, 9:54 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

gosh these forms are so confusing, ive filled most out, but argh,
i dont understand what a co signer is! i know that sounds stupid but i cant seem to make sense of it, too many forms i'm filling out!
Let's say you wanted to sponsor someone else in your family, but you either didn't want to or couldn't take on the requirements of sponsoring that family member by yourself. In that case, you can co-sponsor with another person - so the third person is sponsored by two people who share the responsibilities of being a sponsor. If the two people, however, are not married, then they can apply as common-law co-sponsors, and to do that they have to fill out that form.

You, and only you, are sponsoring one person, and only one person, and that person is your common-law partner. You and your common-law partner cannot possibly sponsor your common-law partner... basically he can't sponsor himself! So this form doesn't apply to you.

Hopefully that makes more sense...

also, my current sin will only be valid until my iec runs out i take it or its only valid for a year or something? otherwise 'technically' i could still be in the country and work, of course id get found out and deported but, i thought the sin had an expiry date

not i think of it, they can;t have as i thought i would need to renew my sin when i started my 2nd iec but i didnt need to anything like that just used the same one!
Post a new topic and ask what others have done. I haven't been in that situation myself so can't comment, but I can almost guarantee that there are others around so just post that one and see what others have to say.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 11:22 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

landing? as i am already here in canada i would just do a flagpole or attend a landing interview, correct? but if my PR expires at the same time of my passport would it not be better to get a new passport now so i would have the full 5 years of residency rather than limit it to ending on june 2017? i do intend on staying in canada
I seem to have been unclear. Your passport can expire the day ofter you flagpole and it will not affect your PR status.!
Old Jul 27th 2013, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

idontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant futureidontlikestrikers has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Everybody in late 2012? Sorry, but that's not correct, there are a few cases on this forum but certainly not everyone from late 2012.

As I've said above, those that applied in late 2012 and got sponsor approval in early 2013 aren't actually delayed anyway - they've still got several months before their cases are considered outside of the timescales given by CIC (or even the timescales given when they applied). You haven't yet said when you applied and via which visa office, so none of us know whether or not your own case is outside of the normal timescale either.

But given the fact that you're residing in a 'third country' and given your place of birth, it's no surprise if your background checks are taking longer, and your application delay (if it is a delay) can certainly be explained easily.

HTH.
I go by the target time of 8 months set by CIC when I submitted my application and it was passed to London 4th September 2012 after Sponsor Approval. Since then London has moved the targeted time I believe on 2 occasions. My application has been waiting in London for nearly 11 months. Even when accounting for the goal posts moving there is clearly a delay. When my prospective employer and I contacted CIC using a case specific email and got no response and reports of a worldwide strike what do they expect people to think. If my third country was causing a problem then they could say that.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by idontlikestrikers
If my third country was causing a problem then they could say that.
It will definitely cause a delay, as will your place of birth. The more countries you've lived in, as a general rule, the longer it will take.

What did your CAIPS notes say?
Old Jul 29th 2013, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

dmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant futuredmiller has a brilliant future

Best Monday news ever! Our status has changed to 'decision made', phew! Could whoever is looking after the spreadsheet update our timeline? Name is dmiller, application received 13 Dec.

Orly, etc. - I have high hopes for this stubborn Dec. group this week!

Now.. hopefully the 'decision' that has been made is good!
Old Jul 29th 2013, 4:30 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmiller
Best Monday news ever! Our status has changed to 'decision made', phew! Could whoever is looking after the spreadsheet update our timeline? Name is dmiller, application received 13 Dec.

Old Jul 29th 2013, 4:52 pm
Concierge

Nevermind someone beat me to it!
Old Jul 29th 2013, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

reenie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news! Congratulations!! Our application was received dec 13th too, so fingers crossed! I was feeling very down seeing the update on the strike yesterday so maybe there is still hope!!
Old Jul 29th 2013, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

reenie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by reenie87
Great news! Congratulations!! Our application was received dec 13th too, so fingers crossed! I was feeling very down seeing the update on the strike yesterday so maybe there is still hope!!
Dmiller when did your application start getting processed? Ours was received dec 13th but didn't start processing until may 10th
Old Jul 29th 2013, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

deltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond repute

Our spousal application went in to London 27 August.
Sponsorship approved in October.
A few new papers were requested, and TB tests. All of these were taken care of with a month of the request. These requests happened last fall.

Other new police checks were requested for his daughter who turned 18 this Feb. these they got within two weeks.

We have been waiting for SOMETHING since.
I had lost any hope and didn't report to you guys that it went to " in process" four weeks ago.

In the mean time, my husband ( who is the non Canadian) has a possible job offer that we would like him to be able to take.
If his PR is not approved in the next month we will be in trouble.

Question:
Would an immigration lawyer be able to do anything?

By next week they will be over their stated wait times, however you count it.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 9:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deltadeliquent
Our spousal application went in to London 27 August.
Sponsorship approved in October.
A few new papers were requested, and TB tests. All of these were taken care of with a month of the request. These requests happened last fall.

Other new police checks were requested for his daughter who turned 18 this Feb. these they got within two weeks.

We have been waiting for SOMETHING since.
I had lost any hope and didn't report to you guys that it went to " in process" four weeks ago.

In the mean time, my husband ( who is the non Canadian) has a possible job offer that we would like him to be able to take.
If his PR is not approved in the next month we will be in trouble.

Question:
Would an immigration lawyer be able to do anything?

By next week they will be over their stated wait times, however you count it.
An immigration lawyer will not be able to expedite it any faster.

Your times will have been affected by both the TB testing and the police certificate requests, unfortunately.

Fingers crossed that it goes smoothly and quickly from here on in.

Old Jul 30th 2013, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

deltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't think a lawyer could do anything.
It is incredibly frustrating to see others applications going through who applied so much later than us. But congrats for them!

Our application is straight forward. They have decided to make it difficult.
TB tests both original X-rays and secondary ones showed nothing.
Police checks: empty. And both of those were ages ago.

At what point do I think they have forgotten or lost the application?

Does anyone know how long it takes for an employer to get a work permit for someone? It is easily shown that there is no one in Canada, indeed any country, that can do my husband's job....

Don't they know they are missing out on all that income tax?

I want to spit!

Last edited by deltadeliquent; Jul 30th 2013 at 12:35 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.