Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 9th 2012, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

BritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the rough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

How do they inform the sponsor that they have been approved (or not) to sponsor? I was unsure whether they send a letter to the UK (where I reside) or not.
Old Jun 9th 2012, 12:59 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritBob
How do they inform the sponsor that they have been approved (or not) to sponsor? I was unsure whether they send a letter to the UK (where I reside) or not.
If you provided an email address on your application form then they'll contact you by email. If you didn't then they'll send a letter to the address you specified on the form.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone else provide evidence/proof of background for applicant?: I have swayed back and forth whether to add my CV, Academic Certificates, Proof of Employment etc to help speed up background checks...but I not sure if this is really necessary...
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

BritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the rough

I just logged into ecas using my client ID. It shows my wife with the application and showing "the application to sponsor Mrs BritBob was received on March 8th" under the sponsorship table, next to it on the same table it shows permanent resident application status "We received Mrs BritBobs application for permanent residence on March 8, 2012.". It also showed medical results were received underneath.

That is more or less what it says, does not say whether I was approved to sponsor or not.

From the above information does that look promising? I was not sure whether it did or not as it also shows her permanent residence application information too. I figured that would show that later once/if I was approved to sponsor and the app sent to London?

Confusing and nervous!!!
Old Jun 11th 2012, 7:01 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Quote: From the above information does that look promising? I was not sure whether it did or not as it also shows her permanent residence application information too. I figured that would show that later once/if I was approved to sponsor and the app sent to London?

Confusing and nervous!!! End Quote

All is going well so relax. The very best and healthiest policy when dealing with CIC! Also, it appears your medical was fine or they would not have received a result from the medical assessors.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

The fact it does not show if the sponsor (ie me) was approved is not a worry?

I'll update my info:

Application was sent to CIC-M and received in early March. I am the sponsor, I am sponsoring my wife and children. We all live in the UK.

Received a phone call from Ottawa last Monday, a visa officer wanted to ask me a couple of generic questions. Ecas shows both the sponsorship and permanent resident applications as received on March 8th. Under the permanent resident application it obviously shows my wife's name and also "medical results have been received".

We did our medicals back in February before sending in the application to CIC-M.

It does not show whether it is being processed, decision made or anything, just received. Clearly however the sponsor part is being looked at as the visa office who called me from Ottawa last week has been through the application and need to clarify a few things. I could hear him shuffling papers!

Ecas is a source of worry!!!

Is the medical results received something to be excited about?

Last edited by BritBob; Jun 11th 2012 at 9:16 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

The fact it does not show if the sponsor (ie me) was approved is not a worry?

I'll update my info:

Application was sent to CIC-M and received in early March. I am the sponsor, I am sponsoring my wife and children. We all live in the UK.

Received a phone call from Ottawa last Monday, a visa officer wanted to ask me a couple of generic questions. Ecas shows both the sponsorship and permanent resident applications as received on March 8th. Under the permanent resident application it obviously shows my wife's name and also "medical results have been received".

We did our medicals back in February before sending in the application to CIC-M.

It does not show whether it is being processed, decision made or anything, just received. Clearly however the sponsor part is being looked at as the visa office who called me from Ottawa last week has been through the application and need to clarify a few things. I could hear him shuffling papers!

Ecas is a source of worry!!!

Is the medical results received something to be excited about?
Britbob, everything looks how it should so far. You are going to be seeing that 'application received' message for a good few months on the PR application, just hold tight. My PR app still says it and my sponsorship was approved at the start of April, based on current timelines im hoping it should be changing in the next few weeks. I would imagine your sponsorship will be coming in the next couple of weeks, once is does the sponsor section will change to 'decision made' hope that makes sense. The PR section will remain the same until a decision is made in London (a few months from now)

The call came from the CIC in Ottawa because the 'Case Processing Pilot Ottawa' is dealing with all sponsorship approvals from start of January onwards (based on everyones post to date) So yes, the sponsor part is probably in process, as I said, in the next few weeks you should get it.

Last edited by exenglishman; Jun 11th 2012 at 10:34 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

I submitted my application to Missisauga tonight! yay! On my way!
Old Jun 12th 2012, 10:03 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Britbob - mine looks exactly the same as yours, to the letter. The "date received" in both sections is the same, the second section has the note about "application received" and "medicals received" and has my husband's name. I wouldn't worry. And the second box won't change for around 3 months from when you had sponsor approval. Don't stress.

scottyxx - congrats!! And now it's time for the waiting game.

Both - maybe put your timelines in your signatures as it's useful for others to get an idea of what kind of timelines to expect (I spent ages when I was doing my research scouring signatures to get an idea of timelines!)
Old Jun 12th 2012, 11:12 am
Just Joined

canuckabroad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys!

How long has it taken everyone to login to ecas? I submitted our application on 27th February and received an email from Mississauga stating that it had been received last Thursday that contained the client ID number and application number - neither will allow me to log into the ecas website however, and I've not received any further contact from the processing centre... a bit nerve-wracking! :/
Old Jun 12th 2012, 1:44 pm
Fancy a Cuppa?

Rosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond repute

I just logged into ecas using my client ID. It shows my wife with the application and showing "the application to sponsor Mrs BritBob was received on March 8th" under the sponsorship table, next to it on the same table it shows permanent resident application status "We received Mrs BritBobs application for permanent residence on March 8, 2012.". It also showed medical results were received underneath.

That is more or less what it says, does not say whether I was approved to sponsor or not.

From the above information does that look promising? I was not sure whether it did or not as it also shows her permanent residence application information too. I figured that would show that later once/if I was approved to sponsor and the app sent to London?

Confusing and nervous!!!
I'm curious how you got anything already, when the app was only recieved on March 8!? Maybe this is basically an AOR which are rare these days.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by twinkles
I'm curious how you got anything already, when the app was only recieved on March 8!? Maybe this is basically an AOR which are rare these days.
I do not know. I never received an email from CIC. I was a permanent resident myself at one point so on the off chance I logged in using my client id from a few years back, it shows the permanent residence application for my wife.

The only contact I had was a visa officer from Ottawa who called me last week to clarify a few things with my sponsor application. They are obviously processing my portion of the application because they called me, he was shuffling papers.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:18 pm
Fancy a Cuppa?

Rosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Actually sorry, im getting confused with my dates. Its quite right, there have been some early Marchers getting approval up to about the 14th i think. So although it doesnt actually say you have the approval i suspect its imminent!
Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Haha my story is too long for a signature apparently!

Jan 2010 - Apply for AIESEC work permit ~ May 22nd London Immigration Office Loose Work Permit ~ May 23rd House of Lords Grant New Permit ~ May 24th 2010 - Enter Canada!! ~ Jan 2011 - Apply IEC permit (via paris) ~ March 2011 - IEC Permit Granted ~ July 4th 2011 - Flag Pole ~ January 2012 - Apply for IEC ~ Jan 29th - Received ~ Jan 31st - Rejected ~ Feb 2nd - IEC resent ~ March 26th - Received ~ April 1st - Rejected ~ April 2nd IEC Resent ~ April 23rd - Received ~ May 2nd - Payment Request ~ May 15th - LOI - June 11 2012 - PR Common Law Spousal Mailed!
Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:38 pm
Fancy a Cuppa?

Originally Posted by scottyxx
Haha my story is too long for a signature apparently!

Jan 2010 - Apply for AIESEC work permit ~ May 22nd London Immigration Office Loose Work Permit ~ May 23rd House of Lords Grant New Permit ~ May 24th 2010 - Enter Canada!! ~ Jan 2011 - Apply IEC permit (via paris) ~ March 2011 - IEC Permit Granted ~ July 4th 2011 - Flag Pole ~ January 2012 - Apply for IEC ~ Jan 29th - Received ~ Jan 31st - Rejected ~ Feb 2nd - IEC resent ~ March 26th - Received ~ April 1st - Rejected ~ April 2nd IEC Resent ~ April 23rd - Received ~ May 2nd - Payment Request ~ May 15th - LOI - June 11 2012 - PR Common Law Spousal Mailed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.