Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 23rd 2012, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by lordchewington
Hi folks,
Just adding myself to the timeline 😊 our application was received by Mississauga on March 12th, so hope to hear about sponsor approval in the next couple of weeks.
I am on a 6 month visitor visa in Canada while waiting for PR, hopefully it comes through sharpish!
I'll be watching your timeliness closely then. Our app was received in may and hubby is here on 6 month visitor aswell.
Old May 23rd 2012, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

lordchewington is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carley_jackson
I'll be watching your timeliness closely then. Our app was received in may and hubby is here on 6 month visitor aswell.
I'll be sure to keep you posted 😊 I have a feeling I may need to extend my visa as it runs out mid August. We didn't realise there was such a delay in sponsorship approval 😥
Old May 25th 2012, 12:29 am
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Well...got home to find a failed delivery notice at the door from the postie, so it looks like my COPR has arrived. I'm going to pop down the post office to see if they have it yet, but looks promising!
Old May 27th 2012, 5:56 am
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mattieuk
Well...got home to find a failed delivery notice at the door from the postie, so it looks like my COPR has arrived. I'm going to pop down the post office to see if they have it yet, but looks promising!
Picked up my COPR from the post office today. Off down to Bellingham for the day tomorrow, and will land on the way back, and then all this will finally be over!
Old May 27th 2012, 7:06 am
Just Joined

tracykate is an unknown quantity at this point

Picked up my COPR from the post office today. Off down to Bellingham for the day tomorrow, and will land on the way back, and then all this will finally be over!
How long in total did it take to get? Where did you send your paperwork to?
and congratulations.
Old May 27th 2012, 5:11 pm
Temporary Canuck

Originally Posted by tracykate
How long in total did it take to get? Where did you send your paperwork to?
and congratulations.
Thanks!

It took 5 months and 5 days from start to finish - which seems to be about par or the course at the moment. I submitted through London (via Missis. of course).
Old May 28th 2012, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

BritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the rough

Hello all,

I don't come on here much these days.

Is it my imagination or is outside Canada applications to CIC-M back-logged and taking longer than they were six months ago?

When we compiled our application and sent it off at the beginning of March we was on the understand the sponsorship approval could take about 4 weeks. Now we're reading applications are taking at least 3 months. So in our case, our package arrived at CIC on March 5th, it is going to be several weeks before it might finally see the envelope get opened?

Thanks.
Old May 28th 2012, 6:59 pm
Temporary Canuck

Originally Posted by BritBob
Hello all,

Is it my imagination or is outside Canada applications to CIC-M back-logged and taking longer than they were six months ago?

When we compiled our application and sent it off at the beginning of March we was on the understand the sponsorship approval could take about 4 weeks. Now we're reading applications are taking at least 3 months. So in our case, our package arrived at CIC on March 5th, it is going to be several weeks before it might finally see the envelope get opened?

Thanks.
Yup - thats the case of almost everyone who has applied recently. You are probably looking at a wait for sponsor stage approval of 2-3 months.
Old May 29th 2012, 8:43 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritBob
Hello all,

Thanks.
Yep. Our app arrived at CPC-M on 25 January, we got sponsor approval on 24 April. You'll be waiting awhile. Average total processing times seem to be about 6 months total.
Old May 29th 2012, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

CANorBUST is an unknown quantity at this point

This question is for everyone who has received their COPR;

We got our paper when we flagpoled 2 weeks ago. My OH just decided that he wants to go back to London in 3 weeks for a wedding. The woman at the border said that we could not leave the country without our PR Card. How long does the PR card take to come? Do you have to apply for it or does it just arrive?
Old May 30th 2012, 1:14 am
Temporary Canuck

Originally Posted by CANorBUST
This question is for everyone who has received their COPR;

We got our paper when we flagpoled 2 weeks ago. My OH just decided that he wants to go back to London in 3 weeks for a wedding. The woman at the border said that we could not leave the country without our PR Card. How long does the PR card take to come? Do you have to apply for it or does it just arrive?
The guy at the border did not mention anything about that to me! He actually specifically said that the paper that was stapled in my passport acted as my PR card until I received it in the mail.
Old May 30th 2012, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

lordchewington is an unknown quantity at this point

The guy at the border did not mention anything about that to me! He actually specifically said that the paper that was stapled in my passport acted as my PR card until I received it in the mail.
How did it go at the border? Which did you use? When I'm finally ready to land I'll probably be using Sumas. Were you required to have bank statements etc.?

Thanks, and congratulations!
Old May 31st 2012, 12:48 am
Temporary Canuck

Originally Posted by lordchewington
How did it go at the border? Which did you use? When I'm finally ready to land I'll probably be using Sumas. Were you required to have bank statements etc.?

Thanks, and congratulations!
I used Peace Arch. No bank statements are required, as there are no financial requirements to sponsor a spouse through this application method.

Was the best border experience I've ever had actually - the only nice guy I've ever met on the Canadian side of things - barely asked a question, offered his congratulations that I'd become a PR, and even afforded us an informal chat about how long the process too. Perhaps now I'm a PR I'll start getting happy smiley people from the Canadian Border Service Agency (I see to be the opposite of most people and have always had super nice US border guards and very abrasive Canadian ones).
Old May 31st 2012, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Any updates from people who applied in January? I image we will start to see some 'decisions made' trickling through soon..

2 months left to date on my IEC! - fingers crossed!
Old May 31st 2012, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

teacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really nice

Nothing here yet...received jan 26 and Sps approved April 27.
I would imagine we still have some waiting to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.