timeline improvement?

Old Jun 7th 2009, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of
Default timeline improvement?

Hello all,
Just a quick question - What could be the timeline for the below case

1. Software consultant (not any manager so outside 38 magic occupations)
2. No provincial nomination, no HRDC job, etc
3. If applying for PR from India

3 years back the timeline for the above case was around 3 to 5 years. Wanted to check if any improvement is there as I heard lot of news that Canadian immigration has became fast..but does it applies to the above.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: timeline improvement?

Hi !
Did you already apply or are you planning to?
The new "faster" system is only applicable for new applications. they are processed quite fast thats true. But all other application take at least as much or even more time as before...
unfortunately...
Old Jun 7th 2009, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Didn't apply yet. Will "faster" system apply to me inspite of #1 and #2 (in my original question). How fast is that?
Old Jun 7th 2009, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about

fast these days is around 12 months - maybe less.
But as you dont have an AEO/LMO/job offer, nor 1 yr work experience in Canada or a job within the 38 occupation list you are not eligible to apply for PR I am afraid...
You wouldnt pass the initial stage and therefore your application would be rejected from Sydney, NS.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mermaid3011
fast these days is around 12 months - maybe less.
But as you dont have an AEO/LMO/job offer, nor 1 yr work experience in Canada or a job within the 38 occupation list you are not eligible to apply for PR I am afraid...
You wouldnt pass the initial stage and therefore your application would be rejected from Sydney, NS.
Oh is it..Things have changed a lot then.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Emu_UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya I would like to apply for Canada under new role. My occupation is ICT Systems Engineer
I have MSc (17 Years Course)
I have 4 years work exp.
I am 32 years old
My wife has MSc (17 years course )

My IELTS is as follows:
Listening: 6.5
Reading: 6.5
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 7.0

I calculated my core 71. (2 for IELTS 6.5 and 4 for 7.0)

But one Agent said no one can apply unless having IELTS 7.0 in each band.

Does anyone know about that?

Regards
Emu
Old Jun 7th 2009, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Emu_UK
Hiya I would like to apply for Canada under new role. My occupation is ICT Systems Engineer
I have 4 years work exp.
I am 32 years old

My IELTS is as follows:

Regards
Emu
I doubt you are ineligible to apply like me. But I'll leave it to some expert to comment on that.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 5:43 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Emu_UK
I have 4 years work exp.
I am 32 years old

My IELTS is as follows:

Regards
Emu
The agent is wrong there are no minimum IELTS score, but you still have to have 1 years experience in a job in the list of "38"