Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline for FSW Cat 1 since new regs

Timeline for FSW Cat 1 since new regs

Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline for FSW Cat 1 since new regs

Only spotted this now! Here you go....

FSW Cat 1 Timeline
Date initial Application sent to CPC, Sydney(Steps 1,2 and 3): 15th January
Date initial Application received by CPC, Sydney: 19th January
(though I left a page out and sent it two days later)
Correspondence received from from CPC, Sydney: 6th Feb (letter dated 2nd Feb)
Decision on initial application: Approval for further review to London (120 day letter)
Date full application sent to London: 13th March 09
If eligible, what were the instructions/timeline for sending to CIC London or appropriate visa office (Step 4):
Old Apr 19th 2009, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

christmasompa tells me that some of you under the new regs have got med requests and others have already got PR

didnt think anyone had yet but if anyone has thats great and so quick??
Old Apr 19th 2009, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

Hi Chumley,

I'm not sure if anyone who applied through the new system via London are at medical stage (if you are please post!) but there is one definite at that stage through Vienna.

We have fingers and toes crossed for a speedy decision!
Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers and everything else crossed for you all

no it doesnt apply to me Im PNP

its Christmasoompa who claims some BE'ers have got med requests and quite a few have already got PR under the new rules

just trying to establish which is the quickest route as of now I still calim its PNP for some provinces as we are not far enough in to the new process for FSW just yet to judge.

Hope she proves me wrong as that would be great but I think she has her knickers in a knot this one

I dont think anyone applying through London has gone any further than 120 day letter so far

hope someone can post med requests/PR from the new rules???
Old Apr 20th 2009, 2:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chumley
Hope she proves me wrong as that would be great but I think she has her knickers in a knot this one
'This one'?!? Charming. My knickers are just fine thank you!

Did you not see my reply on the other thread giving you the example on Trackitt? I had a quick look and just posted one example (I know there are others if you want to look) of somebody who already has PPR after applying in November 2008 via London.

So consider yourself proven wrong!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

Hi christmasoompa

Just wondered if you could put the link to your other thread as can't seem to find it and wanted to check out this approved case.

Thanks

Lucy
Old Apr 20th 2009, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

The ones that I have seen have had approved job offers which some of us haven't. This seems to speed up the process. I am not too sure if this is everyone though, again I wonder if it comes down to your occupation ? There seems to be a lot more of some occupations than others.

JET
Old May 12th 2009, 10:44 pm

MarkM is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Timeline for FSW Cat 1 since new regs

Hi all,

Just had paperwork back from Sidney NS is surprisingly quick time.

My application fell under the rules (1st April 2009) that all initial FSW applications go direct to Sidney. Applied under FSW with no employment offer just NOC0213 on list of 38.

FSW Cat 1 Timeline
Date initial Application sent to CPC, Sydney(Steps 1,2 and 3): 9th April
Date initial Application received by CPC, Sydney: 16th April
Correspondence received from from CPC, Sydney: 13th May
Decision on initial application: Approval for further review to London (120 day letter)
Date full application sent to London:
If eligible, what were the instructions/timeline for sending to CIC London or appropriate visa office (Step 4): 120 Day (so no change there)

Off to get paperwork together now!!

M.
Old May 13th 2009, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

Hi Mark

Thanks for putting your timeline on the thread.

Congratulations on getting your 120 day letter and good luck getting the documents together!

Lucy
Old May 13th 2009, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

Hi Mark

Welcome to the club - or queue - I am sure it will be worth it.

Remember any help needed ask and we are all here to help each other if we can.

All the best

JET
Old May 13th 2009, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

drabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant future

Hi All,

Been following this thread with interest. Thought I should add my details:
FSW Cat 1 Timeline
Date initial Application sent to CPC, Sydney(Steps 1,2 and 3): 2nd Jan 2009
Date initial Application received by CPC, Sydney: 9th Jan
Correspondence received from from CPC, Sydney: 15th Jan
Decision on initial application: Approval for further review to London (120 day letter) Date full application sent to London: 3rd April

Hoping for med requests in the next few weeks. My only concern though, is that my police cert. came up 'no live trace' rather than 'no trace' and I wonder if they will want more info. I did explain that it relates to an incident yonks ago but, we will see what they make of it.

Alan
Old May 13th 2009, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Alan, if it's a minor incident, which it will be if it's dropped off the ACRO report, then I shouldn't worry as long as you've declared it like you said.

I've got a feeling that if you come back as 'no live trace' then you'll be automatically 'deemed rehabilitated'

Our time-line is in my sig