Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Mar 16th 2010, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Pudseytwo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Ours has been 'in process' since the 27th January and no requests for med's yet either
Old Mar 16th 2010, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

BumbleBeeUK will become famous soon enoughBumbleBeeUK will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Brunti
I'm really sorry if this has been asked and answered before but I can't seem to find it on here. I have received my 120 day e mail and I am now ready to send everything off to London. I am sending a copy of the original application forms which were initially sent to Sydney. However I note on the Immigration website it states that you should send a copy of the documents with your original signature. The copy I am sending has a copy of the original signature. If that makes sense?? Am I reading too much into this or should I add a further original signature next to the copy signature?

Thanks
I am pretty sure we sent copies of the original application. i had a cover letter that was signed... and then of course all the stuff that has been notarized. surely wouldnt hurt to sign again though
Old Mar 16th 2010, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

BumbleBeeUK will become famous soon enoughBumbleBeeUK will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
We got a letter via post with the new number on it. Tried to log on to ecas last night but I think it was down?!?
lns
HI LP
we have two different numbers as well. Mine works when i use the B number sent first time round... have you managed to get in yet? You know they only update it on tuesdays. We seem to always get our letters on a saturday and then the online tool is updated by wednesday reflecting the letter we received at the weekend.

bb
Old Mar 16th 2010, 8:40 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

We got a letter via post with the new number on it. Tried to log on to ecas last night but I think it was down?!?
lns
What are you putting in as your place of birth?
Old Mar 16th 2010, 8:43 am

Our update

We had to go and renew WP today, when we were at the Immigration desk we were chatting to the IO about our future plans. She asked if we were planning to file for PR, we said that we had already, she checks the computer to see if she can tell us anything.

She looks at the screen, mutters a bit, turns to colleague and says what does that mean, he responds that he is not sure.....Now the paranoia has well and truly set in.

They still let us back into Canada,, so can't be all bad, can it?

So the waiting continues.....

Charlie
Old Mar 16th 2010, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BumbleBeeUK
HI LP
we have two different numbers as well. Mine works when i use the B number sent first time round... have you managed to get in yet? You know they only update it on tuesdays. We seem to always get our letters on a saturday and then the online tool is updated by wednesday reflecting the letter we received at the weekend.

bb
Originally Posted by purple80
What are you putting in as your place of birth?
I got in today, thanx...yeh....i think it was definately down when I tried yesterday.

lins
Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:25 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Our update

We had to go and renew WP today, when we were at the Immigration desk we were chatting to the IO about our future plans. She asked if we were planning to file for PR, we said that we had already, she checks the computer to see if she can tell us anything.

She looks at the screen, mutters a bit, turns to colleague and says what does that mean, he responds that he is not sure.....Now the paranoia has well and truly set in.

They still let us back into Canada,, so can't be all bad, can it?

So the waiting continues.....

Charlie
lol and they didn't tell you what it said! ARGHHHHHHHH! How did you walk away without punching them all? lol
Old Mar 16th 2010, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
lol and they didn't tell you what it said! ARGHHHHHHHH! How did you walk away without punching them all? lol
She said something like administration or administration stage one. She was so nice which is why she looked in the first place, to see if she could tell us anything. We are giving it one more week and then we will send an email.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Gaz67 will become famous soon enoughGaz67 will become famous soon enough

Us too...us too!!!
AOR today. Cant believe it!!!!!!!!
lins
Gratz Lins.... Gratz Lady Locket :0)

Gaz
Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

oceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really niceoceaneoneill is just really nice

Hi All,
I'm a newbie to posting but wanted to add my timeline & get some moral support for the wait ahead. We're in London hoping to get to Vancouver - hubby is main applicant & we've got two littlies under 3...
Here's our timeline so far:

FSW CAT 1 sent to Sydney NS 12th Sep 09 arrived 18th Sep 09
Recce to Vancouver 19th Sep 09
120 day e-mail 17th Nov 09
full app delivered to CHC 2nd Feb 10
AOR & new file number 10th Feb 10

I'll prob have A LOT of questions

Oceane x
Old Mar 17th 2010, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

Originally Posted by oceaneoneill
Hi All,
I'm a newbie to posting but wanted to add my timeline & get some moral support for the wait ahead. We're in London hoping to get to Vancouver - hubby is main applicant & we've got two littlies under 3...

Oceane x

Hi Oceane,

Would just like to say 'welcome' and hope the remainder of your process goes smoothly

Binty
Old Mar 17th 2010, 2:22 am
Just Joined

cornishhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Oceane x
Hi Oceane

Welcome, hope all goes well, it really hard playing the waiting game, this forum really helps, as you can see we are all in the same boat. My husband is the main applicant, we are hopfully going to Ottawa. Good luck!
Lec

Last edited by cornishhouse; Mar 17th 2010 at 2:25 am.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

LaurenandLuke is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck Oceane,

My hubby is principle applicant too, ours has just been received as you can see on my timeline. Bracing ourselves for an anxious but hopefully not to long a wait. Keeping everything crossed anyway

We are in Cornwall, hoping to go to Canada for a recce in the summer
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Hi All,

Oceane x
Welcome to the thread.

What does your ECAS status show?

Hope everything goes well for you.

Cheers

Martin
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

She said something like administration or administration stage one. She was so nice which is why she looked in the first place, to see if she could tell us anything. We are giving it one more week and then we will send an email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.