Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:08 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Believe it or not they have asked for proof of funds bl**dy unbelieveable
How stupid, I guess technically they are within their rights, but it does seem a bit daft.

Have you both had to give up work, Or have they allowed that to continue?

Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purple80
How stupid, I guess technically they are within their rights, but it does seem a bit daft.

Have you both had to give up work, Or have they allowed that to continue?

Even though we know we wont get the extension we have applied for one so we are on implied status
Old Feb 6th 2010, 12:01 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Even though we know we wont get the extension we have applied for one so we are on implied status
So if your on implied status with arranged employment, how come you need to give proof of funds? Your IO must be a newbie....

Old Feb 6th 2010, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purple80
Your IO must be a newbie....

You are dead right there
Old Feb 6th 2010, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

daisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant future

Believe it or not they have asked for proof of funds bl**dy unbelieveable
We had to supply proof of funds after our medical to!

Good luck.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MapleSauce
Any specific email address, webpage you used to send this from?

Thanks
Maple sauce,
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you...been away for the weekend in Hull.
I cannot find for the life of me the link that I used to email the office. Its on the CIC website.

Can anyone help with the link for case specific emails for Maple sauce???
lins
Old Feb 7th 2010, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Maple sauce,
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you...been away for the weekend in Hull.
I cannot find for the life of me the link that I used to email the office. Its on the CIC website.

lins
Email as follows

[email protected]
Old Feb 7th 2010, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Maple sauce,

lins
Sure. Here it is:

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemai...mission=london

Cheers

Martin
Old Feb 7th 2010, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Email as follows

[email protected]
Originally Posted by Martin99

Thanx both

Maple sauce...I used the second one, but not sure if it matters. Good luck.
lins
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:36 am
Account Closed

juicyred is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know if a change of email address can be submitted via that link/email address?

My girlfriend submitted her application at the beginning of December and the email address included is no longer valid. Her ISP shut down their services with very little notice.

I was told by a CIC rep that as of Wednesday last week, they were working on applications received Dec9. She is very concerned that she will miss her 120-letter "email" and wants to notify them of this change asap.

We've been provided instructions on how to do that via post but thought this link/email address may be faster. I am right to understand though that this actually goes to London as opposed to Sydney?

Thanks!

Jo-Anne

(Sorry if this is cross-posted with a seperate inquiry on the forum. I got very excited at the mention of an actual direct email/link for contact that didn't require you have heard from them already)
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by juicyred
Does anyone know if a change of email address can be submitted via that link/email address?

My girlfriend submitted her application at the beginning of December and the email address included is no longer valid. Her ISP shut down their services with very little notice.

I was told by a CIC rep that as of Wednesday last week, they were working on applications received Dec9. She is very concerned that she will miss her 120-letter "email" and wants to notify them of this change asap.

We've been provided instructions on how to do that via post but thought this link/email address may be faster. I am right to understand though that this actually goes to London as opposed to Sydney?

Thanks!

Jo-Anne

(Sorry if this is cross-posted with a seperate inquiry on the forum. I got very excited at the mention of an actual direct email/link for contact that didn't require you have heard from them already)
I see no reason why you cant use this link, it is for specific cases, but they do say they can take up to 28 days to respond once you submit your question. In the email put when you applied, when it was recieved and your old (and new) email address.
Shame they would not change the email address over the phone? Would they not do it...were they not concerned that she would miss the email?
I would do both email and snail mail to be on the safe side and send it to Sydney.
lins
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:59 am
Account Closed

juicyred is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the input Linsy. I was the one who called to get more info on how to submit a change of info and since I'm not a designated representative, they would accept the change from me.

I didn't think the CIC toll-free number would accept calls from the UK. If it does, or if there's a non-toll free one she can use, I will pass on the info.

me too! The thought of anything creating delays makes us both crazy!
Old Feb 7th 2010, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Thanx both

Maple sauce...I used the second one, but not sure if it matters. Good luck.
lins
Thanks to all in here!

I'm still waiting... pfffff... i'd pull may hair out if i had the chance!

I'm going email mad at the moment.. checking in the mornings, then thinking they're not in the office yet.. then checking when i get home (when it's lunchtime in Canada)... then checking at 10pm (when it's end of day in Canada!)...

Then my family had the nerve to webcam me when they were having the Superbowl party yesterday... and i'm sitting in front of my tv in my pyjamas and nacho's at 1am!
Old Feb 8th 2010, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

28 day response to the mail - if urgent.

So waiting again...
Old Feb 8th 2010, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

Gaz67 will become famous soon enoughGaz67 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Martin99
Any news yet, Gaz?

Cheers

Martin
NOWT

Been away adventure training for a few days so my minds been elsewhere instead of in Cloud Cuckoo Canajun Land lol

But missed all you wonderful Forumarians

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.