British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

joepublic Jan 12th 2010 6:57 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by mags1972 (Post 8242195)
Congratulations Joe, its a great feeling to know you're moving, our took 4 weeks before medicals which we just received so good luck to you.

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8242181)
Gratz Joe, hopefully im next week since we are nearly the same timeline :0)

Gaz

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8242173)
I hope you move forward to medical requests pretty soon!

Cheers

Martin

Thanks everyone ;)

Bali2010 Jan 12th 2010 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by NYC2UK (Post 8239589)
Here is the real deal after checking the application status today finally it says :rofl: Application Received "We received your application for permanent residence on November 2, 2009." They still didn't charged my credit card.

Is this GOOD or BED???:confused:

Hi James
My card still hasn't been charged yet - app. signed for 27th Oct - from the feedback through this thread it isn't unusual for the charge to not occur until close to the 120 day email / letter

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102 (Post 8239667)
Our forms was received 10th Nov and forgot to fill in where we want file processed and got forms back today and letter was dated 6th jan so just under 2 months.

Not alone in that, but clearly they are moving into Nov's forms - hope mine from end Oct is still in there too.

Originally Posted by joepublic (Post 8241185)
Another update for the Sydney, NS band of brothers. My status changed to 'in process' as per yesterday (see sig block) :thumbup:

Great news - congrats:thumbsup:

Lady Locket Jan 13th 2010 1:51 pm

Woo Hoo! Just got our 120 day email! First hurdle down...

Dammit - there's no emoticon for dancing around the house!

Now, the mad dash to collate everything and triple check it. Any advice on sending the paperwork to London CIC - is it best to courier, post or just drive up there (only an hour or so drive for us) for quick processing? Plus, do we need to pay the next lot of fees yet?

YAY!!!!
:thumbsup:

LL x

joinerboy Jan 13th 2010 2:16 pm

Hi LL
congrats on receivng your 120 day letter
one step closer to the end goal.

Regards
Joinerboy

burton bunch Jan 13th 2010 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Lady Locket (Post 8244835)
Plus, do we need to pay the next lot of fees yet?

YAY!!!!

LL x

We were asked to pay RPRF when they requested meds be done

joinerboy Jan 13th 2010 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 8244898)
We were asked to pay RPRF when they requested meds be done

If I remember it was the same for us

GERA Jan 13th 2010 4:15 pm

Now, the mad dash to collate everything and triple check it. Any advice on sending the paperwork to London CIC - is it best to courier, post or just drive up there (only an hour or so drive for us) for quick processing? Plus, do we need to pay the next lot of fees yet?

YAY!!!!

LL x

Congradulations!! I hope I get response as well soon!! I am getting quiet anxious considering my application was also sent back ....but good luck for things to come!!

Martin99 Jan 13th 2010 8:28 pm

YAY!!!!

LL x

Great news!

I dropped our document pack at CHC London as I wanted to know that it had arrived safely (all the man hours spent on it etc!!!). If you are that close to London then it makes sense to go in person.

I suggest you wait before paying the PR fee as they do not need it until they have part processed your file and ask you to attend the medical tests.

Cheers

Martin

Bali2010 Jan 13th 2010 9:00 pm

YAY!!!!

LL x

Great news :thumbsup:

Mine must be in a go slow pile:(, am looking everyday.

NYC2UK Jan 13th 2010 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Bali2010 (Post 8246109)
Great news :thumbsup:

Mine must be in a go slow pile:(, am looking everyday.

Hi Bali

Don't worry you will have ur by end of next for sure.....:thumbup: by the way my credit card has been charged today.

Bali2010 Jan 13th 2010 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by NYC2UK (Post 8246132)
Hi Bali

Don't worry you will have ur by end of next for sure.....:thumbup: by the way my credit card has been charged today.

Thanks for the info - it helps.

Am particulary sensitive to the time as I am being told,officially, tomorrow that my job here in UK disappears and that I will in the next 2-ish weeks need to reapply for jobs internally - if there is a query over the experience for NOC code then, it will influence which job I go for - to give a chance to reapply under a relevant NOC. If they are ok with current role / experience, then it will give more 'choice' for me in applying for another job.

GERA Jan 14th 2010 6:24 am

Originally Posted by NYC2UK (Post 8246132)
Hi Bali

That is good news you should be getting email very soon

GERA Jan 14th 2010 6:45 am

Originally Posted by GERA (Post 8247465)
That is good news you should be getting email very soon

Hello to all !! Today I checked my inbox and there was my 120 day email to submit my documents to local visa office...Phew what a relief!!

Martin99 Jan 14th 2010 7:09 am

Originally Posted by GERA (Post 8247502)
Hello to all !! Today I checked my inbox and there was my 120 day email to submit my documents to local visa office...Phew what a relief!!

It is a good feeling, isn't it?

Cheers

Martin

julietaba Jan 14th 2010 7:31 am

I haven't been on here for ages, tried to forget about it after our forms were returned from Sydney and had to resubmit as we stupidly forgot something. Back on track now though as we got our 120 letter on Tuesday. What a relief!!! Hopefully this time we won't forget anything this time and it will go smoothly. Now we are planning a holiday to Canada in April/May :) Yipeeeee!!!

How do you insert your timeline???