Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by joinerboy
We used Mary Adams in Manchester we were in & out in about 20 mins
Leeds used to be on the list I remember calling them at the time we were arranging our meds . But Doctor Adams was cheaper and could fit us in sooner.

Regards
Joinerboy
Cheers Buddy,

Just rung her but practice is closed as I thought, will ring again on Monday, can't wait to get things moving now.
Who did you make your bankers draft out to for the RPRF? I've just seen its $490 each but not sure who draft goes to, is it the same as the processing fees?

Mags
Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Make your bankers draft as before buddy.
A mate of mine rang doctor Adams on the 22/12 to arrange meds & she booked him in for
the 13/01 , so that's seems pretty quick taking into account the Xmas break.

Last edited by joinerboy; Jan 9th 2010 at 12:13 am.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mags1972
Cheers Buddy,

Just rung her but practice is closed as I thought, will ring again on Monday, can't wait to get things moving now.
Who did you make your bankers draft out to for the RPRF? I've just seen its $490 each but not sure who draft goes to, is it the same as the processing fees?

Mags
You'll also need some more photos so you'll best get them sorted if you don't have any.
My oh Lisa took her most recent smear test result with her and gave this to Mrs Adams during her examination this may be of interest to your wife.
By the way when we went for our meds like I mentioned Lisa was seen by Mrs Adams and I saw another male doctor as we had our examinations at the same time.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Make your bankers draft as before buddy.
A mate of mine rang doctor Adams on the 22/12 to arrange meds & she booked him in for
the 13/01 , so that's seems pretty quick taking into account the Xmas break.
Cheers Buddy,

thanks for that, how are your landing preparations going?
We are going to visit Lethbridge/Calgary again in July, we got tickets to the Bon Jovi concert in Calgary then on to Lethbridge, we might actually be landing now!!!

Mags
Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by humanist
I can imagine what that felt like! Congratulations, you're pretty much there.

....I think I might faint with relief if and when my med requests come through.
Hi Humanist
Looking at your timeline I would think you'll hear from CHC soon and given it's the start of a new year and new yearly quotas for London let's hope your application gets moving soon I'm sure it will.

Regards
Joinerboy
Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Humanist
Looking at your timeline I would think you'll hear from CHC soon and given it's the start of a new year and new yearly quotas for London let's hope your application gets moving soon I'm sure it will.

Regards
Joinerboy
Hey Humanist, I second Joinerboy's post, I'm sure you will hear something soon

Mags
Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Cheers Buddy,

thanks for that, how are your landing preparations going?
We are going to visit Lethbridge/Calgary again in July, we got tickets to the Bon Jovi concert in Calgary then on to Lethbridge, we might actually be landing now!!!

Mags
Looking like all your plans are falling in to place .
I'm currently making contact with a few employers as when we do our landing we'd like to tie it in with meeting up with a couple of possible employers.
How you doing on the job finding front or have you sorted this already.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Looking like all your plans are falling in to place .
I'm currently making contact with a few employers as when we do our landing we'd like to tie it in with meeting up with a couple of possible employers.
How you doing on the job finding front or have you sorted this already.
I met with a few companies when we visited last year and I will be contacting them again now we have our Medical requests to try and arrange possible job in the future, we don't plan on moving fully untill spring/summer of 2011, reason for this is to save more money (I'm hoping to be really busy this year), the exchange rate will hopefully be much better and our house will be worth more too, again hopefully!!!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Sounds a good plan .
We just completed the sale of our uk property just before Xmas and have moved into one of of the rental properties we have i normally rent out this cottage to tenants but it's came empty just as we had sold our main house and as we didn't want to buy owt else or get tied into a rental agreement this option suits us great. We are now free agents and can go to Canada full time when it's suits us apart from Lisa giving a couple of months notice at work because if she does this her employer will then keep her job open for 3 years ( perks of
working for the government ) at least this way we can keep our options open if Canada goes pair shaped.
Regards
Joinerboy
Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Sounds a good plan .
We just completed the sale of our uk property just before Xmas and have moved into one of of the rental properties we have i normally rent out thus cottage to tenants but it's came empty just as we had sold our main house and as we didn't want to buy owt else or get tied into a rental agreement this option suits us great. We are now free agents and can go to Canada full time when it's suits us apart from Lisa giving a couple of months notice at work but if she does this her employer will then keep her job open for 3 years ( perks of
working for the government ) at least this way we can keep our options open if Canada goes pair shaped.
Regards
Joinerboy
Sounds like you've got things pretty much worked out, have you decided on where you're heading yet?
Old Jan 9th 2010, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Mags
Our 'plan' if we can call it that is to look at a location between AB & BC within easy access of the US border & the Rockies hopefully this will give us the best of all '3' worlds.

Regards
Joinerboy
Old Jan 9th 2010, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Martin,
Oh bugger...I need to stop mentioning White Rock to people....I keep convincing people how lovely it is and that means there will be less jobs/houses/school places/GP's to go round when we go cos they will have taking them all!
Na, White Rock's rubbish. I've heard the interior of Canada is lovely...Kamloops is lovely this time of year. Hahahahahaha
Too late. The cat is out of the bag!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Finally received our Medicals Request this morning, the relief is unbelievable I can't even begin to describe it.

My heart nearly stopped when I saw that brown envelope in our post!!!

Now to get them booked and we're nearly there
Patience rewards us all in the end. Congratulations!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Buddy, yeah I know you know how worried we were getting, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted
I've just printed off the DMP list and theres no listing for Leeds, so will look at Manchester or Nottingham is probably closer for us.
Who did you use pal and what were they like?

How are your landing preps going?

Mags
We used Nottingham. They were very efficient in getting us booked in and filing the results. Nice chap, too!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mags1972

Congratulations on getting your medical requests, it will be such a relief for you. No doubt you'll have PR by April ish.

Good luck

Poppit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.