Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Jan 7th 2010, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Martin99
Thanks, Charlie and Linsy. We are not quite there yet, but very close! My wife and I are somewhat taken aback by the speed of the new process.

Cheers

Martin
Hi Martin
Whilst I am delighted for you and your family and wish you all the best for your emigration, your case is an example of the faster end of the new process (about 6 months) whilst ours and others on here are on 8 months and still going waiting for news on our applications so their initial estimates of 6 - 12 months are pretty accurate.
Can't really explain why yours was so quick and ours is taking longer, maybe your case is more clear cut but to be honest as long as we all get a favourable outcome then it doesn't really matter Good luck when picking up your shiny new visas

Hopefully the rest of us in longer ques will be put out of our misery soon
Old Jan 8th 2010, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

Wags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gaz67
Congratz to you as well Mark , when you off to land and live there yourselves!!

Gaz
Hi Gaz

Off to Whistler end of Jan (pre booked from before we started the whole immigration process) so are going to activate the visa's then (saves on another flight later in the year).

Looking to move over full time probably some time in August. Got a lot to sort out before then, but nervously excited!!

Cheers
Old Jan 8th 2010, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

Gaz67 will become famous soon enoughGaz67 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Wags18uk
Hi Gaz

Off to Whistler end of Jan (pre booked from before we started the whole immigration process) so are going to activate the visa's then (saves on another flight later in the year).

Looking to move over full time probably some time in August. Got a lot to sort out before then, but nervously excited!!

Cheers
Nice One im looking forward to watching the Olympics family in Vancouver want us to go over to spend some time with them.. but having medicals coming up soon (fingers crossed) dont wanna miss out on taking them.

We are putting our house up for sale this week, we've been selling all our electrical goods in a steady trickle... hopefully we do get PR otherwise we will have nothing to do at home lol

Xbox 360 gone, Wii gone, My Yamaha Keyboard gone....

Original plan was to move over mid April/May , but now we will be looking to go as soon as PRs arrive we have a place to stay and job offers and peeps to look after house till it sells

Gaz
Old Jan 8th 2010, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mags1972
Hi Martin
Whilst I am delighted for you and your family and wish you all the best for your emigration, your case is an example of the faster end of the new process (about 6 months) whilst ours and others on here are on 8 months and still going waiting for news on our applications so their initial estimates of 6 - 12 months are pretty accurate.
Can't really explain why yours was so quick and ours is taking longer, maybe your case is more clear cut but to be honest as long as we all get a favourable outcome then it doesn't really matter Good luck when picking up your shiny new visas

Hopefully the rest of us in longer ques will be put out of our misery soon
Mags

Don't forget that there was quite a time difference between us both delivering our files to CHC London in response to the 120 day email. That accounts for much of the difference.

In the passport queue outside the CHC yesterday I was chatting to a chap who was on the old stream and had waited four years to be asked to submit his passport. He was green with envy at all of us in the new stream so we should all be pleased.

Cheers

Martin
Old Jan 8th 2010, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Charlie and Linsy. We are not quite there yet, but very close! My wife and I are somewhat taken aback by the speed of the new process.

Cheers

Martin
Martin,
Where are you hoping to go when you get PR?
lins
Forum Regular

samjr400 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dropped off our passports at CHC London this afternoon. It was cold stood outside in the line. Good practice for Canada, I guess! Hopefully, when I return to collect them in two weeks they will have something rather interesting stamped inside!!!

Cheers

Martin
I have been a bit busy of late, so catching up with where you folks are. See you have progressed. Excellent news. Good luck x
Forum Regular

samjr400 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dropped off our passports at CHC London this afternoon. It was cold stood outside in the line. Good practice for Canada, I guess! Hopefully, when I return to collect them in two weeks they will have something rather interesting stamped inside!!!

Cheers

Martin
I have been a bit busy of late, so catching up with where you folks are. See you have progressed. Excellent news. Good luck x
Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Martin,
Where are you hoping to go when you get PR?
lins
Linsy

We cannot make up our minds is the honest answer. My industry (private equity) is centred around Toronto but, like you, we are also attracted to Vancouver.

What draws you to south of Vancouver out of interest?

Cheers

Martin
Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by samjr400
Thanks, Sam. It has been a bit too quick but rather it that way than having to play the long, patient game, which is much more difficult.

Cheers

Martin
Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gaz67
Nice One im looking forward to watching the Olympics family in Vancouver want us to go over to spend some time with them.. but having medicals coming up soon (fingers crossed) dont wanna miss out on taking them.

We are putting our house up for sale this week, we've been selling all our electrical goods in a steady trickle... hopefully we do get PR otherwise we will have nothing to do at home lol

Xbox 360 gone, Wii gone, My Yamaha Keyboard gone....

Original plan was to move over mid April/May , but now we will be looking to go as soon as PRs arrive we have a place to stay and job offers and peeps to look after house till it sells

Gaz
Good luck with the house sale, Gaz. It will be an issue for many of us on this thread.

Cheers

Martin
Old Jan 8th 2010, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Mags

Don't forget that there was quite a time difference between us both delivering our files to CHC London in response to the 120 day email. That accounts for much of the difference.

In the passport queue outside the CHC yesterday I was chatting to a chap who was on the old stream and had waited four years to be asked to submit his passport. He was green with envy at all of us in the new stream so we should all be pleased.

Cheers

Martin
Martin

Hi, never thought about it like that but do you think because we were 2 months between sending docs back and you were only 8 days CHC might have interpreted that as we weren't in as big a rush to get PR?
Cheers

Mags
Old Jan 8th 2010, 5:42 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
I checked with the bank today, the draft has still not been cashed. Obviously the IO is looking at our file and not able to make his mind up.

Its so frustrating and its early days yet in the PR jouney.
Same for me - no charge yet on the MC, though my stuff got to NS a little after yours.

I'm more on edge about a no at this stage, than I am about the time it is taking to be honest though.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mags1972
Martin

Hi, never thought about it like that but do you think because we were 2 months between sending docs back and you were only 8 days CHC might have interpreted that as we weren't in as big a rush to get PR?
Cheers

Mags
Then again, it could just be chaos theory at work and we are trying to rationalise it all.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Linsy

We cannot make up our minds is the honest answer. My industry (private equity) is centred around Toronto but, like you, we are also attracted to Vancouver.

What draws you to south of Vancouver out of interest?

Cheers

Martin
Martin,
The climate mostly, winters similar to Uk, but summers better and more predicable that Scotland. People very polite and helpful. We felt relaxed and at home whilst we were there.
We noticed the city centre was not have as crowded as Glasgow. I only noticed 2 people smoking in public(in fact they were in their car). You look at Glasgow city centre, everyone is on the phone, head down avoiding social contact. I am not meaning to be down on Glasgow...there is nowhere else I would rather live in the UK. I'll miss the sense of humour. I never noticed the down side to Glasgow until we arrived back in the Airport. Left the terminal building and was engulfed with cigarette smoke, swearing and grey grim faces. We are going down to 'white rock' in South Surrey. My friend describes White Rock as having its own climate (in a good way) The schools look good down that way.
What we noticed about Vancouver was that its a very outdoor kind of life. The other major pull for me are all the beaches...I'd find it hard being in the interior of Canada, I think.
We are really sad we sit at night and watch CBC Vancouver on the PC to get a feel for the place. We go on google maps and look at the houses round the area we want to settle in, also. Total saddos!!
Whilst the East side probably holds more employment opportunity, it just doesn't have the pull for me.

linsy
Old Jan 8th 2010, 7:37 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bali2010
Same for me - no charge yet on the MC, though my stuff got to NS a little after yours.

I'm more on edge about a no at this stage, than I am about the time it is taking to be honest though.
Ours got there on 1st Oct, we submitted the affidavit on 14th Dec so we are now behind you.

I think you should get your email any day now.

As my Mum says patients is a virture - mind you she never went through this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.