Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Dec 26th 2009, 4:41 am
  #631  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Martin99's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 768
Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by purple80
You probably won't get a paper copy, treat the email as the real deal and put your full package together!
Good advice!
Martin99 is offline  
Old Dec 27th 2009, 12:08 pm
  #632  
BE Forum Addict
 
LinsyPinsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Morgan Crossing, BC
Posts: 1,045
LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by stokesey
Received 120 day letter today. What a relief!!

Happy Xmas everyone...
To Stokesey and Bibendum

Well done, what a xmas present. You must be delighted. Let us all know how it progresses. Our friend who emigrated to Vancouver 9 years ago is back to Scotland this Christmas for a holiday and is getting us all over excited about the move....magic!!
For now we will have to be content with my sons Wii 'Mario and Sonic at the winter olympics games 2010' that Santa brought him to catch glimpses of the city!

Happy New Year to you all.
lnsy
LinsyPinsy is offline  
Old Dec 30th 2009, 2:28 am
  #633  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Martin99's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 768
Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

As I have heard nothing since taking our medicals at the end of November, I intend to drop off our passports on 7 January as requested by CHC in their letter instructing us to attend the medical. I hope by now to have heard if they require any further tests etc.

Fingers crossed!

Cheers

Martin
Martin99 is offline  
Old Dec 30th 2009, 2:35 am
  #634  
Future Albertan
 
Kaye.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 546
Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Martin99
As I have heard nothing since taking our medicals at the end of November, I intend to drop off our passports on 7 January as requested by CHC in their letter instructing us to attend the medical. I hope by now to have heard if they require any further tests etc.

Fingers crossed!

Cheers

Martin


Nearly there Martin!
Kaye. is offline  
Old Dec 30th 2009, 4:23 am
  #635  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Martin99's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 768
Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Kaye.


Nearly there Martin!

I hope so!
Martin99 is offline  
Old Dec 30th 2009, 4:32 am
  #636  
Forum Regular
 
Flyingscottie's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Glasgow, Scotland - heading for Toronto
Posts: 285
Flyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really nice
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

We got our AOR and medical requests in the last few days!!

Seems the London office have been busy

Happy New Year to you all x
Flyingscottie is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 12:33 am
  #637  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Liverpool 2009 , Kamloops 2010
Posts: 253
Gaz67 will become famous soon enoughGaz67 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

[QUOTE=Flyingscottie;8206548]We got our AOR and medical requests in the last few days!!

Seems the London office have been busy

GRATZ

Happy New Year to you all , Heres to a very eventful and excellent 2010

Happy New Year to everyone on here thanx for all the wonderful help through Forum questions and PMs

Gaz
Gaz67 is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 2:09 am
  #638  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 224
Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Well that was a bit of a crap xmas! Had our application from NS returned. It turns out we had over paid the processing fee. My OH put in processing fee for our step daughter, as he presumed this was necessary as she would still have to have medicals etc, though she wasn't going. (sound of rather large gunshot)
THe frustrating thing is that the application was returned with big red ticks throughout untill the last thing.AARRGGHH!! I suppose though, at least we know the rest of it is ok. There was a letter attached saying to return a new set of documents with the correct processing fee. We returned this immediately(with a small hiccup as my husband tripped over the rather large tail between his legs on the way out GRRR!)
Anyone else made such a stupid mistake... I feel in a class of our own on that one!
Another 2 month wait now Very frustrating)
Anyway, on a more positive note, We are off for a recce in 2 weeks and OH has managed to secure 2 job interviews which is great. So fingers crossed something good will happen! (redeemed himself with that one..lol)

Good luck to everyone else and all the best for 2010.
Lorna999 is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 3:36 am
  #639  
.........................
 
Bali2010's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,615
Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Lorna999
Anyone else made such a stupid mistake... I feel in a class of our own on that one!
I think mistakes aren't uncommon - at one point quite a few posts had returns for missing info or not enough 'n/a's.

Personally have not had my first response yet - am behind you by about 2 weeks so now Xmas out of the way I am a little nervous on that front to see if there are any problems.

Here's hoping the rest goes smoothly & good luck with the interviews.
Bali2010 is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 4:12 am
  #640  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Martin99's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 768
Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Lorna999
Well that was a bit of a crap xmas! Had our application from NS returned. It turns out we had over paid the processing fee. My OH put in processing fee for our step daughter, as he presumed this was necessary as she would still have to have medicals etc, though she wasn't going. (sound of rather large gunshot)
THe frustrating thing is that the application was returned with big red ticks throughout untill the last thing.AARRGGHH!! I suppose though, at least we know the rest of it is ok. There was a letter attached saying to return a new set of documents with the correct processing fee. We returned this immediately(with a small hiccup as my husband tripped over the rather large tail between his legs on the way out GRRR!)
Anyone else made such a stupid mistake... I feel in a class of our own on that one!
Another 2 month wait now Very frustrating)
Anyway, on a more positive note, We are off for a recce in 2 weeks and OH has managed to secure 2 job interviews which is great. So fingers crossed something good will happen! (redeemed himself with that one..lol)

Good luck to everyone else and all the best for 2010.
That is very pedantic. Why could they not simply send you a cheque for the overpayment or a credit against your PR fee?

Cheers

Martin
Martin99 is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 4:33 am
  #641  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 224
Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Martin99
That is very pedantic. Why could they not simply send you a cheque for the overpayment or a credit against your PR fee?

Cheers

Martin
Yeah, that's what I thought. Was almost seething with frustration when it arrived. I know they have to have rules, but this could have been so simple to sort out I could have understood if we had underpaid........
Lorna999 is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 4:39 am
  #642  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 224
Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Bali2010
I think mistakes aren't uncommon - at one point quite a few posts had returns for missing info or not enough 'n/a's.

Personally have not had my first response yet - am behind you by about 2 weeks so now Xmas out of the way I am a little nervous on that front to see if there are any problems.

Here's hoping the rest goes smoothly & good luck with the interviews.
Thanks Bali... I think we were focussing too much on the n/a's and making sure there were no empty boxes!
We were convinced there were no mistakes....ho hum!
Anyway. All the best for you and I hope you get a lovely 120 day email and not a returned package on door step Shouldn't be long now!
Lorna999 is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 4:50 am
  #643  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Liverpool 2009 , Kamloops 2010
Posts: 253
Gaz67 will become famous soon enoughGaz67 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Lorna999
Thanks Bali... I think we were focussing too much on the n/a's and making sure there were no empty boxes!
We were convinced there were no mistakes....ho hum!
Anyway. All the best for you and I hope you get a lovely 120 day email and not a returned package on door step Shouldn't be long now!
They are ridiculous when it comes to immigration , wonder how the UK immigration intake process is compared to Canada , i will have to go google it and have a mooch

One problem i did foresee with our App was the origional funds i sent to pay CIC was for myself my wife and daughter... wife was expecting but as you know you cannot put unborn babies down..

So the baby was born august 7th same day as i received 120 day letter

Was great to get home from hosp after 12 hours there and first mail i looked at was 120 day letter, although like others it was in my junk mail box.
But the junk mail box after advice from peeps on here is always the first place i check even now.

So we now have an additional child fee which hopefully they will just ask for without sending everything back and of course proof of funds amount will increase.

Fingers crossed it all goes well

Gaz
Gaz67 is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 10:50 am
  #644  
BE Forum Addict
 
LinsyPinsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Morgan Crossing, BC
Posts: 1,045
LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Lorna999
Well that was a bit of a crap xmas! Had our application from NS returned. It turns out we had over paid the processing fee. My OH put in processing fee for our step daughter, as he presumed this was necessary as she would still have to have medicals etc, though she wasn't going. (sound of rather large gunshot)
THe frustrating thing is that the application was returned with big red ticks throughout untill the last thing.AARRGGHH!! I suppose though, at least we know the rest of it is ok. There was a letter attached saying to return a new set of documents with the correct processing fee. We returned this immediately(with a small hiccup as my husband tripped over the rather large tail between his legs on the way out GRRR!)
Anyone else made such a stupid mistake... I feel in a class of our own on that one!
Another 2 month wait now Very frustrating)
Anyway, on a more positive note, We are off for a recce in 2 weeks and OH has managed to secure 2 job interviews which is great. So fingers crossed something good will happen! (redeemed himself with that one..lol)

Good luck to everyone else and all the best for 2010.
Dear Lorna
Feeling your pain, we had our returned 6 weeks ago. Its rubbish, but at least you know you filled everything in right. Fingers crossed for you.
Hope things go well for the interviews, keep us informed.
linsy
LinsyPinsy is offline  
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:52 am
  #645  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 224
Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Dear Lorna
Feeling your pain, we had our returned 6 weeks ago. Its rubbish, but at least you know you filled everything in right. Fingers crossed for you.
Hope things go well for the interviews, keep us informed.
linsy

Thanks so much! Will let you at know how went as soon as we get back. At least we have this to look forward too....
Lorna999 is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.