Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old May 13th 2012, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by kat-b
Which noc did you apply under. We have a very similar timeline, I was just before you. Just wondering why you got medical requests and me and a load of other people got the 6-12 month wait letter! ;-) thanks :-)

Ah just saw the answer on another thread - electrician - although I see other people who applied under electrician on similar timeline also got a 6-12 month wait letters. I think I'm just going to have to accept that there is no logic! ;-) Good luck everyone!
Old May 15th 2012, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

The Sun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, I don't understand what the CHC London mean by "decision made" when they have not requested for medical report from us.

The statement on my ecas reads: "We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on May 10, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us".

Please can someone tell us what it stands for in our processing.
Old May 15th 2012, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Billysplinter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mac2
Nice to see another 0311 on here!
I have a query you may be able to help with, our application does not appear on ECAS, ever since our application went to London our application does not show on ECAS, is this normal? I can see that most other people seem to have something coming up, yet we have received the 6-12month letter etc.

Where are you hoping to go to in Canada?
Old May 15th 2012, 9:27 am
say BananasInPyjamas 10x

feedo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Sun
Hi guys, I don't understand what the CHC London mean by "decision made" when they have not requested for medical report from us.

The statement on my ecas reads: "We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on May 10, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us".

Please can someone tell us what it stands for in our processing.
I believe you will only know when you receive that letter which maybe will be the medical forms .. They are unexpectable at all and I think nobody will be able to answer your question , hope the best for you and everybody in here ..
Old May 15th 2012, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Decision Made prior to med requests usually means rejection i am afraid, there have been cases where it was an error, but of late it has been a good indication of rejection.
Old May 15th 2012, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Billysplinter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Decision Made prior to med requests usually means rejection i am afraid, there have been cases where it was an error, but of late it has been a good indication of rejection.
That's the issue I don't have a clue of what the ECAS system states as I cannot get anything from it! It's such a frustrating system, and when you read through the threads it makes you realise just how many people have their lives on hold...knowing is better than not knowing if it's a Yes or No...the waiting just zaps the life out of you! Thanks for the replies.
Old May 15th 2012, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Billysplinter
That's the issue I don't have a clue of what the ECAS system states as I cannot get anything from it! It's such a frustrating system, and when you read through the threads it makes you realise just how many people have their lives on hold...knowing is better than not knowing if it's a Yes or No...the waiting just zaps the life out of you! Thanks for the replies.
That's annoying! At least you hve the 6-12 month wait letter, def better than a straight rejection. I still don't feel like I can relax though, afraid it just means they haven't even looked at it yet! Fingers crossed for everyone and so sorry to those who received rejections, hopefully you find another route to Canada
Old May 15th 2012, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Billysplinter
Billy - have you tried all combinations to access ecas? I use my OLD file no (even though the letters show new no and say to use that from now on - but that one does not work on ecas!). I choose Immigration file no. (I think that's what it is called) and then my old B no. plus there are two (or maybe more in some cases) options for country: mine works for England, but used to be United Kingdom and colonies....

So try a whole heap of combinations - if you haven't already. They are not consistent when you see what others have to use to access their file.

Good luck!
Old May 15th 2012, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

The Sun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by julievonz
Oh boy finally !, my status has changed too. Its also 'Decision Made' but they have said they have sent us a letter on May 4th informing us of their decision. Oh well, probably a rejection. At least I can move on with my life now..
Hi Julievonz, have you received your letter CHC sent to you? What is the content like? Is like we are having similar response. Though I have not received mine till now.
Old May 16th 2012, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

julievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nice

No, I still don't have the letter, even though it was supposedly sent out on the 4th May. I will post a notice as soon as I get it and let you know what it says.
Old May 18th 2012, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Just as a FYI:
Someone who received the 6-12 month wait letter has just got hold of their caips notes, it lists a BFD of March 2013, i.e. 12 months after the letter was sent... Looks like we could be waiting a while!

(BFD = Bring Forward Date before anyone asks ;-) )
Old May 18th 2012, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Just as a FYI:
Someone who received the 6-12 month wait letter has just got hold of their caips notes, it lists a BFD of March 2013, i.e. 12 months after the letter was sent... Looks like we could be waiting a while!

(BFD = Bring Forward Date before anyone asks ;-) )
Hi do you know if this person has passed the paper check stage i.e cic has accepted their eveidence for points, employment etc? One of the fields in the CAIPs notes is apparently called PSDEC (paper screening decision) and I was told that if that is set to 1 then your file has been paper screened. Any idea or is there an original post from this person. I am also going to send for my CAIPS notes but might be a month or so before I get them. Thanks :-)
Old May 18th 2012, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Just a quick one

Was talking to one of the directors for the company i work and asked if cic have been in contact IE reff + job duties, he said no as i have asked to give us a call when they do

SO have cic gone through our application or just send the 12 month letter just to keep us quiet
Old May 18th 2012, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by graham and george
Just a quick one

Was talking to one of the directors for the company i work and asked if cic have been in contact IE reff + job duties, he said no as i have asked to give us a call when they do

SO have cic gone through our application or just send the 12 month letter just to keep us quiet
Must admit I never actually thought they would get in touch with our employer(s)..... having produced original reference letters etc.

My guess is that they have done the "paper review", confirmed your job is on the list and that you have enough points. You now are officially "in process" and can't get your processing fee refunded. Sent you a "holding letter" and chucked the file back in the cabinet till they get enough spare time to look at it or (maybe) someone in authority says "hey, we haven't got enough electricians - dig some out from the M1 pile".

IF my guess is right, it's just a waiting game for meds and security checks. Not even going to hazard a guess at how long the wait will be.
Old May 18th 2012, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAPER SCREENING DECISION (PSDEC)=1= Passed

is on 2 sets of notes that have had the 6-12 month wait letter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.