Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old May 2nd 2012, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

Billysplinter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No, as per sdo's reply above it won't be taken in to consideration at all, as you haven't provided proof doing the duties under 1122 etc. You'll only be considered against the NOC code you've stated on your application.

Which NOC code was that out of interest? You've put 0013/0014 above, but assume that's a typo.

Welcome to the forum btw.
On my application I put 0013 and 0014 as the previous jobs I have done have been in business and healthcare. Whereas now I am a business consultant and would have fitted under 1122.
Old May 2nd 2012, 3:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Billysplinter
On my application I put 0013 and 0014 as the previous jobs I have done have been in business and healthcare. Whereas now I am a business consultant and would have fitted under 1122.
Neither 0013 or 0014 were on the list of eligible occupations though, so which did you actually use for your application? Presumably it was 0311 which was for Managers in Healthcare?

Management consultants are 1122 but weren't on 'the list' of occupations prior to 26th June 2010, so wouldn't be of any consideration even if you'd put that as one of your NOC codes.

Old May 2nd 2012, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Billysplinter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Neither 0013 or 0014 were on the list of eligible occupations though, so which did you actually use for your application? Presumably it was 0311 which was for Managers in Healthcare?

Management consultants are 1122 but weren't on 'the list' of occupations prior to 26th June 2010, so wouldn't be of any consideration even if you'd put that as one of your NOC codes.

Sorry I meant 0311!
Old May 2nd 2012, 5:23 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Billysplinter
Sorry I meant 0311!
Nice to see another 0311 on here!
Old May 3rd 2012, 10:29 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

what's the deal with this 6-12 months till further processing steps?
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:46 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Dear all who have recieved the 6-12 months wait letter - read below - this is reply to a case specific enquiry sent to Singapore CHC. Interesting indeed

April 27, 2012, 02:11:35 am »

Dear Ms XXXXX,

Thank you for your enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.

We are pleased to advise you that your application has been assessed, and that you have been determined to meet the eligibility requirements of the Federal Skilled Worker category.

As you may already be aware, changes to immigration law in 2008 allow Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) to set, through Ministerial Instructions, the number and type of applications considered for processing each year, and the order in which these applications will be processed. You may wish to consult this page for more information on the Ministerial Instructions: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp

Your application was determined to be eligible under the first set of Ministerial Instructions, as it was received between February 28, 2008 and June 25, 2010. A second set of Ministerial Instructions applies to applications received between June 26, 2010 and June 30, 2011. Processing priority is now being given to Skilled Worker applications that meet the eligibility criteria in a third set of Ministerial Instructions, for applications received from July 1, 2011.

The number of Federal Skilled Worker applications approved by the Singapore visa office has exceeded the visa target we have been allocated for this category under Canada's annual Immigration Levels Plan. We are carefully managing the finalization of applications to ensure that the applicants with skills and work experience that meet current labour market needs - i.e. those who applied under the most recent set of Ministerial Instructions - are issued visas on a priority basis. For applications received under earlier sets of Ministerial Instructions, we will proceed with the final steps of processing (e.g. medical examination, statutory checks) only when we have sufficient target space to be able to issue visas in the coming year.

Applications received under the first set of Ministerial instructions will be processed to finalization on the basis of when they were received. Applicants who applied earlier (from February 27, 2008 onward) will be contacted before those who applied later (up to June 25, 2010). When we are ready to continue processing your application, we will contact you with instructions. Until then, the only information you are required to provide to our office is:

- Change of address or contact information, including email address

- Marriage, birth, or death in the applicant's immediate family

- Request to withdraw the application and refund the application fees

- Submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Social Development Canada

- Change to the applicant's representation (to engage, change, or revoke a paid representative, the form IMM 5476 Use of a Representative must be completed and signed by the applicant, then sent to our office)

In all correspondence with our office, remember to quote the applicant's file number, full name and date of birth.

We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section | Section d'immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut Commissariat du Canada
Singapore | Singapour

Facsimile | Télécopieur : (65) 6854-5874
E-mail Address | Adresse courriel : Singapore-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
Website | Site Web : www.cic.gc.ca | www.singapore.gc.ca
Street Address | Adresse de rue: One George Street, #11-01, Singapore 049145
Mailing Address | Adresse d'expédition : P.O. Box 845, Robinson Road, Singapore 901645
Old May 8th 2012, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

That doesn't fill me with much hope!!

I just received my '6-12 months' letter today and ECAS now reads

"Your application was reviewed and we started processing on May 2, 2012"

It previously read "We transferred your application to the London England office on August 4, 2010. The London England office may contact you."

I am under the first set of instructions though which by the sound of the above will never be processed!! I was so excited when I saw the letter too!

I had changed my mind about reapplying if my category comes up again but now thinking it still might be faster...........then again why say 6-12 months if they don't at least plan to do it in that time?? I could definitely deal with that time frame but I don't feel confident that it will happen.

What is everyone else thinking about all this??
Old May 8th 2012, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kat-b
That doesn't fill me with much hope!!

I just received my '6-12 months' letter today and ECAS now reads

"Your application was reviewed and we started processing on May 2, 2012"

It previously read "We transferred your application to the London England office on August 4, 2010. The London England office may contact you."

I am under the first set of instructions though which by the sound of the above will never be processed!! I was so excited when I saw the letter too!

I had changed my mind about reapplying if my category comes up again but now thinking it still might be faster...........then again why say 6-12 months if they don't at least plan to do it in that time?? I could definitely deal with that time frame but I don't feel confident that it will happen.

What is everyone else thinking about all this??
Kat - I'm not sure if you have seen on other threads, but quite a few in our stream have recently received 'Decision made' without med reqs yet.

Now that used to mean (in most cases) that they should expect a rejection, yet as things seem to be moving into new territory (ie these new letters with the wait period), etc. - who knows at this stage - I guess we have to sit still and wait (yes, yet again....) My thoughts (at this stage, though I am prone to change due to climate!), are to wait it out - it feels like we will see things clearer by the start of July (when the new rules/list of jobs come out). This is, of course, conjecture on my part - just a gut feeling.

Just hope to god for all of us, that it is ultimately good news....and soon would be helpful.
Old May 8th 2012, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by witchileiz
Kat - I'm not sure if you have seen on other threads, but quite a few in our stream have recently received 'Decision made' without med reqs yet.

Now that used to mean (in most cases) that they should expect a rejection, yet as things seem to be moving into new territory (ie these new letters with the wait period), etc. - who knows at this stage - I guess we have to sit still and wait (yes, yet again....) My thoughts (at this stage, though I am prone to change due to climate!), are to wait it out - it feels like we will see things clearer by the start of July (when the new rules/list of jobs come out). This is, of course, conjecture on my part - just a gut feeling.

Just hope to god for all of us, that it is ultimately good news....and soon would be helpful.
Hi

Yeah you're right, we're used to waiting anyway! ;-) Maybe they are just holding on to our apps until they get a better idea of the resources they need next year and then they will take it from there or maybe they will take a few jobs off the list and just use the apps they have to fill those..... who knows, maybe they don't even know!!!

Thanks :-)) good to know there are a few of us in the same position! Fingers crossed for us all!

At least we don't have a rejection yet - hanging on in there!!
Old May 8th 2012, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Hi all

Just got in from work checked ecas and got this

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on May 3, 2012.

hope this is good news

now the long wait
Old May 9th 2012, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kat-b
Hi

Yeah you're right, we're used to waiting anyway! ;-) Maybe they are just holding on to our apps until they get a better idea of the resources they need next year and then they will take it from there or maybe they will take a few jobs off the list and just use the apps they have to fill those..... who knows, maybe they don't even know!!!

Thanks :-)) good to know there are a few of us in the same position! Fingers crossed for us all!

At least we don't have a rejection yet - hanging on in there!!
I think it will all be clearer in the next few months, the number of apparent rejections coming out of london does lead me to think that they do intend to clear us mi1 applicants out in the next 6-12 months as per the letter.
Old May 9th 2012, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sdo1982
I think it will all be clearer in the next few months, the number of apparent rejections coming out of london does lead me to think that they do intend to clear us mi1 applicants out in the next 6-12 months as per the letter.
By clear out do you mean reject or make a decision - hopefully the latter! ;-)
Old May 10th 2012, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

julievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nice

Oh boy finally !, my status has changed too. Its also 'Decision Made' but they have said they have sent us a letter on May 4th informing us of their decision. Oh well, probably a rejection. At least I can move on with my life now..
Old May 12th 2012, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

LMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant future

We got our copy of passport requests yesterday so finally the wait is almost over! Hope the trend continues for everyone in the same time-line
Old May 12th 2012, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LMBrian
We got our copy of passport requests yesterday so finally the wait is almost over! Hope the trend continues for everyone in the same time-line
Which noc did you apply under. We have a very similar timeline, I was just before you. Just wondering why you got medical requests and me and a load of other people got the 6-12 month wait letter! ;-) thanks :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.