Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Mar 26th 2012, 12:35 pm
Snow boots are ready....

nrh1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by 99problems
Congrats to all getting movement/progress.

We are yet to hear anything though I read on another thread that CIC now expect to reach processing decisions for all Jun 2008 - July 2010 apps by June 2012. If you buy that. My concern is having to provide a new up to date employers reference as I have just started a new job and dont want to leave for at least another year. Is it normal to have to rpovide all new refs with your up to date background forms? Also am I right in thinking you dont have to submit your passport to get PR? I travel regularly through my job and couldn't surrender my passport for more than a week...awkward!
You have to surrender your passport still to get PR, but you can accelerate the process (normally 4-6weeks) down to 2 weeks if you take it there in person.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

Hmm thanks. Seeing as I was self employed and still have the company prior to taking my current job, I am now contemplating writing as my own employer requesting a 2nd passport from poassport office whcih is legitimate when long visa apps take possession of you passport and you need to travel. Point is, you need to justify it with a supporting letter from your employer............

We'll see. Is there no system they operate for people who need to travel all the time?
Old Mar 26th 2012, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to all who's 'in process' state has actually become 'dynamic' now

I have also learned from various sources that wrap-up/finalization of 38-occupations applications is actively in process, particularly at London visa office. It appears they have these days started working on last 6 months' group of applications, submitted between Jan - June 2010.

I have also heard about many refusals though

Please comment to better understand the prevailing circumstances.

Hope and pray all goes well with everybody!
Old Mar 30th 2012, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

I guess they have a lot more time now they have cancelled all pre 2008 applications!! What a nightmare for those people though.

So hopefully we'll hear soon although if they are clearing out the dead wood i'm scared i'll be rejected as not sure that my 'skills' are in demand now .......... i guess some movement is better than nothing! Roll on June........
Old Mar 31st 2012, 12:21 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

I am on the list of 38 and just had my medical, so some movement.
Old Mar 31st 2012, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bali2010
Oh that's good news! Hopefully the rest of us won't be too far behind :-)
Old Apr 1st 2012, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bali2010
Under what NOC did you apply?
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

The Sun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Salmanizak
Under what NOC did you apply?
My friend, dont get worried any longer, as information has it, all those pre-June 2010 completed applications that were submitted to CHC London on before december 2010 will be sent medical request before the end of July 2012.

So hopefully we will be on smiling moments soon!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Sun
My friend, dont get worried any longer, as information has it, all those pre-June 2010 completed applications that were submitted to CHC London on before december 2010 will be sent medical request before the end of July 2012.

So hopefully we will be on smiling moments soon!!!
I hope so; what is the source of this information by the way?
Old Apr 19th 2012, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

In Process!, though I fear it may be a moot point given the latest announcement by "Krazy Kenny" *sigh*
Old Apr 19th 2012, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sdo1982
In Process!, though I fear it may be a moot point given the latest announcement by "Krazy Kenny" *sigh*
Wah - great news Sdo! ....Just posted a rather gloomy depressed reply on another thread, after reading the latest Kenney fairytale, and now your news has lifted me once again.... *roller-coster*
Old Apr 19th 2012, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

In my opinion 0213 and 0111 appeared to be at great risk; so at least something MOVING for you, I hope it leads quickly to your Medicals . . . . . Best of Luck

Last edited by Salmanizak; Apr 19th 2012 at 8:29 am.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Looking at it, from In Process the fastest I have seen med requests is 4 months, that puts us past June when it appears "If you are not on the list you are not coming in" So I am guessing the last 3 years may have been a waste.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Congrats sdo, your timeline is very similar to our's, so we can only pray and hope things move along swiftly now.

Best of luck.................
Old Apr 24th 2012, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

So i just clicked on "In Process" on ecas to see what it says:

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on March 28, 2012.

Does that then mean i am actually really in process?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.