Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Oct 28th 2009, 7:57 pm
  #301  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 107
julietaba is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by syedozy
Hi Julietaba,
I am new here. Please advise me the phone number to call CIC Nova Scotia, as I am tensed for my application whether they have received it or do I need to cancell my bank draft?
Thanks in advance pls give me the contact number that you have used to contact them directly.
Cheers
Hi, I found this link http://immipedia.ca/CIC_call_centre
Follow the instructions and you get through to a person that should be able to answer your questions - good luck!
We got our forms back in the post yesterday, didn't fill in Schedule 1 for me, just for my husband as we didn't realise. It was sent on 14th Oct!!! HOW stupid did we feel!!! At least we know whats going on now.
Julie
julietaba is offline  
Old Oct 28th 2009, 9:09 pm
  #302  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 9
syedozy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by burton bunch
There is a number on CIC website for Sydney BUT they can only give you advice and not any information on specific cases/applications
Thanks for the info mate
syedozy is offline  
Old Oct 29th 2009, 4:57 am
  #303  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Martin99's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 768
Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by julietaba
Hi, I found this link http://immipedia.ca/CIC_call_centre
Follow the instructions and you get through to a person that should be able to answer your questions - good luck!
We got our forms back in the post yesterday, didn't fill in Schedule 1 for me, just for my husband as we didn't realise. It was sent on 14th Oct!!! HOW stupid did we feel!!! At least we know whats going on now.
Julie
You are in a very prestigious club! More than half of us appear to have had the forms sent back for minor omissions on the first application.

Good luck

Martin
Martin99 is offline  
Old Oct 29th 2009, 6:42 am
  #304  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 107
julietaba is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Martin99
You are in a very prestigious club! More than half of us appear to have had the forms sent back for minor omissions on the first application.

Good luck

Martin
Thanks! We were SO careful too, read through everything and still missed something. Sent it off again today and paid £40 for postage but at least it will get there tomorrow!!! This process is going to leave us bankrupt - hopefullly it will be worth it.
julietaba is offline  
Old Oct 29th 2009, 6:48 am
  #305  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Downtown Toronto
Posts: 270
humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by julietaba
Thanks! We were SO careful too, read through everything and still missed something. Sent it off again today and paid £40 for postage but at least it will get there tomorrow!!! This process is going to leave us bankrupt - hopefullly it will be worth it.
It's so easy to miss something it's quite scary.

I was actually standing outside the building in London with my completed application pack in my hands. I thought I'd have one last gasp check to see if I'd missed something ......20 minutes later I was in an internet cafe desperately printing off an overlooked piece of documentation!

I guess that's why some people hire Immigration Specialists.
humanist is offline  
Old Oct 29th 2009, 7:13 am
  #306  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 173
samjr400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by humanist
It's so easy to miss something it's quite scary.

I was actually standing outside the building in London with my completed application pack in my hands. I thought I'd have one last gasp check to see if I'd missed something ......20 minutes later I was in an internet cafe desperately printing off an overlooked piece of documentation!

I guess that's why some people hire Immigration Specialists.
Things still can go wrong even with Immigration Specialists, me and my hubby are proof of that - even the folks on here who have had forms sent back have still got through the initial stage quicker than us!!!
samjr400 is offline  
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:02 am
  #307  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 9
syedozy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by julietaba
Hi, I found this link http://immipedia.ca/CIC_call_centre
Follow the instructions and you get through to a person that should be able to answer your questions - good luck!
We got our forms back in the post yesterday, didn't fill in Schedule 1 for me, just for my husband as we didn't realise. It was sent on 14th Oct!!! HOW stupid did we feel!!! At least we know whats going on now.
Julie
Hi Julie,
Many thanks for your help. Feel sorry for your form to be returned for minor changes. Good luck..
Cheers
Syed
syedozy is offline  
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:24 am
  #308  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 9
syedozy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by julietaba
Hi, I found this link http://immipedia.ca/CIC_call_centre
Follow the instructions and you get through to a person that should be able to answer your questions - good luck!
We got our forms back in the post yesterday, didn't fill in Schedule 1 for me, just for my husband as we didn't realise. It was sent on 14th Oct!!! HOW stupid did we feel!!! At least we know whats going on now.
Julie
Hi Julie,
Many thanks for your help. Sorry for your form has been returned for minor changes... Good luck.
Cheers
Syed
syedozy is offline  
Old Oct 29th 2009, 8:59 pm
  #309  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 107
julietaba is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by syedozy
Hi Julie,
Many thanks for your help. Sorry for your form has been returned for minor changes... Good luck.
Cheers
Syed
No problem, did you manage to get through?
Julie
julietaba is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2009, 1:25 am
  #310  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 173
samjr400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

I am getting really really frustrated with the CIO in Sydney. I cannot at all understand what is going on with our application form. We have still not our initial approval back (waiting since Feb 09), all I know is they lost our form, we sent in an other, we managed to speak to a person in August who told us our form was ok and they would cancel second application we sent in and they went send us the confirmation etc. 2 weeks ago we got a letter saying the second application has been cancelled but nothing else.

I feel like going over there myself. I have been very patient since Feb but feel I am really losing patience now?

Anyone got any advice on how we can find anything out???

Now we are told we cannot ring from UK and speak to anyone about our form and we have to put questions in writing which we did ages ago.
samjr400 is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2009, 2:19 am
  #311  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Martin99's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 768
Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by samjr400
I am getting really really frustrated with the CIO in Sydney. I cannot at all understand what is going on with our application form. We have still not our initial approval back (waiting since Feb 09), all I know is they lost our form, we sent in an other, we managed to speak to a person in August who told us our form was ok and they would cancel second application we sent in and they went send us the confirmation etc. 2 weeks ago we got a letter saying the second application has been cancelled but nothing else.

I feel like going over there myself. I have been very patient since Feb but feel I am really losing patience now?

Anyone got any advice on how we can find anything out???

Now we are told we cannot ring from UK and speak to anyone about our form and we have to put questions in writing which we did ages ago.
Just in case Sydney has passed a file to London, have you thought of contacting London CHC with a question as to your current status? London case enquiries can be made via the following link:

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemai...ation-eng.aspx

It must be very frustrating!

Cheers

Martin
Martin99 is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2009, 2:24 am
  #312  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Posts: 744
chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Martin99
Just in case Sydney has passed a file to London, have you thought of contacting London CHC with a question as to your current status? London case enquiries can be made via the following link:

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemai...ation-eng.aspx

It must be very frustrating!

Cheers

Martin
also check your spam folder since your approval email may have ended up in there
chanceUK is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2009, 2:52 am
  #313  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 173
samjr400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by chanceUK
also check your spam folder since your approval email may have ended up in there
Will give it a shot. I really cant understand what is going on. I know they slowed down etc etc but I think our case is a bit extreme!!! Many thanks
samjr400 is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2009, 3:53 am
  #314  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: N.E. Lincs but hopefullly Halifax Nova Scotia!
Posts: 64
Bibendum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Just thought I would message in here as a result of another thread I put up.

We are an Mechanical Engineer and a Doctor hopefully moving to Canada ASAP! ReSubmitted our documents after having the originals returned - I left a space blank (oops!).

Sent away 8 October 2009
Received in Sydney 15 October 2009.

Fingers Crossed, I have started to get my other docs in order on the advice of others.

Thanks

Bib
Bibendum is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2009, 6:20 am
  #315  
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,159
Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Hi

Does any one know which date recieved Sydney is working on at the moment? Ours arrived on 1st Oct I suppose I am being a bit optomistic in thinking our turn might be coming soon
Miss Clinique is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.