Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Mar 3rd 2012, 9:14 am
Snow boots are ready....

nrh1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by kat-b
Oh WOW!!!! Congratulations :-)) So happy for you! When are you moving? Where are you going? Can't wait to join you! I think you should definitely buy a mountie hat :-))
Might not make the best impression at customs! Cheers kat. Have you started to pull together your new app yet. Really hope that works out for you.
All being well, and if I can secure a job, we will be off to Vancouver in the next 3 months, do much still to sort out here. Can't wait though!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by nrh1981
Might not make the best impression at customs! Cheers kat. Have you started to pull together your new app yet. Really hope that works out for you.
All being well, and if I can secure a job, we will be off to Vancouver in the next 3 months, do much still to sort out here. Can't wait though!!!
Hi

Not yet ........I guess i'm still kind of hoping for some movement on my old app. I see August 2010 AORs are getting med requests so maybe it will happen for us too over next few months. Like Jobop I still have most of the stuff from the old app so it shouldn't take too long. One way or another! ;-)

Thanks
Katie
Old Mar 12th 2012, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

The Sun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,
Is like the pre-June 2010 applications have started moving as I have seen some persons processing gone to medical request within the last one month. There is hope for our applications process completion in no distance time.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

858 days later.....

2 years, 4 months and 7 days later......

We first started this whole process on November 6th 2009 and we have finally done everything that we need too, but yet again waiting on CIC for the final answer, and then they decided to lose our medical documents but that was over two weeks ago and still waiting for a decison.
Very frustrating as we had our meds on 23rd Jan and some have had their meds after and received PPR!!

Just want to know so can make plans in our life!!

Deep Breath.....i feel a bit better after that rant...Sorry!!

Old Mar 13th 2012, 6:28 pm
Snow boots are ready....

Originally Posted by CanadianDreams
858 days later.....

2 years, 4 months and 7 days later......

We first started this whole process on November 6th 2009 and we have finally done everything that we need too, but yet again waiting on CIC for the final answer, and then they decided to lose our medical documents but that was over two weeks ago and still waiting for a decison.
Very frustrating as we had our meds on 23rd Jan and some have had their meds after and received PPR!!

Just want to know so can make plans in our life!!

Deep Breath.....i feel a bit better after that rant...Sorry!!

You were about a week behind us in terms of the medicals so hopefully you will hear very soon. Not lOng to go now!!
Old Mar 13th 2012, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

Mikey_O is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, i've got a quick question. I'm just pulling together my final round of updated documents to submit along with my medical.

I'm not sure how best to pay the $490 CA dollar right of permanent residents fee. I'm currently living in the US, so i was hoping to do it via direct deposit. There are direct deposit details listed on the site, but I'm unclear as to whether or not they accept this form of payment for FSW. Here's the page i'm referring to:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ng&view=d#rprf

Thanks for your help. One final question - assuming i get these docs back to the UK within the next week, how long can i expect to wait before i get the all clear? (fingers crossed, touch wood etc...)
Old Mar 14th 2012, 4:46 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Originally Posted by Mikey_O
Hi, i've got a quick question. I'm just pulling together my final round of updated documents to submit along with my medical.

I'm not sure how best to pay the $490 CA dollar right of permanent residents fee. I'm currently living in the US, so i was hoping to do it via direct deposit. There are direct deposit details listed on the site, but I'm unclear as to whether or not they accept this form of payment for FSW. Here's the page i'm referring to:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ng&view=d#rprf

Thanks for your help. One final question - assuming i get these docs back to the UK within the next week, how long can i expect to wait before i get the all clear? (fingers crossed, touch wood etc...)
1. No, you can't pay by direct deposit.

Please note: As of April 8, 2011, residents of Iceland, Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden only who wish to apply for Non-Immigrant immigration services or those applicants who are required to pay additional processing fees or their Right of Permanent Residency Fee (RPRF) on applications which are already in process at the London office will be able to pay by direct deposit.

2. You need a Bank Draft / Bank Cheque in Canadian dollars

"Applications mailed to our office or dropped off in our drop box:

The fees accompanying a permanent residence application must be paid using a Bank Draft / Bank Cheque in Canadian dollars. Do not submit cash."

Payment by bank draft, bank cheque or postal order

A bank draft / bank cheque is a cheque issued by a bank payable to a person, in this case the Receiver General for Canada. The name of the Canadian bank that will pay the Receiver General for Canada will be written on the cheque.

The bank draft, bank cheque or postal order should be made payable to the: Receiver General for Canada

Write your name and address on the back of the bank draft.

3. Probably about 4 weeks for medical results, then it depends on how long for PPR could be 4 weeks could be 3 months or more.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Mikey_O is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help. The issue i'm running into now is that my bank is telling me they can't issue a bank draft in CAD. I'm banking with Chase. I have also tried American Express, but they couldn't help either.

Any advice greatly appreciated - this is proving to be very difficult. I wish they just let me pay by credit card.....
Old Mar 20th 2012, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nrh1981
You were about a week behind us in terms of the medicals so hopefully you will hear very soon. Not lOng to go now!!
Yes your right....have come this far and feeling a bit more relaxed now!!

I did send another email friday and got a reply yesterday....They feel our Schedule A form, question 8 the part where you have to write what you have been doing since you were 18 had significant gaps, anyhow i had this saved on my computer, i can't see any problems apart from we wrote the last 10 years as it states "since you were 18 or the last 10 years or whatever comes first" so a few tweeks and we have emailed it back as they requested "to expedite the process"

Lets hope thats it!!!
Old Mar 20th 2012, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Fingers crossed worked! We got PR at 16.45 today via email!!
Old Mar 20th 2012, 5:32 pm
Snow boots are ready....

Originally Posted by CanadianDreams
Fingers crossed worked! We got PR at 16.45 today via email!!
Nice one mate.
Did say you wouldnt be long behind me!

Enjoy your night.

Last edited by nrh1981; Mar 20th 2012 at 6:30 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=nrh1981;9963285]Nice one mate.
Didnt say you wouldnt be long behind me!

Enjoy your night.[/QUO

Yep you right hahah!!
I'm off to buy some bubbly....have given up booze for Lent but sod it!
Old Mar 20th 2012, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations!! :-)) def worth giving up on lent for!
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

The Sun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi CanadianDreams,
I believe your application movement is giving us much hope for good things and news to happen to us sooner than expected.

You have got it at last. Hurray!!!

I will be the next
Old Mar 26th 2012, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

Congrats to all getting movement/progress.

We are yet to hear anything though I read on another thread that CIC now expect to reach processing decisions for all Jun 2008 - July 2010 apps by June 2012. If you buy that. My concern is having to provide a new up to date employers reference as I have just started a new job and dont want to leave for at least another year. Is it normal to have to rpovide all new refs with your up to date background forms? Also am I right in thinking you dont have to submit your passport to get PR? I travel regularly through my job and couldn't surrender my passport for more than a week...awkward!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.