Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old Jan 19th 2012, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by kat-b
Oh really? I didn't realise that they had actually admitted it was going to take more than two years for the rest of us! I wonder if thats worst or best case scenario?!
I might be wrong but doesn't the email CIC sent all of us in reply mean that they have been instructed to process applications on the 29 occupations in demand list first?? So if your on that list you have a good chance of being processed in due course?

please explain if I have it wrong
Old Jan 19th 2012, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice

Sent an email last week (3rd)time cause i wanted answers,was told if our app had not gone past the paper processing we can have a refund if we pull our app out, so i wanted them to tell me if it had or not so finally had an email today saying it is still in the paper processing stage,applied in april 2010 so have decided to pull out and go a different route ,hubbies job is still on the list he is a carpenter supervisor. Its been showing in process since feb 2011 on ecas.

Last edited by jamie677; Jan 19th 2012 at 7:24 pm. Reason: dates
Old Jan 19th 2012, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bal uk
I might be wrong but doesn't the email CIC sent all of us in reply mean that they have been instructed to process applications on the 29 occupations in demand list first?? So if your on that list you have a good chance of being processed in due course?

please explain if I have it wrong
They said "applications under the most recent set of ministerial instructions are processed on a priority basis" which I guess means post June 2010 applicants. I applied under the first set of ministerial instructions so on the slow train :-(
Old Jan 19th 2012, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jamie677
Sent an email last week (3rd)time cause i wanted answers,was told if our app had not gone past the paper processing we can have a refund if we pull our app out, so i wanted them to tell me if it had or not so finally had an email today saying it is still in the paper processing stage,applied in april 2010 so have decided to pull out and go a different route ,hubbies job is still on the list he is a carpenter supervisor. Its been showing in process since feb 2011 on ecas.
Yeah your timeline is pretty much identical to mine and jobops. Are you going to apply again in July 2012?
Old Jan 19th 2012, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice

no hubbie may have a job,waiting to hear,so it will be work permit and fsw2 app then if it goes to plan,we have til sept to have something in place as son wants to go to collage here,but if we can get to canada before then he will come with us,its all been down to timing for us,just fed up of waiting,thought we would of gone past paper processing by now,just applied at the wrong time,was afraid they would take carpenter supervisor off the list but we would of been better off waiting and applying under the new rules. Its easy for people to say just get on with your lives but we have been saving every penny to have the money to go so for 3 yrs not done much.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jamie677
no hubbie may have a job,waiting to hear,so it will be work permit and fsw2 app then if it goes to plan,we have til sept to have something in place as son wants to go to collage here,but if we can get to canada before then he will come with us,its all been down to timing for us,just fed up of waiting,thought we would of gone past paper processing by now,just applied at the wrong time,was afraid they would take carpenter supervisor off the list but we would of been better off waiting and applying under the new rules. Its easy for people to say just get on with your lives but we have been saving every penny to have the money to go so for 3 yrs not done much.
I know I should have waited two months too and applied under the new rules too and I could have been there already. I've been thinking about this for years too. I joined the Police in 2008 and thought that I could transfer over there after a couple of years and then they stopped recruiting cops! I became a cop for nothing haha! ;-) I think we might start looking for jobs too, see if there are any other options. I guess I got a bit complacent as I thought they'd process the visa within 2 years at most but it really doesn't look that way.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

I can't believe CIC are STILL sending out that generic response - what a cop out! For a start it's 2012 and not 2011 anymore, we received that generic response way back last July, are they trying to say that not one old FSW application has been processed since last July and 144,000 are still outstanding 6-7 months later? If thats true we're in for a wait of years yet then
Old Jan 20th 2012, 8:32 am
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by scotty1974
I can't believe CIC are STILL sending out that generic response - what a cop out! For a start it's 2012 and not 2011 anymore, we received that generic response way back last July, are they trying to say that not one old FSW application has been processed since last July and 144,000 are still outstanding 6-7 months later? If thats true we're in for a wait of years yet then
With you on this one Scotty1974, we first received that response in January 2011. It may just be an automated system thats responding!
Old Jan 20th 2012, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

bongobrad is an unknown quantity at this point

On the AOR Aug - July 2010 there has been some movement on medicals so im hoping London is on the move with our Time lines.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

So quiet! Any news for anyone? I still haven't been able to motivate myself to start on my new application. I really should get moving!
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 11:23 am
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough

So quiet! Any news for anyone? I still haven't been able to motivate myself to start on my new application. I really should get moving!
I am waiting until at least May until I decide to start a new application, hopefully more people before us will of gone through the system so then can decide if its the best option.

Have everything I need for a new app bar the language test and new references but should have plenty of time to gather everything by July when they open the quota again.

There have been a few on here with Aug AOR's now stating that there address has disappeared on ECAS - I hope that means medicals for them as its one step further down the queue for us.

I have also noticed on the forum that only a few received AOR's in September and then there seemed to be a delay in AOR's being sent so it looks like there was none in October, November and December which means from Sept AOR's it should skip over to Jan 2011 and I am a Feb 2011 AOR so would be an exciting movement in the queue...

Still a waiting game...
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 11:28 pm
Snow boots are ready....

nrh1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kat,
I was thinking along the same lines the other day. WE have done our medicals now, and paid the final PR fee so hopefully now we just have to wait for a decision. I hope you guys who applied earlier get some movement, the endless waiting is hard.
Anyways... no news to report... just filling up forum space...
keep those fingers crossed.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 7:16 pm
Snow boots are ready....

nrh1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

AAARGGGGHHHHHH.....

Had the crapest week at work in a long time, knocked up over 65 hours in 5 days and just when i thought it couldnt get any worse......

It didnt...

We got an email asking for our passports this evening, we have been accepted!!!

WAAAAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Now i know it says not to quit your job, leave the country, buy a mountie hat, etc etc until you get it officially but oh my i am so happy.
Every cloud, silver lining and all that!
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nrh1981
AAARGGGGHHHHHH.....

Had the crapest week at work in a long time, knocked up over 65 hours in 5 days and just when i thought it couldnt get any worse......

It didnt...

WAAAAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Now i know it says not to quit your job, leave the country, buy a mountie hat, etc etc until you get it officially but oh my i am so happy.
What a great end to a crappy week.....Hope your celebrating tonight!
Congratulations
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nrh1981
AAARGGGGHHHHHH.....

It didnt...

WAAAAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Oh WOW!!!! Congratulations :-)) So happy for you! When are you moving? Where are you going? Can't wait to join you! I think you should definitely buy a mountie hat :-))

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.